Taunt/Interrupt

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:35 am

Yes, but the judgement is still on the GCD.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Mishdorf » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:36 am

Fridmarr wrote:Yes, but the judgement is still on the GCD.

And? I'd be much more worried about the judgement being on the judgement cooldown.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:39 am

Mishdorf wrote:

And? I'd be much more worried about the judgement being on the judgement cooldown.

What do you mean and? I think what I'm getting at is pretty clear. Yes being on CD sucks too.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:44 am

Mishdorf wrote:And Modus, they wanted to remove downranking. If they were to do this, instead of having a new rank they might as well just give us a single target taunt on the same cooldown. Which still brings us back to the basic fact that no matter what window dressing that they put on it, we need a spell that is functionally equivalent to the warrior "taunt" spell.

Nah, if they wanted to remove downranking they would have done it. You can still downrank spells, it's just not generally beneficial because the cost is almost the same, and the benefit is less. From a practical perspective, we're asking to taunt one thing instead of three, and we want to spend the same amount of mana. That fits in pretty well with the downranking philosophy imho.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Mishdorf » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:10 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Mishdorf wrote:

What do you mean and? I think what I'm getting at is pretty clear. Yes being on CD sucks too.

I simply meant "what is the problem with a taunt being on a gcd?"

Threat rotations *are* meant to be screwed up when you need to do other things (though amusingly enough if a taunt was put on JoJ it wouldn't screw our threat rotation directly). I personally don't care how we get a single target taunt, just that we do get a single target taunt. Putting it on JoJ gives that judgement a reason for existing on our PvE hotkey list.

moduspwnens wrote:
Mishdorf wrote:And Modus, they wanted to remove downranking. If they were to do this, instead of having a new rank they might as well just give us a single target taunt on the same cooldown. Which still brings us back to the basic fact that no matter what window dressing that they put on it, we need a spell that is functionally equivalent to the warrior "taunt" spell.

Nah, if they wanted to remove downranking they would have done it. You can still downrank spells, it's just not generally beneficial because the cost is almost the same, and the benefit is less. From a practical perspective, we're asking to taunt one thing instead of three, and we want to spend the same amount of mana. That fits in pretty well with the downranking philosophy imho.

I'm not going to bother arguing the mind of blizzard devs with you because I don't claim to know it :). However they do it, we need a single target taunt. I would prefer that they gave it to us as a new spell though (even with a shared cooldown) as many players aren't competent enough to keep track of their *own skills* let alone what all the ranks of those skills do.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Norrath » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:30 am

moduspwnens wrote:

RD doesn't cost mana anymore. ;)
Norrath

Postby Belarkan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:30 am

BC: judgement (no GCD) + re seal (GCD)
WOTLK: judgement (GCD)

I won't include the seal since it's every 2 minutes.
Belarkan

Previous

Return to WotLK