Upcoming first Kara!

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Upcoming first Kara!

Postby search66 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:53 am

Just wanted to brief the community; since although I haven't posted much... this site (and all of you) have been an inspiration to me. My guilds MT/raid leader quit WoW; which left us basically helpless... I'm the GM and my main was a warlock (stupid; I know)... At the time; we were doing t5 stuff (ssc and tk)...

I hate warriors and droods... so pally was my choice. I leveled him up pretty quickly and now think I'm ready to MT kara... for two weeks I've OT'ed with no problems at all; full clears...

Anyway... I'll be sure to post my SUCCESS and give kudos to everyone here that contributes.

Hopefully, will be doing ZA by Lich and then...well... start all over! :P
search66

Postby Sederia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:33 am

you seem to still be crushable(at least in your armory lite profile) couple things to help out

the +str/sta gem, pre wotlk, i'd swap that for the dodge/sta one

the keepers of time head enchant

enchant dodge/def to cloak

bracer isn't really a tank bracer, at least not yet... green fortress or the one from Kara(Courage?)... enchant def/sta

shoulder, your scryers so the defensive enchant is a little worse but still worth it

that should put you close to 102.4(not entirely positive on my math)
Sederia

Postby Thenin » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:43 am

Yeah, definitely still uncrushable. If you enchant the shoulders w/the Scryer honored glyph (of the Knight) and put the KoT enchant on your head, with HS up you're still only at 97.38% avoidance. Putting on both [item=27891]Adamantine Figurine[/item] & [item=30300]Dabiri's Enigma[/item] gets you up to 101.54%, but that's assuming you have both and you'd still be still shy of the 102.4% you'll need to tank the likes of Prince & Nightbane. Mebbe throw Steelweave on the cloak and/or bracers?

Edit: following Sederia's suggestions above will get you to 100.36% avoidance. Methinks you're going to have to produce some better trinkets if you're going to take a shot at MT'ing Kara.
Thenin

Postby search66 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:58 am

Thanks guys... By the run (on Monday) I should have the gear needed (badge stuff) to replace at least my bracers... I'll check out the other suggestions... Thanks for the feedback!
search66

Postby search66 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:30 am

Morning... I made some changes last night (see armory)... I believe I'm above the 102.4 threshold... However, it cost me some stamina... Can you guys suggest any immediate improvements to increase my health? Or do you think I'm ok to tank Kara with my current level of health?
search66

Postby guillex » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:34 am

search66 wrote:Morning... I made some changes last night (see armory)... I believe I'm above the 102.4 threshold... However, it cost me some stamina... Can you guys suggest any immediate improvements to increase my health? Or do you think I'm ok to tank Kara with my current level of health?

Checking...

Well, you're over uncrushable by 1%. That defense rating's quite high, to be honest.

Change the Thorium Spike on your shield to a +18 stam enchant.

Could probably go with another SSoE in your bp.

Higher stam to boots (or boar's speed).

Get a +20sd enchant to gloves for now ... Your spelldamage is just a teeny bit low.

If you can get your CE rep up to revered, you can change out your mark of the ravenguard for strength of the untamed ... You'll drop a bit in stamina, but you'll be able to change around some more of your gems. As in, you'll be able to lose the dodge gem in your gloves, and the 4/6 gems in your pants and boots, for SSoE's.

That'll be a decent upgrade in stam .... Though 12k with kings isn't too bad either.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby search66 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:53 am

Well, you're over uncrushable by 1%. That defense rating's quite high, to be honest.

- That a good thing or should I focus elsewhere?

Change the Thorium Spike on your shield to a +18 stam enchant.

- First thing I'll do tonight... Thanks.

Could probably go with another SSoE in your bp.

- Sorry... what is SSoE?

Higher stam to boots (or boar's speed).

- Gotcha

Get a +20sd enchant to gloves for now ... Your spelldamage is just a teeny bit low.

- Gotcha

If you can get your CE rep up to revered, you can change out your mark of the ravenguard for strength of the untamed ... You'll drop a bit in stamina, but you'll be able to change around some more of your gems. As in, you'll be able to lose the dodge gem in your gloves, and the 4/6 gems in your pants and boots, for SSoE's.

- Rock on...

That'll be a decent upgrade in stam .... Though 12k with kings isn't too bad either.

--- Thanks a ton for the feedback... Appreciate it... truly.
search66

Postby Andryana » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:36 am

SSoE is a Solid Star of Elune, 12 stamina gem.
Andryana

Postby search66 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:57 am

Good morning MTadins... Made some upgrades this week and tonights the night for Kara... Check me out and let me know if you think I'm ready.

Thanks.
search66

Postby amh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:12 am

Uhm.. Which upgrades can you actually get in kara now? You look pretty decked out :)
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby search66 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:24 am

amh wrote:Uhm.. Which upgrades can you actually get in kara now? You look pretty decked out :)

Minimal... It's my first time MT'ing it... I'm going to clear it a couple times for the badges so I can get the welfare shoulders.
search66

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:10 am

search66 wrote:
amh wrote:Uhm.. Which upgrades can you actually get in kara now? You look pretty decked out :)

Minimal... It's my first time MT'ing it... I'm going to clear it a couple times for the badges so I can get the welfare shoulders.

Uhm ...

Drop the two +8's in your pants. Get Solid Stars of Elune. Seriously. You can afford to drop 16DR.

Please, lol.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby search66 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:46 am

Good advice... Thank you a ton.
search66

Postby search66 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Since I'm also dropping the +6 stam for the bonus... Is it worth 18 extra stamina?
search66

Return to Karazhan