Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:56 am

Is there a faster way to level blacksmithing than grinding 900000 of each ore?
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Origon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:57 am

Does grinding several thousand gold and buying the ore count?
Origon

Postby Petrus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:08 am

I'm starting to seriously consider dropping Engineering for BS as well. The crafted epic helm is easily beaten by the T7 helms (yes, both of them) and the number of other perks just don't seem to be there at the moment.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Merodyn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:47 am

Im going BS, tho i dont know my second proffessions(im not interested in a gathering proffession)
ImageImage
Merodyn

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:21 am

Enchanting, saves you mats, and means there is always a de'er in the party. Fed up running heroics and getting no shards :P (though they go for like 7g on silvermoon atm :().
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Davalin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:41 am

plus enchanting all ur quest recieved gear that u dont need on the way to 80 will earn u quite a bit of money as well as help give u mats to level enchanting as you go.
Powerbocking FTW!
Davalin

Postby gmf1 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Anyone know if http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=30033 will be updated to new stats? They fixed the belt why leave the boots?
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby Rasmfrackn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 pm

gmf1 wrote:Anyone know if http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=30033 will be updated to new stats? They fixed the belt why leave the boots?

Because the itemization guy caught the thread at the first post, said "I'll get it", and then fixed the one thing without ever returning to the thread to see what everyone else pointed out... :(
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Snoozler » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:54 am

I have Enchanting/Mining atm and have gathered enough ore to level Blacksmithing (to replace mining, will have mining on an alt)
Wondering if i should keep enchanting though or get JCing to go along with BSing :/
are the benefits between enchanting and jcing roughly equal ? or is JCing better?
Snoozler

Postby Joacimcans » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:14 am

I haven't read the entire thread but i thought they removed the inscription getting an extra major glyph part. Also from reading comments on alchemy they might have changed the % of increase on elixer's/flasks as long as you know them i was reading number that ranged from 30-50%.

By looking at this list tho i am thinking of picking up enchanting for the 48 stam increase assuming you can still have 2 of the same ring enchants. And then picking up BSing because that is 2 more sockets that stack with other enchants. Can anyone tell me if you can add asocket to any item because i am a bit confused by the wording it says you may only add one socket to an item, and i dont know if that means 1 extra socket or if it means if something is socketed i cant add one to it.

I have to go with this because JCing can only make 3 BoP gems that are 41 stam which is only 11 stam per gem or 33 stam overall, where as enchanting i get 48 stam and Bsing i will get 2 sockets for 60 stam total. The main reason i am doing this is for the long term benefit because the engineering/JCing piece of gear will eventually be replaced where as BSing and Enchanting are always going to be available and they grow with the content since they just enhance items.
Joacimcans

Postby crabcrouton » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:56 am

In BC, I took Eng not because of the helm, which I had something better. I took it for the repair bot, flying mount and the Seaforium. No more spamming LF Rogue.

In LK, they're giving BS:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=43853
that solves the seaforium issue (as well as any stray locked doors in instances like the one in SH). 3.0 is just around the corner and without any BoP plate/weapons/shields from BS though, I'm ambivalent about dropping Eng. Enchanting is my other prof and there's just no way I'm dropping that, it's far too useful / profitable.
crabcrouton

Postby Warcraft » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Looking for some updates. I'm in the mood to update this thread again. Possibly confirmations on whether the weapon sockets and 4th glyph slot are gone?
Warcraft

Postby Pizbit » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:07 am

Warcraft wrote:Looking for some updates. I'm in the mood to update this thread again. Possibly confirmations on whether the weapon sockets and 4th glyph slot are gone?

Yeah 4th major glyph inscription was been removed.
BS meta socket to chest hasn't happened so safe to remove that too.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Belarkan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:44 am

mmm, missing a point about BS. I'm considering droping eng. for BS but I still can't make my mind.
Most tanking items are BoE which is nice for non BS tanks.
Also tanking googles have more strength and defense. I though defense was hard to get first so it still make eng. appealing, doesn't it ?
Belarkan

Postby tbolt » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:43 am

I think the big perk of BS is that with the socket adding, it's become an enhancing prof like Enchanting/JC/Inscription. So that whatever your gear level is you can use your prof to make it better. Eng goggles may be better (I don't know, i haven't looked) but they get replaced in the first wotlk raid. Same is true for the BS helm probably but the plus side is that after you replace all your craftables in raids, with BS you can improve them with extra sockets. With Eng however, I haven't seen any enticing eng enchants that I'd want to throw on my gear.
I'll most likely be getting BS unless there is some radical improvement to Eng to make it worth keeping.
tbolt

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK