Remove Advertisements

fear and silence removed from MT?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elsie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:25 pm

Caelia wrote:
Elsie wrote:losing HotR isn't as big as losing revenge, devastate, etc. Particularly when under 35% mob hp.

SoV still ticks, we can still judge, with it being per hit instead a chance to hit it will always be up, holy shield, consecrate, HoW, exorcism, AS. Disarm barely affects us.

Yep, that's what I was saying in less words =) You missed holy wrath.
Elsie

Postby Songblade » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:28 pm

I dunno, the druid tank in our guild is really good at getting aggro (of course from what I have seen he seems to be lacking in other stats, he dies a lot more than would be expected). I can keep up with him sometimes, but others, he just wipes the floor with me. It basically comes down to me popping my wings and throwing a shield before he can get into melee range of it, but I can beat him.

The warrior tank, however, doesn't really suck, but he leaves much to be desired. He has no offsets at all (threat set, avoidance set, block set, things of that nature) and so walks into every battle with the same gear on. He has sub-par HP, deals less threat than both me and the druid tank, and has less avoidance. He would probably be lower than me on mitigation if he didn't have both Demo Shout and TClap over me.

Also, it think the reason they're removing disarm mechanics from bosses and such, is because it decreases your parry chance to 0 (Parrying is basically blocking with a weapon, can't block with a weapon you don't have), which would result in a huge drop in mitigation for all but the bear druids, which are already considered to be the highest up there in mitigation at the moment IIRC.

EDIT: To keep from double posting.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Actually, how many bosses that disarm there were in TBC? 0
Who were the supposed Main Tanks in TBC? Warriors

Since WotLK is built around all classes being good main tanks...

That said, ignore warriors a second: Death Knights. A boss which disarms kills a death knight, since he loses both his main form of mitigation, and he cannot use any of his threat moves :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dehn » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Songblade wrote:And to make things worse, since they're neither undead nor demon, Exorcism is useless against them..

they are definitely demon.
Dehn

Postby Songblade » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Dehn wrote:
Songblade wrote:And to make things worse, since they're neither undead nor demon, Exorcism is useless against them..

they are definitely demon.

http://thottbot.com/c22997

... I stand corrected.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Ooops, hehe looks like you all got caught when I mentioned disarm, but yes it does ofc affect us but I'd rather be disarmed than silenced anyday.

Quick note guys, I was hoping to justify taking Pursuit of Justice by saying 'It gives disarm affects a -50% duration now aswell', but they are going to remove that when tanking. Otherwise it would have been quite desirable.

Any thoughts on the -50% duration?
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Worldie wrote:Actually, how many bosses that disarm there were in TBC? 0

That said, ignore warriors a second: Death Knights. A boss which disarms kills a death knight, since he loses both his main form of mitigation, and he cannot use any of his threat moves :)

Just trash and the Brewfest boss I believe, however tanks do (at least for another few days) hit like girls so a disarm really sucks for any soloability whilst in Prot spec.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Conaan! » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Worldie wrote:Mother still silences, Archimonde still fears the whole raid.

They said they'll probably not use those abilities on the tank anymore, but they aren't changing old content for that.

archi's gonna be a bit more enjoyable, considering we humans have the pvp trinket racial!
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Knatniam » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Songblade wrote:Which is retarded, considering given the right circumstances, we can actually avoid it easier and more efficiently than a warrior.

It doesn't help that a paladin is the WORST tank to have tanking any elemental, due to our inability to block their attacks. This also negates Holy Shield, dropping our aggro by quite a bit. And to make things worse, since they're neither undead nor demon, Exorcism is useless against them.

Also, to expound on the situation in my guild, the warrior and the druid both had FR gear out the ass, and I have nearly none. So not only do they want the best tank for Illidan to instead tank a mob of one of the worst types possible for us, but they also want me to go out and stack up my FR when there are two perfectly capable full decked FR tanks in the guild. And both of them can tank Flames of Azzinoth better than I can.

/wrists at ignorance...

Yeah I tank Illidan every single week (well, every week that we go to BT anyway) just fine! Yeah, people need to really end the ignorance, especially with Wrath coming out and Paladins set to be fully viable MTs.
Knatniam - Dark - Proudmoore
Knatniam

Postby Marklevin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:18 pm

does disarm remove your chance of getting a Parry? if so then I can see losing that as a rather large problem
Marklevin

Postby Elsie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Worldie wrote:Actually, how many bosses that disarm there were in TBC? 0

Wouldn't be all bad. Chances are they would have a CD already in use. They can keep a spare weapon with a weapon chain on.
Elsie

Postby Neganur » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:09 pm

Marklevin wrote:does disarm remove your chance of getting a Parry? if so then I can see losing that as a rather large problem

yeah you need a weapon to Parry.
Neganur

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:28 pm

Neganur wrote:
Marklevin wrote:does disarm remove your chance of getting a Parry? if so then I can see losing that as a rather large problem

yeah you need a weapon to Parry.

Yeah thats why I mentioned it would affect DKs and Warriors more, as they have a higher Parry%. Also from current experience if I get disarmed rebout normaly fills the gap quite quickly, if it wasn't already up.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Previous

Return to WotLK