What to wear after 3.0?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

What to wear after 3.0?

Postby Kaiser » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:29 pm

With 3.0 looming just over the digital horizon, I've been doing a bit of research as to what to expect with Tankadin talents and what stats will become important.

I'm fairly sure I know where my talents are going to go, and at least what sort of weapon to look for. However, when I took a second to look at my gear, I was at least a little concerned.

I have enough Defense to stay over 490 once we lose our 20 "free" points, but my strength? Barely past 200.

I've done some digging, but I really don't know much about gear aside from what we were SUPPOSED to wear, back before this. My capacity for collection is currently about Halfway through Kara, and able to do a few Heroics with the guild.

So, the question is, what sort of gear should I be looking for, or where should I be digging, to start getting my stats up to par with what Tankadins are going to need?
Kaiser

Postby majiben » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:50 pm

Are you taking into accout that most of the gear is being redone to have strength on it? Check the Wotlk subsite on WoWhead to see the changes to gear if you haven't already.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Kaiser » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:20 pm

...wow. Really?

I would love to know how I totally missed this little tidbit of information. >.>

I'll.. y'know.. go have a look at that now.

---
Edit:
While it's good to know that there is going to be a lot of gear getting Strength added to it, thus far it looks like only one piece of what I'm wearing will actually benefit from this.
Bugger.
Kaiser

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice