Remove Advertisements

Tidewalkers Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Stormfist » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:53 am

I tank all...

Have 1 paladin with me most of the time, we both have righteous fury active. I order our healers (except the Graves one) to just do a few hots & PoMending on the MT while the healadin keeps healing the MT.

Everyone is EXACTLY on me and I take aggro with just consecration (highest rank), keeping up holy shield & R4 Consecration and having Retri aura & BoSanctuary active. I'm given 8 sec and then we AoE them down.

We have but 1 shaman, so no extensive raid healing during the killing of the murlocs. I use 400 spelldmg, 16k armor, 45% avoidance and (without HS) 26% block and 19.000 buffed HP, by gear is of the Karazhan level with T4 legs & crafted Boots & Belt.

This works like a charm!
Stormfist
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:55 am
Location: Enter, the Netherlands

Postby Palafix » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:35 pm

Is it even worth trying to tank the murlocs as a paladin? On the first and second attempt on tidewalker I tried to get aggro on all the murlocks without healing, but firstly problems arised when a few healers pulled aggro. When I tried to pick up both groups of murlocks, the aoe pulled as soon as I started consecrating with both groups on me but the AoE dpsed em so quickly that they died before they reached the rest of the raid. On the first 2 attempts I was also graved a few times, but the warrior/druid were able to pick up the murlocks off the healers just fine. The only reason we died the first (and I think second time as well) was that our MT died from a bad crushing blow since Tidewalker hits so quickly. From my perspective, it would seem more reliable to tank Tidewalker and eliminate the possibility of crushings and since the aoe/other tanks did so fine with the murlocs without me.
User avatar
Palafix
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:06 pm

Postby Eloff » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:05 am

If you stand far enough away, you don't get graved.

If you heal a warlock with fel armor (increases healing) who is lifetapping... you get all the aggro.

If your dps waits for your 2nd consecrate, you won't lose aggro.

If you have TWO prot paladins, this fight is trivial. (The warriors in my guild laughed at this line when I made the same comment on my guild forums. Noobs!)



I would honestly value the murloc control over the crushing blows that the warrior is going to take. Have someone else give him devo aura, have him use armor pots (not health pots), have him use his shield on cooldown.

Wow web stats log the fight and review the last 10 seconds of any Main Tank death. You'd be surprised at how often it is because they didn't have shield block up when they potentially could have...
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct


Image
Eloff
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Postby Lieris » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:53 am

Palafix wrote:Is it even worth trying to tank the murlocs as a paladin? On the first and second attempt on tidewalker I tried to get aggro on all the murlocks without healing, but firstly problems arised when a few healers pulled aggro. When I tried to pick up both groups of murlocks, the aoe pulled as soon as I started consecrating with both groups on me but the AoE dpsed em so quickly that they died before they reached the rest of the raid. On the first 2 attempts I was also graved a few times, but the warrior/druid were able to pick up the murlocks off the healers just fine. The only reason we died the first (and I think second time as well) was that our MT died from a bad crushing blow since Tidewalker hits so quickly. From my perspective, it would seem more reliable to tank Tidewalker and eliminate the possibility of crushings and since the aoe/other tanks did so fine with the murlocs without me.


I think you need to read this topic because you don't seem to have :) Many of us tank both waves of murlocs at once every reset. We really make this fight a joke.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Postby Warrender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:36 am

Palafix wrote:From my perspective, it would seem more reliable to tank Tidewalker and eliminate the possibility of crushings and since the aoe/other tanks did so fine with the murlocs without me.


I tank the Murlocs solo all by myself. That's what makes Paladins so overpowered in this encounter.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby Lieris » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:02 am

We use a feral druid on Morogrim whilst I solo tank the murlocs. The tanking ring dropped last night too which was nice :) No warriors around to out DKP me :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Postby YoYoMa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:53 am

We didn't get our shot last week but we are this weekend. Can anybody confirm how much the murlocs hit for? I was just trying to guage healing needed on me for that part, or is it something I can live through w/o a healer and then go back in range after they are down.

Also, what type of group makeup do you use for the murloc group? I was thinking me, 2 locks and a mage
YoYoMa
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:51 am

Postby Warrender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:59 am

Lieris wrote:We use a feral druid on Morogrim whilst I solo tank the murlocs. The tanking ring dropped last night too which was nice :) No warriors around to out DKP me :P


I had a couple of Warriors outbid me for the ring but I knew I'd get another shot one day since I'm the designated Murloc tank and I've been present for every kill so far. Finally snagged it last week. :)

Yo, you definitely want a healer healing you for this. A well-geared Holy Paladin is usually enough to keep me up and that's what we use.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby YoYoMa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:01 am

Cool thanks War- I was hoping we could save the healer for the raid as i think we might be going in with only 6 healers tonight (which is what we normally run but I fear it might be tight for this one).
YoYoMa
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:51 am

Postby Palafix » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

I did read it, I'm just not 100% comfortable with the healing strat, because I've tried it and I've failed. I just can't hold aggro over some of our healers.
User avatar
Palafix
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:06 pm

Postby Arianne » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:42 pm

A prot pally in spell damage gear will not likely be able to hold aggro over your MT healers unless you A) give them 3 lifetapped down warlocks to heal and B) you have 500ish plus spell damage. We use a real healer that then fades/bubbles/runs out through frost traps and frost nova.
Arianne
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Postby Warrender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:48 pm

Arianne wrote:A prot pally in spell damage gear will not likely be able to hold aggro over your MT healers unless you A) give them 3 lifetapped down warlocks to heal and B) you have 500ish plus spell damage. We use a real healer that then fades/bubbles/runs out through frost traps and frost nova.


Wrong.

I do it using one lifetapped Warlock in tanking gear with around 400 SD buffed. 2 Holy Lights and they're on me like glue. Just tell your healers to take it easy during this phase and make sure the tank is topped off before Earthquake.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby Arianne » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:27 pm

Whenever we've tried to do it that way 'healers take it easy', then the MT dies. So we've found it better to make sure that the murloc aggroer is someone who can get lots of heal aggro fast.
Arianne
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Postby corc » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Arianne wrote:Whenever we've tried to do it that way 'healers take it easy', then the MT dies. So we've found it better to make sure that the murloc aggroer is someone who can get lots of heal aggro fast.


by take it easy do they just stop?

what should happen is that spamming should stop and people should time their heals to land right after someone else's heal.

tank is hit
healer1 heal lands
tank is hit again
healer2 heal lands
tank is hit again (wow, can't he dodge or parry or something?)
healer3 heal lands... etc.

by the time the 2nd heal lands you should have gotten 2-3 heals off and aggro is on you and everything is hunkydory.
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Postby Arianne » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:44 pm

Well the theory is that everyone is supposed to spam a small heal so that the heal aggro gets spread out. Realistically what happens is that half the healers are afraid to get aggro so they don't do anything, some people get lost and heal someone random, and the 2-3 MT healers continue to land a heal that's downranked 1-2 ranks. Anyone have any mod or way to monitor healers and targets? :P
Arianne
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest