Remove Advertisements

Kalecgos---3 groups or 4 groups?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kalecgos---3 groups or 4 groups?

Postby superworm » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:59 am

So we are trying Kalec tomorrow. After reading wowwiki carefully, I think the main diversion of strategies is the number of groups the raid is divided into.

From what I read, 3 groups strategy needs 7 people to use the portal and the portal could teleport 1 person per second and last for ~10 seconds, so it's essential for everyone to react quicklly. However after the first 3 portals, there is only one group which could be teleported when the portal comes, so it's easy to predict thus react quicklly.

On the other hand, 4 groups stategy needs only 5 people to use the portal, but there could be randomness every time the portal comes.

And one more thing I'm concerned is that Arcane Blast is said to have a 8 sec CD, and the last group enters the portal at around 2 mins into the battle, which results in a 15*debuff. That's ~8000 arcane damage from AB. How could people survive that or am I missing something?
Last edited by superworm on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
superworm

Postby Lore » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:05 am

4 groups, whichever group gets ported goes down (call it out on vent). Tanks go in their own rotation every other portal

You just heal through the arcane blast. 1000 DPS on 5-10 people is nothing. Welcome to Sunwell ;)

Here's a chart I made to illustrate the pull and a typical rotation when we were learning the fight:

Only thing that changed about it in our strategy is that tank 3 planned on getting ported by themselves (this was usually me) as a 5th portal right around the 2:10 mark, instead of going down in the portal right before that (just after tank 2 went down).
Lore
Global Mod

Postby superworm » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:30 am

So according to your chart, there is no randomness once after the first 3 portals, even for a 4 groups strategy. Thanks for the explanation.

8k damage every 8 seconds is healable, however I doubt our healers are prepared for this... Maybe I should warn them beforehand or we could try 3 groups strategy. How difficult is it for 7 people to take 1 portal?
superworm

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:32 am

It's doable, but I would recommend trying not to send anymore than 7, through any given portal, ontop of that 7 has a risk if someone was slow throughout the chain, that the last may miss out so they all have to be fast for this reason our groups are grouped (relatively), they even collapse in on eachother after their teleport to give all the other groups more room until their debuff runs out.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Zx » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:50 pm

If you dont use the four group method then you have to try and get everyone down in three which is highly difficult because the portals will allow a maximum of ~8 players in respective to their active duration.

Using that method means that you have to be almost perfect to get everyone down into a portal, not likely with run distance/lag/stupidity.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Ankiseth » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:31 pm

we do 5 >.>

each portal # means those groups go down. healers/tanks call out if ported early. Tanks go in at 1, 3, 5. But we're wierd. and the paladins who stay 'til portal 5 are beast.
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
Ankiseth

Postby Joanadark » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:54 pm

So according to your chart, there is no randomness once after the first 3 portals, even for a 4 groups strategy. Thanks for the explanation.

correct
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby superworm » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:47 pm

So we stepped into SW. The trash mobs were really annoying, especially the scouts.

About Kalec, I think after several wipes we finally figured out how to position the raid. The problem was the tanks were dying, especially when the healers were switching realms. We were taking 9 healers and it seems enough. I think it's just the healers need more practice.

Anyway, before we could practice more, the big ironman refreshed and caused chaos as we were engaging Kalec... So we cancelled the raid. Our best try is Kalec 39% and demon 41%. Maybe we could do better next time.
superworm

Return to Sunwell Plateau