Prot "Baby Healz"?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dawnseeker » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 am

Not that I like healing all that much, but sometimes it's necessary.... the main problem with healing in prot gear is the small size of your mana pool and regen, hand of sacrifice helps with regen a little bit if you happen to have another healer to stick a HoT on you or are in range of an aoe heal occasionally.
I think one way of solving this would be to give mana regen or int based off armor or something as either prot's new 11-pointer, or on top of another talent, this would be useful to all 3 specs and would provide an alternative for holy than sticking a bunch of points in ret for the +crit etc and would also make ret less likely to wear mail/leather and holy less likely to wear dresses...
I know others have alrdy suggested this and the "where the hell is our 11-point talent" post is that way --> but I thought it would be worth mentioning :)
Telleryn, Vokh, Elderhorn, Mirinas, Thanaryn, Amitheya, Emareyn, Zenbaja, Mellivora, Corvas <Marmite> Draenor-EU
Dawnseeker

Postby Kilthanas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Eanin wrote:It should also be useful during Supremus phase two and RoS phase two.

Meh I maintank Supremus cause he's a demon. So during phase 2 I run around after him exocising and judging righteousness to keep my Imp Seal of the Crusader up and the 3% raidwide crit it adds. Personally I think thats more useful than standing around off healing since you've gotta be near him to pick him up after the phase change. Its especially useful when he's below 20% as I often get massive hammer of wrath crits.

Same with Dragonhawk boss. In between the birds I keep up my 3% crit seal. After birds are done he's getting low and at 20% you can start Hammer of Wrathing for nice dmg.

Healing in prot gear is fairly useless. Small heals and go oom fast. I never do it. I do however heal in my holy gear on Naj'entus and I was occasionally on Gorefiend as well before the dps voted to have me maintank it instead of our warrior maintank because of my threat on demons. I did also use to do it sometimes on Eagle boss in ZA but now i'm maintanking our Amani bear runs and the warrior or feral druid will dps on Eagle, Hexlord and Zul'Jin.
Kilthanas

Postby thegreatheed » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Eanin wrote:You'll still heal better in your heal set than in your prot set. I'm at almost 11k spellpower in my healing set

daaaaang....
thegreatheed

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:24 am

Songblade wrote:Wrong, TbtL affects ALL of your heals, by giving you spellpower = to 30% of your Stamina.

I was talking about the "and your crit heals do 30% more healing" part ;)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Belarkan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:37 am

actually, I'm back from PTR and I must say healing in prot gear increased a lot.
I got ~600 spell power. In BC, I had 450 so that's 450 +healing.
Now with hyjal's mace and the 30% SP from sta, I'm around 600 SP.
If I get things correct, that leads to 1800+healing.
flash were around 1300 and greater 4500, much more worthy than it was in BC from this point of view. although given the too small mana pool it won't last much.
Belarkan

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:47 am

Belarkan wrote:actually, I'm back from PTR and I must say healing in prot gear increased a lot.
I got ~600 spell power. In BC, I had 450 so that's 450 +healing.
Now with hyjal's mace and the 30% SP from sta, I'm around 600 SP.
If I get things correct, that leads to 1800+healing.
flash were around 1300 and greater 4500, much more worthy than it was in BC from this point of view. although given the too small mana pool it won't last much.

Exactly and that's the point. HP/S was never an issue, mana is. Without chain potting it will get even worse.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Belarkan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:54 am

Katamai wrote:Exactly and that's the point. HP/S was never an issue, mana is. Without chain potting it will get even worse.

HP/S was in BC when wearing prot gear.
Belarkan

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:07 am

Belarkan wrote:HP/S was in BC when wearing prot gear.

True but that is why i carry all 3 sets all the time. My biggest issue is that due to non-existent mana regen healing as prot in prot gear is pointless.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Belarkan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:34 am

Katamai wrote:
Belarkan wrote:HP/S was in BC when wearing prot gear.

True but that is why i carry all 3 sets all the time. My biggest issue is that due to non-existent mana regen healing as prot in prot gear is pointless.

There are a couple of cases where self healing or healing in prot gear can save a wipe.
On our Karathress progression kill, once the shaman died, there was 3 healers+tank eating shadow bolt+fire totem. Whenever I wasn't there to heal the healers that had the shadowbolt, there was a wipe because either the healer died, either the tank died (healer focused on healing each other).
Also when you get bounced out of healing ranged, it is sometime a good idea to self heal before joining range again.
Belarkan

Previous

Return to WotLK