Remove Advertisements

An idea for Kings, I think its quite good.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

An idea for Kings, I think its quite good.

Postby kurtizzle » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:08 am

Ok change Kings to a three point talent like MotW, however;

1 Talent point:

Blessing of kings - Add 2% stat increase to all paladin blessings.

2/3 Talent point:

Imp Bless Kings - Add 0.75%/1.5% stat increase to all Paladin blessings, only one blessing per Paladin per character.

(How it is now except the stat increase would stack max three times).

With three blessings on any character this should net a 10.5% stat increase, I'm sure the math could be worked better but it is a start.

Most builds could take this and it would solve any issues with level 19s having crazy stats.

Also I know it is only three points but they could swap the anti dispell blessing improvement and add that onto tier 1 aswell, next to Kings.

PS: Sorry if someone has already posted this :p
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Kings

Postby kurtizzle » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:16 am

So guys overpowered or a possible idea worthy of mention on beta forums etc?

The idea is that with one Paladin it just polishes up your already existing blessing but your back to 4 blessings with just three paladins in raids. Each tree brings their own blessing, how I at least think it should be.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby crabcrouton » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:18 am

What about a 10 man situation where you only have 1 Paladin? Would a raid almost always wanna take 3 out of their 10 slots as Pallies then?
crabcrouton

Postby Jasari » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:39 am

I don't like the idea. It sounds awkward. I'm fine with kings the way it is now. I think the bigger issue is sanctuary and the possibility of make it not a blessing and just a self buff or something. In any case, if nothing changed from its current for I'd be fine with that.
Jasari

Postby Rhî » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 am

The best and only suggestion should be: make that goddamn blessing baseline...
Rhî

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am

Rhî wrote:The best and only suggestion should be: make that goddamn blessing baseline...

I'd disagree witht that. I have more of an issue with having 4 blessings than the fact that it is talented. I don't really care for the current design, but it's workable.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:45 am

crabcrouton wrote:What about a 10 man situation where you only have 1 Paladin? Would a raid almost always wanna take 3 out of their 10 slots as Pallies then?

Well at the moment in a ten man you might have 2 paladins, and you have to Salva everyone and work out weither they want Kings BoM or Bow aswell. Ofc tanks is a little different.

With my proposed idea yeas you obviously cant get everyone catered for with 2 Paladins or even one but you would have the benefit of the 3.5 ish % extra stats. On which ever blessing was the most relevent.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Re: Reply

Postby Davalin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:58 am

kurtizzle wrote:
crabcrouton wrote:What about a 10 man situation where you only have 1 Paladin? Would a raid almost always wanna take 3 out of their 10 slots as Pallies then?

Well at the moment in a ten man you might have 2 paladins,
and you have to Salva everyone and work out weither they want Kings BoM or Bow aswell. Ofc tanks is a little different.

With my proposed idea yeas you obviously cant get everyone catered for with 2 Paladins or even one but you would have the benefit of the 3.5 ish % extra stats. On which ever blessing was the most relevent.

Salvation changed to a hand was one of the first paladin changes.
Powerbocking FTW!
Davalin

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:14 am

Davalin I'm refering to live, pre patch.

Maybe I should try another angle on this problem.

How many classes actually have to choose what buffs they put on people.

Warriors have shouts and then there is amp and dampen magic from mages, but they dont really count because your not using regents and buffing entire classes for long amounts of time.

We are the only class that gets pushed into using an addon for blessing management.

Therefore with my original idea each tree would bring there one improved blessing (or talented in cas eof Sanc). Hopefully making it alot more obvious about who should buff who.
Last edited by kurtizzle on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Davalin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:15 am

kurtizzle wrote:Davalin I'm refering to live, pre patch.

then you are suggesting they make a temporary talent change for just the "live period" of about a month? why?
Powerbocking FTW!
Davalin

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:21 am

I see your point, no I'm sugesting a change for the immediate future. I just chose to reflect on how things are now, in an attempt to justify the change. We will still have the problem of more blessings than paladins.

Think in a 5 man, if you dont have Kings people wont mind because of the option of extra AP or Mp5 thanks to your baseline blessings, but in a ten man they might not want your sanc and expect kings.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Norrath » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:26 am

Quite honestly: They should just remove BoK and balance the game without it. >_>
Norrath

Postby steadypal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:36 am

Norrath wrote:Quite honestly: They should just remove BoK and balance the game without it. >_>

QFT

either do that, or bake the new very NICE bosanc into other talents

IE add 3% dr to RF, and maybe add in the regen mana part into redoubt, would ppl complain about redoubts proc being useless if it regenned mana was into the talent ?

i'd vote for a diff class having kings personally, remove my headache of having to choose
steadypal

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:40 am

Anyone who talks about Baseline kings forgets that the problem is not kings itself, is that you got 4 blesses and 3 specs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:47 am

They just need to give another class Kings, imo. Bake it into MotW.
Lore
Global Mod

Next

Return to WotLK