Not bothered
3%
No, it needs more restrictions
10%
No, terrible idea altogether
3%

Total votes : 39

Postby Amarant_Pally » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:27 am

steadypal wrote:so prot pally buffs sanc on MT, uses this feature to go holy or ret, does MT lose sanctuary?

I'm pretty sure that if I have BoKings buffed on me (from myself), and I go to re-spec (I go Ret for PvP), I lose the Kings buff when my talents get wiped.

I'm not going to spec/respec just to prove it, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens. :)
Amarant_Pally

Postby Aarek » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:36 am

Amarant_Pally wrote:
steadypal wrote:so prot pally buffs sanc on MT, uses this feature to go holy or ret, does MT lose sanctuary?

I'm pretty sure that if I have BoKings buffed on me (from myself), and I go to re-spec (I go Ret for PvP), I lose the Kings buff when my talents get wiped.

I'm not going to spec/respec just to prove it, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens. :)

I'm pretty sure someone confirmed in one of the other threads that after buffing Sanctuary and then respeccing talents the buff was lost.

I believe that was made so a few patches ago when they had Warlocks using their 51 talent to summon a felguard and then go switch to a different talent spec and still have their felguard out.

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
Aarek

Postby steadypal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:37 am

yup it should cancel it out,,

buffed bosanc, and then unlearned talents and it turned off
steadypal

Postby Grimmal » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Nice couple of replies by GC on dual speccing concerns.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/10972113408-the-restrictions-dualspec-needs-to-succeed.html

Very informative compared to the more vague answers we've seen so far. And it sums up the arguments that people have already been making as to why it shouldn't go in place without a cooldown or other restrictions.
Grimmal

Postby Ubung » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:02 am

Thanks a lot for the post Grimmal, really a very interesting blue comment. Blizz is obviously keen to make this feature really open. From that its now highly likely that there will be no cooldown at all to restrict use.

Now we Tankadins have a major desicion to make, do we:

1) Have a PvE and a PvP spec (Prot, Ret)(Prot, Holy)

2) Have 2 PvE specs (Prot, Ret)(Prot, Holy)

Hmm back to the talent calculator methinks. :P
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby Khayne » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:06 am

I´ll go with pve prot and pvp ret.

If i really need to not be prot in some fight i can still switch to the ret build and do pretty good dmg, i mean not like i would be skipping many damage talents even if i do use few points into more pvp orientated talents.
Khayne

Postby Jedah » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:17 am

I voted that it's not a good idea, it needs to have more restrictions.

Being able to re-spec every time you're out of combat will lead to a significant decrease in the number of slots available for single role DPS classes.

I for one will be rerolling (current main is a rogue) because of this - probably level a paladin or maybe play my 70 warrior.
Jedah

Postby sherck » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:24 am

I really like the flexibility that this will deliver.

I am main spec Holy and will stay that way. But after playing around with my brand-new 3.0 Holy Pally last night, I can safey say that anyone's old, wheelchair bound grandmother could kick my Pally's a$$ in a fight.

My Judgements now hit for 1/2 of what they were in WoW 2.x (around 400 damage versus 850-900 damage) and my Seal of Right is only hitting for around 1/2 of what is was in WoW 2.x (100 damage per swing witht he Continuum Blade vs 200 damage per swing in WoW 2.x.

To "make up for it," my Retribution Aura is now hitting for around 110 damage per strike instead of the old 26 (?) and my Holy Shock is now hitting for around 1.25 times what it had been before (1200 instead of 900).

So, the long answer is that although my Spell Power jumped around 10% over my + Spell Damage, and I now have a 10% combat haste (I thought they were changing it to 15%?), my overall DPS is down about 10-12% assuming that I Judge every 10 seconds AND Holy Shock every 6 seconds.

My kill rate was slow before, it is downright terrible now. And boring!! Seal up, Judge from 30 yards away, auto attack, press Holy Shock every 6 seconds, press Judgment every 30 seconds, wait for mob to get down to 35% health, Hammer of Wrath. Yawn, repeat.

I will so have to be able to Spec Ret just to kill quest mobs in the XPAC. Holy combat is downright broken.

And, I suspect, that was Blizzard's intent with all the changes. They have no intention of having a healing spec ever have to kill anything again and the only reason they left any combat capability in there was to satisify the Arena / BG crowd.

As far as all of you Tankadins, just don't collect a viable set of Healing Plate / Mail and you are good to go if you don't want to heal. There are probably going to be few enough drops of it in raids since only 1 spec can use it that it will always be in demand by the guys who want to be Holy that you can just plan on going Ret as your off-spec.

Sigh.....this expansion sucks so far for a guy who wants to be a Holy Paladin.....going to start working on my Holy Priest.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Ubung » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:37 am

Being able to re-spec every time you're out of combat will lead to a significant decrease in the number of slots available for single role DPS classes.

Dont forget you now have a few buffs you can bring to the raid alongside a slightly higher base DPS than any hybrid. Also Im not sure this will affect "pure" dps as much as people think. Raid encounters wont change due to dual specs. Bearing this in mind you generally need more DPS not more healers. This means the DPS's ability to switch roles is much less important than the tank or healers ability to switch roles.

From my experience the DPS makeup of a raid stays pretty similar whereas the amount of tanks and healers can change a lot. Also easy respecs are already available for any raid with a lock in it so Blizz isnt adding anything that isnt already in the game.
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby ulushnar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:48 am

Ubung wrote:From my experience the DPS makeup of a raid stays pretty similar whereas the amount of tanks and healers can change a lot. Also easy respecs are already available for any raid with a lock in it so Blizz isnt adding anything that isnt already in the game.

This. All they're doing is removing the annoyance from an existing practise and working it into the core mechanics of the game. I think it's an excellent move.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to WotLK