Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Base » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:50 am

So we've had a couple of nights on FM and she's begining to annoy us.

Unfortunately, as a guild we've never really had much luck moving from fire, black holes, snails with lances... So we've tried running away from the encapsulate but always manage to lose a person or two. We also tried the staying still and healing through encapsulate - but that seemed almost impossible.

Any other hints, other than just trying to actually get people to react to the big purple beam flying towards their group?
Base

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:16 am

You can't really 'form a circle' around the tank. If you take a lot of turns, the beam will catch up to you and you get the dot and usually die.

Actually, one of the major arguements for running in a circle is that the beam WONT catch up with you. The turning speed of the beam is less than that of a player, so you can out-turn it to gain ground.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Base wrote:So we've had a couple of nights on FM and she's begining to annoy us.

Unfortunately, as a guild we've never really had much luck moving from fire, black holes, snails with lances... So we've tried running away from the encapsulate but always manage to lose a person or two. We also tried the staying still and healing through encapsulate - but that seemed almost impossible.

Any other hints, other than just trying to actually get people to react to the big purple beam flying towards their group?

If you're going to try healing through it, use arcane protection potions. If someone in your vicinity gets encapped, pop an arcane pot, and you (and everyone around you who also potted) will survive with reasonable healing.

assuming skeleton dps is good casters can mostly regen to full during the air phases, so the loss of the potion timer isn't really a problem (and if your group didn't get encapped, then you have your pot timer up to mana pot at the start of an air phase anyway).

the pots themselves are very cheap to make with the sunwell dailies dropping primal mana all over the place.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Base » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:19 am

Yeah we are actually thinking of bringing stacks of cauldrons and using the arcane protection potions every time cooldown is up just so we don't have to wait for people to react to encap - then hit potion/healthstone macro and move - the AR buff is already there waiting for encap to hit them.

Edit we're also going to try with a little bit of AR gear - in the hope that this will help keep people alive enough to get out of the encapsulate.
Base

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:25 pm

On our two best attempts last night, one priest or another ate MC cloud and proceeded to mind control me.

Cue Yakety Sax.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Use cauldrons every time and run out. Healing through it is pretty much like killing Illidan by having the Flames tanks stand in one spot.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Jikozani » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 am

That's not true. It's perfectly doable.
Jikozani

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:19 am

If you got ~3 CoH priests spamming CoH on the encapsulated group i'd guess it's doable since it's after all 1500 DPS on 5 people.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:30 pm

Worldie wrote:If you got ~3 CoH priests spamming CoH on the encapsulated group i'd guess it's doable since it's after all 1500 DPS on 5 people.

I suppose it might save you an entire phase, too.
Elsie

Postby sanctifico » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:57 am

We killed him last week, the problem is consistency, we've had loads of tries to low percentage but someone usually dies/screws up on something simple (i.e. priest finishing MF before running from beam/encap etc).

If your doing this as prot, its probably worth while standing to one side (makes it easier if groups are marginally smaller)

I stand alone ~25yards away from our Warrior MT (for 1%hit aura + Devo) I heal myself with HL once every 10seconds or so, dispell myself and the MT and call out encapsulates, novas and air phases.

Unlike most guilds we actually have the Felmyst tank call breaths since we've had some unreliable calls from others, from time to time he AoE taunts to help with the adds.
(unreliable call == 1% wipe on last breath of the Air Phase >.< - up, no down, no up up up up ...... fuck it was down!)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby inthedrops » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:41 am

For our progression kill, as well as every kill since then we heal through Encapsulate and no one leaves (unless it's on the main tank, then we have the melee run out). We do this week after week. You don't need to heal 1500 hps you just need to heal enough to keep up with the duration of encapsulate minus the lowest health person in the group plus an arcane or health pot.

We have 5 groups, 1 melee and 4 ranged. If someone in your group gets Encapsulate you eat an arcane pot and stay in your position doing your thing while the healers do theirs.

It works well for us. The only time people die is when they were already low in health before encapsulate and someone somewhere was slacking (be it healing or people not eating their potions)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Helpunot » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:11 am

How I do felmyst:

I stand on the right, at the very corner of the westmost group. I am in 1/3 healing gear and staying in range to keep imp crusader up while exorcising and AS on CD. I use my healing mace and shield, and have about 19k fully buffed. My healing is at 1200 and it seems to help out a LOT to throw a holy light on someone when there are a lot of people low on health. Crits are for 6.5-7.2k with just 1200 healing (surprised me!) otherwise I am spamming flash on everyone which imo eats a little more then a tick off her constant AOE ability. I also cleanse the tank immediately and usually save someone else's ass when their MD gets resisted or our priests are being tards, which imo is rare but happens.

For phase 2, I always start out by walking backwards while facing the main raid, so I can see where the first beam pops up. Then I get over there as fast as I can, drop a consecrate right where the beam started which picks up 3-4 skeles right off the bat. I then strafe the beam and auto attack at least 1 skele, exorcise another, judge another and melee the last few, with a taunt sometimes for an overzealous healer. The warrior MT picks up the whole other group of skeles and it is very rare that anyone dies in PH2. We still have issues with people being low on health when encap comes and dying to 1 tick, but that is our only issue.

She always dies right when she hits the ground after enrage, always at 1% and I got the killing blow the other week LOL.
Helpunot

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau