Remove Advertisements

BV Numbers not adding up

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ulushnar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:46 am

Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:48 am

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=14976&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 This is an excellent thread on DR that fell to the second page too quickly. I am considering bumbig it for justice.

Edit: curse you ulushnar
Last edited by majiben on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Cowadin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 am

Worldie wrote:Druids DR is lower than war-pala-dk one.

Making it simple, DR doesn't really do much until you are over 25% of a stat.

I passed from 34% dodge to about 31% on the PTR, and Moroes pocket watch at that level gives barely 9% dodge <.<

oh wow, that's definitely interesting. I wonder if it's a way to force us to get some parry rating in there too. instead of being 35% dodge and 15% parry (or watever) it'd be more worth it to get 25/25 -- since then your pocketwatch will work "better", right?

EDIT** ty for links to DR post, greatly appreciated =)

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:53 am

Cowadin wrote:oh wow, that's definitely interesting. I wonder if it's a way to force us to get some parry rating in there too. instead of being 35% dodge and 15% parry (or watever) it'd be more worth it to get 25/25 -- since then your pocketwatch will work "better", right?

EDIT** ty for links to DR post, greatly appreciated =)

defense rating is a good way to lessen the blow that DR has. Since you will have low amounts of parry rating and miss rating (I know it's not real but work with it) only a third of the potential avoidance from defense is hit with subsantial DR compared to 100% of dodge rating. Plus it gives block :-D
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby ulushnar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:59 am

Looking at the level 80ish tanking itemization, there's a much more even spread between dodge and parry which should soften the blow.

I think the real fun point for theorycrafters is going to be working out the sweet spots where stacking Parry gems/enchants is actually better than Dodge ones.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Selinaria » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:01 am

Ulushnar wrote:I think the real fun point for theorycrafters is going to be working out the sweet spots where stacking Parry gems/enchants is actually better than Dodge ones.

/agree Ulush, something I have been interested in myself.

And given the nature of blocking to be somewhat more valuable, I am sure there will be a given time that defense will also be the stat of choice. Certainly initially when you get the full value outta it, but also possibly once you hit a certain dodge and parry level.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Previous

Return to WotLK