Remove Advertisements

AoE threat

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

AoE threat

Postby Zappi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:31 am

I'd like to know, if paladins are still the kings of aoe threat.

Specifically: may the raid with a warrior start bombing Void Spawns / Sinister Reflections etc as early as another raid with a tankadin?

I think paladins are still the best class for this job, but I'm not sure.
Zappi

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 am

Paladins still have higher AoE threat, just it's not as big difference as it was before.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Whait » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:06 am

warrs can now do enough to aoe threat to negate having a tankadin have to be there for the aoe mobs its all it is...its not fair. : (
Whait

Postby Belarkan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 am

Whait wrote:warrs can now do enough to aoe threat to negate having a tankadin have to be there for the aoe mobs its all it is...its not fair. : (

What isn't fair is to let the warrior have a very very hard time - esp in 5 men - due to the lack of aoe.

As long as Blizard fixes our remaining issues I'm fine with that.
I just hope the community will see the improvments done on the paladins and not just the warrior's buff.
Belarkan

Postby kvark » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:57 am

I went ret for a SH run where a warrior tanked.... good god that was expensive
kvark

Postby Lumennon » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Whait wrote:warrs can now do enough to aoe threat to negate having a tankadin have to be there for the aoe mobs its all it is...its not fair. : (

It just takes one more comment like this to make me escalate...

And to calm everyone down: No, it's not gonna be on this board. But it will be nasty.
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Belarkan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:16 pm

kvark wrote:I went ret for a SH run where a warrior tanked.... good god that was expensive

Did one as ret with a warrior that was still working on karazhan, died only once, I messed and hit consecration while the warrior was pulling :twisted: .
The issue is it's not fair that warrior have to rely so much on CC while we just run in and spamm consecration.
Belarkan

Postby Melathys » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:49 pm

the way I'm seeing it, and I may be wrong.

with warrior/druid/dk aoe tanking. They can at least hold aggro off heals now, but dps should still focus targets... paladin aoe tanking = aoe dps.
Melathys

Postby tuberon » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Melathys wrote:the way I'm seeing it, and I may be wrong.

with warrior/druid/dk aoe tanking. They can at least hold aggro off heals now, but dps should still focus targets... paladin aoe tanking = aoe dps.

True, hammer-spamming SoV will be hard to beat...

I actually *liked* "lf pally tank SH" though.

I love SH.
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby Selinaria » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:13 pm

At this point in time, I'm glad that all classes have at least viable methods of holding AOE aggro.

But Melathys is likely correct, through hard AOE spam, unless the tank has some lead time before AOE starts, we will be the best tank for holding aggro.

Our taunt is still superior for AOE as well, 3 target taunt on 10 second CD vs. 8 second taunts for 1 target (also 20 yard range vs. 40 yard range in our favor).
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Return to WotLK