Remove Advertisements

RD quick fix for xpac.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

RD quick fix for xpac.

Postby Joacimcans » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:16 am

So i am supprised that i havent seen anyone mention this as an option for fixing RD. Unless i am completely wrong RD could act as a slightly different spell depending on the target similar to how holy shock heals friendly player and harms enemies. I do not see why they couldnt just make RD target the mob itself if that is who you are targeting when you press it. maybe even give it a 20yd range for this effect to bring it in line with the other tanks taunts. But to keep the taunt 3 mobs effect they could make it behave as it does currently if you target a party/raid memeber. This would make RD a much better ability than it is currently.

For example i was tanking Nax 10 man and we were doing Gothik the Harvester and it was being a pain in the ass because i could not taunt Gothik because for some reason his aggro doesnt reset and he kept running through the gate and attacking the DK tank and i could not taunt because there is a gate in the middle that blocks LoS. Now if they would change RD to behave like i suggested it would have allowed me to tank him on my side and give the other side a little bit of recovery time.
Joacimcans

Postby crabcrouton » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:30 am

So the only way to taunt 3 things off of someone is to target that person manually?

Seems kinda counterintuitive to me.
crabcrouton

Postby Sonic » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:37 am

There is a macro so you don't have to target the player. Also they won't change our taunt as much as you want them too. It has it's uses and downfalls. Simply learn to adjust for it.
Sonic

Postby Jikozani » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:08 pm

You don't even need a macro anymore, however the spell is essentially cast on the player and that's what the OP is saying. Ie you have to have los on that player and so on.
Jikozani

Postby Sechs » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:40 pm

It's pretty annoying to be right next to the mobb and then it targets the healer 60 yards away, I just keep spaming taunt and only get out of range messages... tho the other way around is very nice when the mobb is 60 yards away and the healer is in range. Still which the taunt could work on mobbs to, Without anyone around.

For example i was tanking Nax 10 man and we were doing Gothik the Harvester and it was being a pain in the ass because i could not taunt Gothik because for some reason his aggro doesnt reset and he kept running through the gate and attacking the DK tank and i could not taunt because there is a gate in the middle that blocks LoS. Now if they would change RD to behave like i suggested it would have allowed me to tank him on my side and give the other side a little bit of recovery time.

So pallys can't tank him alone? We need druid/warrior/dk on our side to taunt for us before we can start tanking him?
Sechs

Postby Joacimcans » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:43 pm

Sechs wrote:So pallys can't tank him alone? We need druid/warrior/dk on our side to taunt for us before we can start tanking him?

Um yeah you can complete the boss as we still 1 shot it but until the gate in the middle opened i had only tanked him for the one phase he was on my side. I was on the live side not that it would have really mattered.
Joacimcans

Postby Vorps » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:14 pm

I actually just posted the exact same suggestion in the 11pt talent thread. I highly approve this idea. We absolutely need a way to taunt a mob in an offensive manner like the other three tanking classes can. If this does not get changed in some way, we're always going to run into problems (especially if you happen to be using more than one Protection Paladin).

Gothik is a perfect example, if the other tank is too far away (or even worse, out of line of sight), there is no way you can taunt the mob off them.

Obviously the other problems are not having precision taunt for fights like Four Horsemen, and just in general when you want to pull one mob off someone and not three.
Vorps

Postby crabcrouton » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Sonic wrote:There is a macro so you don't have to target the player. Also they won't change our taunt as much as you want them too. It has it's uses and downfalls. Simply learn to adjust for it.

/whoosh

I was talking about if his proposed idea for RD not the way RD works currently. If you target a mob, then his idea would only taunt that mob singly, thus forcing a tankadin to target the player manually to taunt 3 at a time.
crabcrouton

Postby kylone » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:18 pm

crabcrouton wrote:I was talking about if his proposed idea for RD not the way RD works currently. If you target a mob, then his idea would only taunt that mob singly, thus forcing a tankadin to target the player manually to taunt 3 at a time.

Well, you could have 2 buttons: 1 being the normal RD (casting on the enemy), and the other being the target=targettarget macro (casting on the player).
Lv 70 Human Paladin Mythi, Emerald Dream
LV 75 Blood Elf Paladin Miere, Lightning Hoof
(deployed, but squeezing out time on 'public' wifi)
kylone

Postby Sonic » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:34 pm

crabcrouton wrote:
Sonic wrote:There is a macro so you don't have to target the player. Also they won't change our taunt as much as you want them too. It has it's uses and downfalls. Simply learn to adjust for it.

/whoosh

I was talking about if his proposed idea for RD not the way RD works currently. If you target a mob, then his idea would only taunt that mob singly, thus forcing a tankadin to target the player manually to taunt 3 at a time.

You want a skill to have a dual function because you can't adapt to using it?
Sonic

Postby crabcrouton » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:12 am

Sonic, I think you seriously need to read the OP's post in its entirety. Both of your posts show a blatant lack of understanding the OP's point and my counterpoints.

He wants RD to taunt a mob if you target it, and to taunt player if you target that player. Therefore, the functionality of taunting a target to grab 3 targets by targeting an enemy would be gone. It'd be possible to make (via macros) this new version of RD into two different abilities.. but then why not just make them 2 different abilities from the start? How is that any different than a separate taunt only here, it requires a cumbersome macro. The OP wants one ability to do 2 things, not 1 ability to be made into 2 different abilities anyways.

Well, you could have 2 buttons: 1 being the normal RD (casting on the enemy), and the other being the target=targettarget macro (casting on the player).

Or it would be infinitely better to have a separate/different ability that is a 1 target taunt rather than making one ability (RD) have 2 uses with macros. Macros are not an intended foundation of an ability's design. The fact that they changed RD to be usable without macros is proof positive of this.
crabcrouton

Return to WotLK