Leotheras Demon phase

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Leotheras Demon phase

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:39 am

Ok i've always used to tank Leo in Human Phase, but this week our MT is not available and me and him were the only ones with FR gear, so it's up to me tanking the Demon Phase while some druid will take care of Human Phase.

Anyone has already done that and can give me some advices? I was thinking of starting with Exorcism + JoR and then keeping Consecration + SoR/JoR, obviously skipping Holy Shield, and spamming Exorcism every time it's up.

Also i've thought about bubbling to dispel the debuff if it stacks too much, but, whats the limit, since i'd like to have it up for phase 3 in which i'll for sure need it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tiandelin » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:56 am

I tried exorcising him on the transition a few times when we were starting, since that would ensure that the initial chaos blast was directed at me instead of someone else. It seemed to work just fine, though I stopped doing it since it killed me a couple times when the demon tank was slow to pick him up (might have been crits).

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if blessing of protection removes the debuff too, or is divine shield the only counter we have to it?
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Mortehl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:25 pm

Tanking Demon side is easy. Just drop a consecrate and hammer him at the conversion. He's yours.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby PsiVen » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:45 pm

BoP does not remove the debuff, but DS probably does since DI definitely does (it's what we usually use on our warlock tank).
The limit of stacks is whatever you can take shortly before being one-shot. Depends largely on your HP pool -- basically if you go from full to <1000hp it's time to bubble or die.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:04 pm

DS does dispel the debuff, i've used it sometimes when tanking the Human Phase if i got hit by the Chaos Blasts (consecration ticks eh eh).
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:37 pm

Sounds like a good plan to me worldie. They changed his blast radius quite awhile ago, so your melee can come and do damage (since the demon phase is where the most damage is done anyway) without fear of getting blasted.
Cakes

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern