Eagle boss is giving me headaches

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Eagle boss is giving me headaches

Postby Dendrah » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:17 am

Well the problems is this:

Each time we try Eagle with me as MT he seems to bugg the bigwigs addon even harder then usual.

I know there is an alternative way to predict the storm but I forgot how.

Can anyone help me with how we can avoid the addon buggs?
Dendrah

Postby palouf » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:24 am

Best add on there : "put ambient sound on"
Don't take into account DBM or another add on after the first storm, the following don't follow a precise rule...only when you'll listen to the rain beginning to fall..everybody rushes on you..

We had hard time before with this boss but the first time we put the ambient sound..boom..one shot...

So either the raid leader activate it or even everybody, the sound is really clear...but be careful to put it alone ( not with all the effects and music )...
palouf

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:05 am

palouf wrote:Best add on there : "put ambient sound on"
Don't take into account DBM or another add on after the first storm, the following don't follow a precise rule...only when you'll listen to the rain beginning to fall..everybody rushes on you..

We had hard time before with this boss but the first time we put the ambient sound..boom..one shot...

So either the raid leader activate it or even everybody, the sound is really clear...but be careful to put it alone ( not with all the effects and music )...

This is it exactly. Don't trust DBM. Turn off all sound except for ambiance, when you hear the rain colapse.
BubbaBill

Postby Dendrah » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:21 am

Ok I'll try it on Thursday after the reset.
Dendrah

Postby ldeboer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:12 pm

Bigwiggs only can tell you when the cooldown is up not when he is going to cast.

The other alternative is to have the range dps and healers simply position around the square one at each corner 1 mid way between each of those guys on the corner. You are far enuf away from each other to not get chained lightning.

Now simply watch for him to cast storm its about a 2 sec cast and everyone run in ... its not that far. usually we ahve a couple of peeps looking for it and they call it on vent.
ldeboer

Postby Dendrah » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Ok I tried to do this several times now and just can't hear it. Can anyone make a screenshot of their "sound options"?
Dendrah

Postby kysu » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:56 am

Everything to 0 except ambiance. You should hear nature sounds and thats it.
kysu

Postby Brenna » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Only annoying thing is when it's raining in the game already, so you can't tell when his storm starts. Has happened to us a couple times. Once we wiped, because someone else said to collapse when DBM said, and of course he chose not to do the storm, but to chain lightning everyone to death instead. The other time we just stayed spread out and ran to the person who got thrown up in the air (which was the strategy we used to use when first doing ZA anyway).
Brenna

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:34 pm

The point is, the storm has a "minimum range". If everyone collapses in melee he might wait for a LOT before doing it.
Just have someone stay a bit outside melee when the CD is up and everyone else collapses "but don't stand already too close", when storm comes everyone run under the target, problem solved.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Valrath » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:11 am

palouf wrote:Best add on there : "put ambient sound on"

Make sure Master Sound is up. Check the Ambient box AND turn up the ambient slider. You can check to make sure it's working as soon as you enter ZA. All you should hear is wind and I think birds. Don't have on ur attack sounds (might miss it)

I had a macro said something like "Start Stacking Noobs!" Edit by Worldie - Language please
I tank away then you'll hear rain (you really can't miss it)
I spam the macro 3 times and say on vent "stack"!

Works fine. I do suggest you recommend people NOT running thru you if they can help it, so you don't get the debuff and take more dmg.

/enjoy
Valrath

Postby Andryana » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:57 am

The ambience sound all the way up beats every addon, just tell people to set it all the way up or set a macro to warn people when you hear the rain ;)
Andryana

Postby azraelfrost » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Only annoying thing is when it's raining in the game already, so you can't tell when his storm starts. Has happened to us a couple times. Once we wiped, because someone else said to collapse when DBM said, and of course he chose not to do the storm, but to chain lightning everyone to death instead. The other time we just stayed spread out and ran to the person who got thrown up in the air (which was the strategy we used to use when first doing ZA anyway).

Usually this happens after a whipe. And yes, it sucks.
azraelfrost

Return to Zul'aman