Remove Advertisements

An idea for Kings, I think its quite good.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby steadypal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:49 am

Lore wrote:They just need to give another class Kings, imo. Bake it into MotW.

give warlocks a useful raid buff :P

seriously pallies have 3 specs, and 4 blessings how easy would our life be if it was just so simple as to holy does wis, ret does might, we do sanct.....

why they making it all confusing about who is going to do what,
steadypal

Postby Aarek » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:51 am

Worldie wrote:Anyone who talks about Baseline kings forgets that the problem is not kings itself, is that you got 4 blesses and 3 specs.

And we have 6 blessings and 3 specs right now and surviving fine. We are stilling coming out on top with the loss of BoL and the changes of certain other blessings to hands.

I do agree that it would be nice to have 3 blessings and 3 specs but I won't be upset if they leave it at 4 blessings.

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
Aarek

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 am

Give kings to DKs and call it 'Power of Knights' or to Rogues etc.

Yeah I agree with the baseline issue, it's a tough one and that is most likely why its gone from managable to almost how it needs to be.

Close but no cigar.
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby crabcrouton » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:02 am

kurtizzle wrote:I see your point, no I'm sugesting a change for the immediate future. I just chose to reflect on how things are now, in an attempt to justify the change. We will still have the problem of more blessings than paladins.

But once again you admit that you fall into the issue that almost every proposal on this board falls into, including the ones who want BoK baseline.

4 Blessings, 3 Specs. My idea would turn it into 3 Blessings, 3 Specs. Everyone gets what they want.
Think in a 5 man, if you dont have Kings people wont mind because of the option of extra AP or Mp5 thanks to your baseline blessings, but in a ten man they might not want your sanc and expect kings.

Precisely why my idea would be the best solution.
In a 5 man, people won't need to mind not having Kings simply because whatever they get, Kings will be baked it. Priest wants Wisdom? She gets Wis and Kings! Name me one spec that just wants Wis/Might/Sanct without wanting Kings.

In a 10 man situation, if you bring 1 Paladin everyone gets the 2 buffs they want MOST. Wis + Kings. Might + Kings. Sanct + Kings. If you're lucky enough to bring 2 Paladins, everyone gets 3 kickass buffs. The only spec that can benefit from 4 blessings is Prot Pallies and Wisdom is seriously weak for us if we already have Sanct.

The issue is if you have 1 Pally under my system, everybody gets what they want. 2 Pallies, you're gravy. 3 Blessings for 3 Specs and you're set. It even only costs 3 talent points so you can't say it's too expensive.
crabcrouton

Postby steadypal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:16 am

i mainly just want bok for stam

remove wisdom put kings in holy?
steadypal

Postby MrDuck » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Personally i'd just give BoK to rogues or such useless dudes...would save us a lot of pain :-)
MrDuck

Postby Songblade » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Rhî wrote:The best and only suggestion should be: make that goddamn blessing baseline...

Here is what you are forgetting though...

As of right now in live, Blessing of Kings gives 10% to ALL stats for 1 talent point. That is, may I say, extremely high powered (overpowered? dunno). Most talents only give you 1-2% per point for 1-2 stats and only those stats. Now that kings is going 5 pointer, it's still kinda crazy, a talent that gives 2% per point to all stats, granted it has to be casted. If they made Kings baseline, I daresay it would be overpowered, because you would have a class that can have 10% increase to stats at anytime for no talent points at all...

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

crabcrouton ??

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:50 pm

I appologise for questioning a fellow poster, but crabcrouton you say that your idea would be better, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure you havn't actualy stated your idea.

You said why it was good, but not what it was. Was this reference to another thread/post? Can you please state your idea?

I'm sure we are thinking of the same thing, you talked about merging Kings with the other blessing, that is what I stated in my original post.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Songblade wrote:
Rhî wrote:The best and only suggestion should be: make that goddamn blessing baseline...

Here is what you are forgetting though...

As of right now in live, Blessing of Kings gives 10% to ALL stats for 1 talent point. That is, may I say, extremely high powered (overpowered? dunno). Most talents only give you 1-2% per point for 1-2 stats and only those stats. Now that kings is going 5 pointer, it's still kinda crazy, a talent that gives 2% per point to all stats, granted it has to be casted. If they made Kings baseline, I daresay it would be overpowered, because you would have a class that can have 10% increase to stats at anytime for no talent points at all...

I think we all agree that 10% for one talent point is excellent, we just don't want to spend 5 talents, in a senario where someone else could already have Kings.

I'm trying to avoid the every Paladin should take it anyway pitch, beacuse everyone loses something when they use/waste 5 points. (Kings is never a waste until someone else gives it to you)

The issue is; what ideas can we think of that would allow every Paladin to take it, without it being such a talent point sink for those times when you are not required to take it.

Imagen you're in a Guild that likes to min/max alot, if Kings is accesible to all Paladins, try justify why you want your Retadins to take it even if Holy and Prot is, there is little room for this. Hence there lies the problem.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:22 pm

MotW is also a unique buff. Giving all Resistances and Armor.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:27 pm

MotW is also the only buff that noone cares of and you can live without :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Macha » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:10 pm

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:

Just cut the resistances, add armor to kings, and 10% stats to MOTW

Problem solved, and we're rid of the 4th wheel.
Macha

Postby steadypal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Macha wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:

Just cut the resistances, add armor to kings, and 10% stats to MOTW

Problem solved, and we're rid of the 4th wheel.

just buff every toon in wow with 10% stats, and remove it
steadypal

Postby Conaan! » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:27 pm

Worldie wrote:MotW is also the only buff that noone cares of and you can live without :)

no one cares? its an amazing buff i CANT live without, its a nice buff to avoidance/armor/hp and overall resistances for mobs that do multiple schools of magic (Shade of aran and his trash for example, yeah low example but when that stuff used to be rough on healers it helped).

personally BoK is just fine where it is, its something that people might have to dump something for, so its a balancing game, do you want holy, ret, or prot taking that talent.
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Solitatis » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:56 pm

We dont have 4 blessings. we have 3. BoM is useless in 25 man raid content or in 10 as soon as you bring a warrior that speced for it.

BoW, Kings and BoS. That is it.
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK