Attumen the Huntsman

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Attumen the Huntsman

Postby spiky_porcupine » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:00 am

So my guild is heading for Kara for the first time with me being a MT. Now my guild is currently short on tanks and all of our warriors are not geared yet for KZ, so I'm the only tank at this time. My question is, I've heard some paladins tank both Attumen and MIdnight together, is that possible with pre-raid gear?

My armory shows my raid items at this time except the necklace which I will use SV rep reward. I will also be at 102.41% with kings so I just reached uncrushable. Raid buffed I will probably have ~12.5k HP. We will have 3 healers for the raid with 2 priests and 1 pali. So since we need to pug one more for our raid, do I need to pug a tank for this or no?

Thanks!
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Korrupd » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:18 am

Your hp is a bit low, but grats on uncrushable! A second tank is nice for Kara, even if it's an offspec warrior wearing tank gear for certain pulls. As of yet, I have no raid tank experience, but I've definately Kara'd with a Tankadin a few times.

The only issue I see is undergeared healers going OOM quickly trying to keep you up. Our tankadin had roughly 15k hp after buffs and was already kara geared.

Anybody else have insight?
Korrupd

Postby Saffire » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:35 am

With two priests your going to be able to shackle most of the pulls your going to encounter.

Do you have a dps warrior going? If so they will serve as a OT on the few pulls youll need one.

If you have some hunters for trapping you could possibly do it without an OT except that your going to want at least one OT for Moroes and depending on how far you go the bots leading to curator.
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire

Postby guillex » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:49 am

What I found from my first MT experience last night was that having a decently geared prot warrior OT was a boon to the raid... If you have 2 shackles, 4man pulls on trash are cake with a OT ... same with the last 5 pull. We had 3 shackles though, so it was even easier.

The only thing that I found was that the warrior would pick up things after his target was down, and I got a bit annoyed with having to take it back. But I calmed down a bit, knowing that I was being called for pulls et al. Make sure everyone has KTM or Omen/Threat with KTMtoThreat installed. Our OT didn`t, and that made things a bit harder.

It`s actually fun to have a warrior OT ... Mine proposed a friendly competition on Moroes, threat-wise. He had him for about 30 seconds, after which Moroes was constantly running back to me. That`s one fight where an OT is key, because you WILL be eating Gouges and taking Blinds.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby mconeone » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:56 am

Unless your guild is planning on 25-mans soon, have your warrior respec dps/prot hybrid. If you're MTing eveything the added damage will be nice.
mconeone

Postby spiky_porcupine » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:24 am

I'm not worried about CC much at all since we have 2 priests and 3 hunters in our raid group. So we can always shackle two and freeze one with two to spare as back up. It's just for Attunmen, if we really can't find an off-tank for midnight, I'm thinking will I be able to tank both with 3 healers on me. If not, than I'll have a friend come on his tank instead of his healer.

Another question is also, is amplify damage a good spell to keep on for Attumen? I don't see any spell damage that he does, so I'm curious if that will help the healers.
Spikybunny:
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Tresjynn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:50 am

spiky_porcupine wrote:Another question is also, is amplify damage a good spell to keep on for Attumen? I don't see any spell damage that he does, so I'm curious if that will help the healers.
He's got a Shadow Cleave. Does Shadow damage, but is blockable.
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Tiandelin » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:15 am

I never tried to tank both of them with pre-raid gear, but it's probably doable if your healers are good. You really want a decent amount of health to tank both of them, so bring pots and food if you want to try it that way. The most damage I take in one hit is the shadow cleave, which does about 4k. Combine that with a couple melee hits though, and you could be in a world of pain if you're not topped off. Make sure your healers don't slack. Oh, and shadow protection for the cleave.

However, you're still better off having an offtank in the raid, since Moroes will gouge you. You can do fancy things with blessing of sacrifice to break it, but that's probably not going to be feasible next patch with the BoSac changes. Eventually, you'll want a second tank for Netherspite too.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Ralthos » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:59 pm

I did it with worse gear than you back in April, still crushable. If your healers are on the ball, you'll be fine. Double tanking the fight is really not that big a deal. Just make sure that you're still dropping consecrations to keep passive threat gen up on your off target.
Ralthos

Postby Oramac » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:03 pm

i accidentally tanked both of them the other day. lol. turns out attumen popped out right after i had cast a consecrate and aggroed to me. between that consecrate and HS i kept him on me for a fair amount of time before the warr OT was able to finally pull him off me when midnight was at about 40% or so.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby spiky_porcupine » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:08 am

I want to thank the replies, as our guild's first run we downed attumen with me tanking both with no problem. Only occasional spikes from shadow cleave and healers were quick to top me off after.

In fact, for our guild's first Kara run, we even downed moroes on our first try! and Maiden was took a few learning wipes to get positioning down. Although the loots absolutely sucked, I was happy Pali can tank Kara pre-raid gear quite easily, even if it's AoE as long as healers are paying attention. I tanked moroes and one add, but I felt I could take another add in there too.

So thanks for the advices since I did grab an arms warrior to help OT and it did indeed makes things much easier.
Spikybunny:
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Return to Karazhan