Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Joanadark » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Felt I could point out that Grounding Totem isn't absolutely required for tanking Void Sentinels and spawns.
Today when we did it I tanked Sentinels and spawns and was solo-healed by one paladin through it with no real dips.

It's all about just watching the timer as the healer.

Wore Mit gear and about 219 buffed SR. (neck, cloak, and belt)
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Morganim » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:32 am

Joanadark wrote:Felt I could point out that Grounding Totem isn't absolutely required for tanking Void Sentinels and spawns.
Today when we did it I tanked Sentinels and spawns and was solo-healed by one paladin through it with no real dips.

Let me get this right

1 healer
tanking both sentinals AND spawns at the same time
with no grounding totem

you are either the luckiest man alive or you have the greatest healer in world of warcraft to date, who is able to spam massive heals and not oom
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:47 am

Morganim wrote:
Joanadark wrote:Felt I could point out that Grounding Totem isn't absolutely required for tanking Void Sentinels and spawns.

Let me get this right

1 healer
with no grounding totem

you are either the luckiest man alive or you have the greatest healer in world of warcraft to date, who is able to spam massive heals and not oom

Must agree with this, 2 healers i can believe it but only one means you just wated a chance to win at the lottery.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Let me get this right

1 healer
with no grounding totem

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... h&n=Nhomak

Nomak is the best Holy Paladin I know. He made it look effortless.

only one means you just wated a chance to win at the lottery.

It took five attempts because of some facerolling during phase 2, during none of which was I ever in danger of dying.

Had about 23.1k hp, because i failed to mention that above.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:45 am

I'm still very impressed he could keep you up alone. If any of his heal didn't crit right after a void blast you probably would have died.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby hopps » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:43 pm

interesting joana, I have not yet killed M'uru but we were forced to go to 3 tank strat when our prot warrior went emo. Due to the faceroll mentality of shamans I was often without a grounding totem and lived decently... I can *sort* of see how a single healer can keep you alive... hes running like 390+ haste rating...if he has an Spriest and some drums in his group its believable.

you said max mitigation gear, do you run agi/armor elixirs? And how much spell dmg ?

Its sort of irritating atm because my gear is tuned to tank a side and i will probably regem for more stam tanking sents/voids.

Also, have you tried neck/cloak only? I think its 165 SR buffed, does the belt make a large difference?

I would like to see a WWS if your able to link one, thanks.
hopps

Postby Joanadark » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:03 pm

Joanadark

Postby inthedrops » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:01 am

Joanadark wrote:http://wowwebstats.com/1u6htf6hx36uw?s=113823-152940

here's the wws.

It looks like you had two dedicated healers.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Rehlachs- » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:07 am

inthedrops wrote:It looks like you had two dedicated healers.

http://wowwebstats.com/1u6htf6hx36uw?s=113823-152940&a=xd9cab8#break

true.
Rehlachs-

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:46 pm

It's heartening to see evidence that we aren't the only ones who fail repeatedly at one or the other Sunwell boss every week ;) It seems that every time we bring in a recruit who hasn't killed M'uru before we make them earn it...
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Elsie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:22 pm

It's heartening to see evidence that we aren't the only ones who fail repeatedly at one or the other Sunwell boss every week It seems that every time we bring in a recruit who hasn't killed M'uru before we make them earn it...

Honestly once you do m'uru a few times it's a yawnfest. Then a DPS screws up by tunnel visioning, wiping the raid (I'm looking at you, warlocks. And hunters who don't move out of darkness). Feels like Akama.
Elsie

Postby Joanadark » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:05 pm

inthedrops wrote:
Joanadark wrote:http://wowwebstats.com/1u6htf6hx36uw?s=113823-152940

here's the wws.

It looks like you had two dedicated healers.

/double-take

That's weird as hell. I definately don't remember seeing many heals land on me at all that didn't say Nhomak.
Guess I was mistaken.

It's heartening to see evidence that we aren't the only ones who fail repeatedly at one or the other Sunwell boss every week It seems that every time we bring in a recruit who hasn't killed M'uru before we make them earn it...

fucking EPIC fail on felmyst.

It was a raid with a grand total of 6 app healers, if that explains anything, and by all accounts was the worst raid they'd had in months.
Joanadark

Postby hopps » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:53 pm

It was a raid with a grand total of 6 app healers, if that explains anything, and by all accounts was the worst raid they'd had in months.

a little OT but...felmyst is one of my most hated fights...because if healers are retarded: #1 I can't dispel a whole group #2 they will die in phase 2 and im running in circles trying to drop 10 consecrates around the box because people are all spread over a half acre spamming chain heals and they die and are like "why didn't I get bopped??" Just a fight where no matter how good you do your job people can die if they aren't smarter than the average.

back on topic

Joana, you don't use ironshields it seems? And how many void spawns do you end up tanking? Do your locks seed them down every 2-3 sents or are they all dead every sent?
hopps

Postby Sechs » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Finally got to tank the side today.
Took about 100k-150k less dmg then the druid on the other side and he even got a sheep.

The best thing about this was that i totaly owned it and did not fail once. The bad thingy about it is that it took 7 different tanks coming and going failing horrible over and over again for hundreds of wipes. Anyway am just so happy right now that i was able to prove it at last that i could do it better and did not let a single add get lose. :twisted:

The void spawns really are a trap to lock down the pallys on shite. blizzard i hate tie!
Sechs

Postby fafhrd » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:15 pm

we originally killed him with a pally on both voids and sentinels, and had 3 hunters around to MD far sentinels to him, which we found necessary while learning the fight (and oh god did we spend a long time learning it... think we have more muru wipes on our WWS than all the other bosses put together). but the past few weeks we've been managing with only 2 hunters, and after last night I think we can actually get down to one, with me just helping burn down the sentinel instead of muru whenever my MD is on cooldown, so the pally can be more mobile till MD is up again.

although I guess with a 30s cooldown on MD next reset, that's not gonna matter.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau