Remove Advertisements

Tanking Brutallus: Gearing for it, and surviving it.

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:46 am

Illidan helm and t6 bracers would be a good upgrade, yes.

Actually, you should be able to use Illidan helm anyway, since Paladin threat is retarded in this fight anyway. Try with it, if DPS are threatcapped you can always swap back.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Corvass » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:36 am

I'd love to but it hasn't dropped yet for me I'm afraid. It was more of a 'if I get that then I can swap that etc' wishful thinking ^^
Corvass

Postby PsiVen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:30 pm

Illidan drops a helm?
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Seloei » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:24 am

pala threat is major here... i was using 2/6 t6 with akama pants and badge avoidance chest with unbreakable will and still was 20% ahead of the dps before we wiped (3 min, healers oom). Still got a lot of sorting out to do before we're ready for him :(

Also, since noone replied in the gear advice forum, was wondering... which is better, slikks's with 12 defense or armor? One gives a static reduction (yet very very minor) and one gives some avoidance.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:36 am

Tecnically slikk is a back i'd enchant with armor simply cause it already got a lot of it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:54 am

guess i'l buy a 3. slikks with armor then to try it out.
Seloei

Postby Maelstrom » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:04 am

Working on Brutallus at the moment, figured I'd ask for some oppinions on my gear setup:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... as&n=Ivona

Main things of note:
Helm: Tell Archimonde and Illidan to stop screwing me about. :-/

Trinkets: Went with double avoidance as the warrior and I had imp and commanding shout (23K fully buffed up).

Ironshields spammed, popped a cooldown for every stomp and I survived them most of the time (Apart from my first roflstomp, man that was epic). Mostly tanks died either due to poor healing or just burn healers messing up and the raid slowly dying. Got him to 53% on the first night though (With 3 mins left on enrage! :)).

Honestly I'm just wondering if there's any tweaks I can make to improve survivability and help make attempts more consistent outside of being roflstomped. I'd have a WWS but our RL who usually does it managed to forget :p
Maelstrom

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:05 am

Your gear is fine, you just need more faith

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sanctifico » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:08 am

Meh my healers bitched and moaned last night, had me swapped out in favor of the Feral tank who needs nothing, and then failed as healing him for 5tries too..
Turns out one of them was feint healing rather than down ranking.

Still would be nice if I could grab SMI + Kaelecgos legs before we do him again....

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Chevy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:40 am

Our feral tank just quit yesterday and we had just downed Brut for the first time the week before. I've been in as ret for the kill, but I've never attempted to tank him and I'm kinda nervous about it.

I'm coming in to tank tomorrow, but I'm worried that because one of our healers just quit as well, we're going to have a tough time adjusting.

Here's my armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Abadawn

I know all the ins and outs of it, and I have the Commendation of Kael/Moroes/Insignia that I plan on swapping around, as well as an avoidance weapon if I don't need the extra threat.

We typically do not have the imp for our tank group, but I'll be getting commanding shout. I think we're going to have an extra shaman that we're going to place in the tank group as well (outside of for an extra bloodlust to the casters).

Any advice/critiques? I was thinking if we don't end up having the imp I'll drop Moroes for the Commedation.
Chevy

Postby Elsie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:53 pm

Advice: read first post, don't blow all your CDs on one stomp, count down from 2 or 3 before you taunt, don't count till he's doing the third meteor slash.

also don't taunt into a stomp.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:54 pm

You definitively need a ring better than Karazhan one, a better shield and WHY SPELLDAM ON RINGS :(
Warriors don't enchant +2 weapon damage.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kezia » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 pm

So does Brutallus generally hit 4 times in ~1.5 seconds? I was having issues with that last night in this gear (with a few changes I think): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ins&n=Kezi
Rhetoric of the Nightfall - Alterac Mountains (US)

Guild Master, Virulent // www.virulentam.wowstead.com // www.twitter.com/virulentam
Kezia

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau