Remove Advertisements

An idea for Kings, I think its quite good.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Velgarn » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:58 pm

How about make Sanctuary baseline (at least the mana/rage/rp regen) and make kings apply to all blessings. Then deep in prot tree we can get Improved Blessing of Sanctuary - adding the 3% DR to BoS.

This way we keep to the whole 3 tree 3 blessings model, while also allowing prot to buff themselves with both Kings / Sanctuary so they don't feel like they wasted 5 points.

Can also roll it into mark of the wild somehow, or some DK ability, or warlock, etc. Even a couple of classes. /shrug
Velgarn

Postby crabcrouton » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:06 pm

kurtizzle wrote:I appologise for questioning a fellow poster, but crabcrouton you say that your idea would be better, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure you havn't actualy stated your idea.

You said why it was good, but not what it was. Was this reference to another thread/post? Can you please state your idea?

I'm sure we are thinking of the same thing, you talked about merging Kings with the other blessing, that is what I stated in my original post.

I think the boards ate up my post. I'm really sorry about that. My proposal is that for 3 talents, that any blessing a Paladin gives would also increase the targets' stats by an additional 10%, nonstackable of course.

I think you and I have the same sort of idea, just different scalability. In hindsight, I could've been clearer in my assessment as well. Once again, my apologies.

Here's my issue, your idea still would make it extremely desirable to slot multiple Paladins in a 10 man situation in order to stack enough blessings to get ~10% Kings.

You don't address the problem that it's still "4" blessings, achievable only with 3 Paladin specs in a raid. It puts a tremendous incentive on 10 mans to always slot 3 pallies. A raid without that 3rd Paladin is like one without a single Druid, Priest or Mage.

Not only that but all three Paladins would have to each sink 3 points into getting this version of Kings. That's a total of 9 talents raid-wide being devoted to grab Kings, a far cry from a single spending of 5 points.
crabcrouton

Thanks for the reply :p

Postby kurtizzle » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:20 pm

Double post
Last edited by kurtizzle on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Thanks for the reply :p

Postby kurtizzle » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:21 pm

crabcrouton wrote:
kurtizzle wrote:I appologise for questioning a fellow poster, but crabcrouton you say that your idea would be better, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure you havn't actualy stated your idea.

You said why it was good, but not what it was. Was this reference to another thread/post? Can you please state your idea?

I'm sure we are thinking of the same thing, you talked about merging Kings with the other blessing, that is what I stated in my original post.

I think the boards ate up my post. I'm really sorry about that. My proposal is that for 3 talents, that any blessing a Paladin gives would also increase the targets' stats by an additional 10%, nonstackable of course.

I think you and I have the same sort of idea, just different scalability. In hindsight, I could've been clearer in my assessment as well. Once again, my apologies.

Here's my issue, your idea still would make it extremely desirable to slot multiple Paladins in a 10 man situation in order to stack enough blessings to get ~10% Kings.

You don't address the problem that it's still "4" blessings, achievable only with 3 Paladin specs in a raid. It puts a tremendous incentive on 10 mans to always slot 3 pallies. A raid without that 3rd Paladin is like one without a single Druid, Priest or Mage.

Not only that but all three Paladins would have to each sink 3 points into getting this version of Kings. That's a total of 9 talents raid-wide being devoted to grab Kings, a far cry from a single spending of 5 points.

Haven't thought about the ammount of talents spent raid wide, very interesting from that angle.

Maybe they could merg Kings into Guardians favour by adding in some text along the lines of, 'add 5% stat increase to all blessing, this effect only stacks twice'. Move both Guardians favour and Stocisism to tier 1 and link the two together with Stoicisimbeing the first of the pair. To final the move perhaps add in to Stoisism that RF will not be dispellable and increase its duration by 30%. something along those lines.

What do you guys think? I might edit the thread starter page.

PS: While they are at it maybe they should merge Reckoning with Argent Defender!
Last edited by kurtizzle on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby agamemnoch » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Screw it. Change it so that Shield of the templar does not give 3% reduction and give us a talent that makes our blessing better on us, because we are frickin' Paladins:

Blood of Kings:
Your blessings give you 3% damage reduction while active.
There can be only One blessing activated by this at a time.
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby kurtizzle » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Agamemnoch wrote:Screw it. Change it so that Shield of the templar does not give 3% reduction and give us a talent that makes our blessing better on us, because we are frickin' Paladins:

Blood of Kings:
Your blessings give you 3% damage reduction while active.
There can be only One blessing activated by this at a time.

Better on us and not dispellable. :p
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby agamemnoch » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:47 pm

By the way, I have seen you spell it Argent Defender repeatedly. It is Ardent Defender, not to be confused with the Argent Crusader or the Argent Dawn, which are factions.
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby kurtizzle » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:16 pm

Agamemnoch wrote:By the way, I have seen you spell it Argent Defender repeatedly. It is Ardent Defender, not to be confused with the Argent Crusader or the Argent Dawn, which are factions.

I do appologise, I'm sure it was a typo. :p
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Re: An idea for Kings, I think its quite good.

Postby kurtizzle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Well this thread ran for a while, with the changes made in 4.0 we finally got what we wanted, baseline kings and druids MotW has the same feature, Might got folded into wisdom. End of story..
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Previous

Return to WotLK