Remove Advertisements

Single Tank ZA with a fury meatbag

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mialina » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:52 am

Bk992004 wrote:
Mialina wrote: decent gear (t6 equivalent).

What does your gear look like where T6 qualifies only as "decent?"

Well, after the nerfs MH and BT become soloable with badge geared ppl and knowing how easy it is get those badges (I had a mage friend who geared almost solely with those and outdpsed a lot of ppls in BT) I assume any pre-swp t6 gear is decent and swp is good gear :)

About my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Mialina
but I dont always use the same gear, the one above was a single target threat gear (may change when you check though :) )
Mialina

Postby vschiano2008 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:49 pm

in my old ZA bear farm group (i was a priest healer in this group), everyone was in T6 equiv gear. Our pally tank was the most amazing player i've ever played with- he wound up tanking nearly everything and the feral druid dps'ed alot.

we used two tanks on bear/dragonhawk, becasue we had them, and because we 2 healed (kinda helps a ton with an extra dps for bear runs)

hex lord- pally aoe tanked everything. gogo dps.

most bosses died within 2 minutes or so

Feral Druid
Prot Pally
Enhan Shammy
Rouge or DPS War (somtimes both and negate the boomkin)
Boomkin
Elem Shaman
Resto Shaman
CoH priest (or 2nd resto shaman)
Spriest
Lock
vschiano2008

Postby kysu » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Hmm I finally got to single tank ZA. Had a fury was throw some crap prot gear for bear n lynx. Other then that I got to do it all. I tanked dragonhawk and all his adds, one side at a time. Hex lord with one add at a time while others were being cc'd. I honestly like it this way much more then with an OT. Everything is easy to manage and the fights go as I want them to go rather then waiting for someone else to botch it up.

I ran it with:unbuffed

14.7k hp (was 19k ish buffed)
485 sd
16k armor
50's avoidance

So g/l guys hope u get to pull off ur tanken dreams.
kysu

Postby Giacomo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:01 am

ran it without fury meatbag. couldn't get lynx down, as he's still cleaving for 16k of my 18k (no priest either >_>) and 1am was too late at night to sort out a IB/BoP rotation on the fly.

have to say up until lynx it really was kinda fun.
Giacomo

Postby Frickit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:14 am

Mialina wrote:I had another solo tank ZA run last night. This time we didnt have proper CC for Hex Lord so I had to tank the blood elf chick and the dragonkin along with the boss himself. Wasnt much of a problem and they both died before the shadow bolts (good dps :) ).

we now bring all adds to the center to AoE them down then we kill hex. It couldnt be easier. Still the hardest part is the MT kiting during consecration/pally phase. Ours did it and we won. Of course I understand that too, but man there are some tanks that just sit in the stuff. Slap them.

I think its just handy to have two geared tanks. Dont be afraid to share and back off a little.
Frickit

Postby Sevlock » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:59 pm

i have indeed soloed whole ZA, tryed to have a dps warrior take lashes but he died at the first lash, so in reality i soloed that to. did not have a wipe until ZJ.
so it's perfectly doable, just have some dam good healers backing you up:)
Sevlock

Previous

Return to Zul'aman