Remove Advertisements

M'uru Guide with a Paladin Side Tank

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Usul » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:01 pm

Yes actually, though it can be remedied. The SP's pull because of Vamperic Embrace most likely. The reason is likely because you're too close to the door. It's weird, but if you're too close the zerker "doesn't see you or your threat" (for lack of a more technical way of putting it) and goes to anything else that's causing threat, which in their eyes is usually VE. As you've noticed, this can happen to only one of the zerkers and not both. That used to happen to me but once I followed Stings video it stopped happening.

http://89.186.169.160/ll/08_08_05_Muru_FK_final.avi

I highly recommend you watch his video and carefully mimic these two things: positioning and timing of laying the first consecrate. You may still get a berserker running off for a second but he'll likely come back to you after a tick of conc hits, rather then running off to the SP. Just be prepared to turn them quickly so they aren't behind you. Most of the time though they will come in, be standing in your conc and run up the 2 steps to get to you and all is well.
Usul <The Fabled> of Hyjal (US)
Usul

Postby Thark » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:26 am

Thanks for the response.

The initial placement of Consecration is the same. However, in the video you link they kill the Fury Mage last. This allows Stings to take a few steps straight back, because as long as the Mage is in the Consecrate it will stay on him and eventually move up, and the Berserkers will run right to him. But it also looks like the Mage just peppers him with fireballs during the fight.

While we drop consecrate the same, I back up and the right. We kill the Mage first. This way the berserkers will run straight at me, or if they run into the room and then come back, they are not behind me. It also allows me to stay on the mage. When I tried to back up straight the mage would always end up stunlocked where she enters and never make it to me, and if I'd run up to him it would position the berserkers behind me. Having this happen twice out of all the waves we've done isn't a big deal yet, but with your input I see what the bug is and how to change it if it happens with any frequency.
Thark

Postby Stings » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:50 am

Thark wrote:Thanks for the response.

The initial placement of Consecration is the same. However, in the video you link they kill the Fury Mage last. This allows Stings to take a few steps straight back, because as long as the Mage is in the Consecrate it will stay on him and eventually move up, and the Berserkers will run right to him. But it also looks like the Mage just peppers him with fireballs during the fight.

While we drop consecrate the same, I back up and the right. We kill the Mage first. This way the berserkers will run straight at me, or if they run into the room and then come back, they are not behind me. It also allows me to stay on the mage. When I tried to back up straight the mage would always end up stunlocked where she enters and never make it to me, and if I'd run up to him it would position the berserkers behind me. Having this happen twice out of all the waves we've done isn't a big deal yet, but with your input I see what the bug is and how to change it if it happens with any frequency.

I have a shaman who earthshock alot of the fireballs. He also puts down grounding totems. When i get fireballs its usually because of a resist with ES. It isnt really a big deal that i take a few.
Stings

Postby Usul » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:39 am

I have a shaman who earthshock alot of the fireballs. He also puts down grounding totems. When i get fireballs its usually because of a resist with ES. It isnt really a big deal that i take a few.

Precisely. We also kill the mage first. I have an enhance shaman on my side as one of the DPS and he shocks the first cast so the mage ends up coming in line with the other two zerkers right away and I don't have to move much if at all.
Usul <The Fabled> of Hyjal (US)
Usul

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau