Remove Advertisements

Fun with HKM fight

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Fun with HKM fight

Postby Conaan! » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:18 am

so weekly i do a gruuls/mags pug run, just for fun, this week we had our usual trouble with HKM, pull went bad first time and some healers died, but on our second attempt our mage got instagibbed by mage add, now at this point we had a felpuppy on the warlock (i was tanking warlock with one other tank while our t6 prot pally was having fun on HKM), so i decided i would run over and hold the mage until another mage could pull aggro, somehow i successfully tanked mage from 70ish% to 0% without losing aggro once, had 2 healers spamming on me and i was spamming holy light on myself the whole time.

this got me more open to trying something more fun, is it possible to simply put on FR gear to tank the mage all the time? i know holyfuri (since i know he will read this, lolnub) was telling me about how those spells are binary and only have base 1% chance to resist, is this true? is blastwave subject to this also?
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Voxe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:18 pm

I think the AoE dmg thing he does isn't affected by FR, not rly sure though
Voxe

Postby Fenira » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:42 pm

I always thought you couldn't do that, you needed a range dps such as a mage that can use spell steal or something, but i dont know, it may work...
Fenira

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag