Prot Paladin @ Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Prot Paladin @ Kalecgos

Postby samsara » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:08 am

Hi Mates,

i tried to search but couldn't find a kind of guide for Protadins @ Kalecgos. I've seen some posts over the internet that a prot-pala with some arcane gear can tank him solo in one of his phases but no detailed guide or video for something like that.

any links or descriptions here?

thx in advance
samsara

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:18 am

Not much of a specific guide, you get your AR to 200ish buffed, then tank the dragon phase the whole time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flashbane » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:30 am

Worldie wrote:Not much of a specific guide, you get your AR to 200ish buffed, then tank the dragon phase the whole time.

You mean so long as we have 200+ AR, we could tank the Dragon until Demon die?
Flashbane

Postby Zappi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:11 am

You'll resist some of the arcane debuffs and can use your bubble, if they stacked to high.

+ Only one tank at the dragon

- one tank missing at the demon, Kalecgos will take more damage
- your dps must be good enough to burn a) the demon down before Kalecgos dies, b) the dragon down before your arcane debuffs stacks too high while bubble is on cd

Ovarall, the normal approach with 3 tanks is safer and in my opinion better. I tested the AR tactics once, but did not resist more than one time. Could be bad luck, but there are no real advantages to take this risk.
Zappi

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:27 am

I did tank one phase extra because of a tank death within kalecos. With bubble macro (bubble on, bubble off) he did not even switch targets.

We will still do a normal 3 Tank Rotation.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby ShaiHulud » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:29 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:I did tank one phase extra because of a tank death within kalecos. With bubble macro (bubble on, bubble off) he did not even switch targets.

We will still do a normal 3 Tank Rotation.

3tank rotation is probabaly the easiest way to do things. Just make sure your tanks get the rotation down and know how to take a portal when they are supposed to. And also know that when taunting kalec they need to stand right on top of the other tank so you don't shift him and get people in his frontal AoE or Tail AoE.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Just use 3 tank rotation you'll be fine hardest part of fight is making sure u dont kill Kalecgos toom fast while demon is at 80%
Lightbeard

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:50 pm

I haven't bothered taking a portal on kalec since 3.0 :[
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Promdates » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:47 pm

I normally end up tanking the demon first and dragon second. We use the 3 tank rotation, and I take the first portal. Start attacking the demon, but don't taunt until after the 2nd portal goes to make sure there's enough healers down to heal you and the group.

When your debuff wears off, you auto port back to dragon. Taunt the dragon and then tank until the next tank comes back up. It's usually at this point (the 3rd tank on dragon), that the demon/dragon both die for us. Your mileage my vary.
Promdates

Postby Ryu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:48 am

fuzzygeek wrote:I haven't bothered taking a portal on kalec since 3.0 :[

"What % is the demon on?"
"Oh nevermind, Kalecgos down already"
"Was that portal 2?"
Ryu

Postby Enkal » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:07 am

I always start on Kalecgos, first tank in the first portal almost always die even tho I tell them every time to wait and see if there are any healers around. :roll:
Enkal

Postby sanctifico » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:10 am

Resistance gear.... whuuts that?

Seriously you dont need it anymore unless your dps sucks hard.

You never needed more than 80 arcane res (kara trinket + GotW) pre patch to solo tank the dragon realm, you just wait to 12stacks and bubble+taunt. Gives you about 4seconds of 0 incoming damage, then you drop bubble and start again with 0debuffs.

12 stacks was the boss at about 40% health in both realms, without any resists.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Return to Sunwell Plateau