Diminishing Returns on Avoidance

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ulushnar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 am

Majiben wrote:Start swapping that dodge out for parry and defense.


Cos there's a lot of Parry rating itemization atm...

I don't gem for Dodge, I've got one Dodge enchant (on my cloak). I'm not too bothered tbh, since the situation will balance itself out by 80, but it's going to be a bit of a shock for the avoidance junkies out there.

As it is, I'm wishing I'd kept the shoulders and boots from ZA.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby majiben » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:51 am

The one thing I am unhappy with DR for is that hits on use trinkets really hard. The pockect watch will far less useful. Speaking of trinkets the ZA parry trinket is looking good.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 am

Crap, i vendored it O.o


Ah well, shadowmoon insigna ftw.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Origon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:55 am

It was said that the base 5% for dodge/parry aren't affected by DR. Are trinkets confirmed to be affected? or are on-use effects not affected either?
User avatar
Origon
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Postby ulushnar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:55 am

Worldie wrote:Crap, i vendored it O.o


So did I. I'm probably going for the Scarab anyway to keep my Defense up.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:57 am

har har I never vendor my trinkets without comparisons.

From voodoo death, to cannons and turtles, I have about 17 trinkets ._.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15547
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby ulushnar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:57 am

Origon wrote:It was said that the base 5% for dodge/parry aren't affected by DR. Are trinkets confirmed to be affected? or are on-use effects not affected either?


Trinkets and on-use effects that give a certain amount of rating will see that rating effected by DR.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:57 am

Heh, my "level 80" trinket setup is Insigna + Empyrean Tortoise.
The -300 AP from the scarab suddently felt less useful.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby MrDuck » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:34 am

Hmmh so from the look of things, once i'll start reaching roughly 30% dodge, i'll get more benefit from parry which is at that time,say, 17%? Well, i hope that addons like ratingbuster will have it covered somehow, or warcrafter at least :>
Image
MrDuck
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Obsidian Sanctum

Postby Norrath » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:39 am

The RatingBuster creator is the one who figured out the diminishing returns on avoidance, so I am almost certain he'll figure out a way to incorporate it into the add-on.
Image
Image
User avatar
Norrath
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby MrDuck » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:48 am

Norrath wrote:The RatingBuster creator is the one who figured out the diminishing returns on avoidance, so I am almost certain he'll figure out a way to incorporate it into the add-on.
Oh yep completely forgot about that :P Though i've read it on EJ or wherever was that,thanks ;)
Image
MrDuck
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Obsidian Sanctum

Postby Modal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:07 am

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=12925

It seems like bad form to ask for my own thread to be stickied? A few threads have popped up lately asking about this.
Image
Modal
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:36 am

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Bumbing for justice.

Too many new threads on this opening up for it to be on the second page.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Majiben wrote:The one thing I am unhappy with DR for is that hits on use trinkets really hard. The pockect watch will far less useful. Speaking of trinkets the ZA parry trinket is looking good.



that got hit to
steadypal
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:21 pm

steadypal wrote:
Majiben wrote:The one thing I am unhappy with DR for is that hits on use trinkets really hard. The pockect watch will far less useful. Speaking of trinkets the ZA parry trinket is looking good.



that got hit to
How so? The on use effect is stil the same as far as I know. The only reason why the pocketwatch was so popular as the on use ability gave 15% dodge. Before DR it still gives around 7.5% dodge at level 80. With DR it's not worth using for wotlk.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest