Taunt/Interrupt

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Taunt/Interrupt

Postby Rorshach » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 pm

If mitigation/avoidance is done, as it seems to be from what GC is saying (a possible added self-bonus to Sanctuary notwithstanding) maybe we can still get our taunt/interrupt tweaked before the patch or before retail Wrath if we yell loud enough and consistently.

Can someone who writes reasonable and coherent posts (ie: Snowwright or Modus) make a post on the Beta forums that has nothing to do with mitigation or avoidance and instead brings to light our long CD interrupt and taunt and compare it to the interrupts and taunts (range, effect and CD) from the other tanking classes.

I am sure with a couple of similar posts, plus feedback from all and sundry, displaying the raw and talented numbers and effects as compared to the other three tanks may go a long way to getting something done.

Cheers!
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Candiru » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:40 pm

Now the other tanks have 20 yard taunts, there is no excuse for our gimped 3-mobs-and-40yards-from-a-random-DPSer-in-LOS taunt.

Can't we get a straight, single target taunt too?
Candiru

Postby Dawnseeker » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Got a warrior and druid at 70 atm, been toying with prot on the warrior and the druid has been feral for ages.
... They keep making it harder and harder to stay on my pally :(
Telleryn, Vokh, Elderhorn, Mirinas, Thanaryn, Amitheya, Emareyn, Zenbaja, Mellivora, Corvas <Marmite> Draenor-EU
Dawnseeker

Postby Wapner » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:50 pm

Dawnseeker wrote:Got a warrior and druid at 70 atm, been toying with prot on the warrior and the druid has been feral for ages.

I agree. Almost everything I really loved about my Pally has been given to other classes, and then buffed for them in some way that is better than the original. :P

Warriors and Druids both seem like they would be very fun right now.
Wapner

Postby Rorshach » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Yes, I know the other tanks have a 20-yard taunt, I also know most of them have more than one and all of them (I think) are a shorter CD than our one.

So, to get back on topic, can someone with access to beta forums (I'm just on the PTR) get a good topic about this disparity please and thank you?
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby MonkH » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:58 pm

Rorshach wrote:Yes, I know the other tanks have a 20-yard taunt, I also know most of them have more than one and all of them (I think) are a shorter CD than our one.

So, to get back on topic, can someone with access to beta forums (I'm just on the PTR) get a good topic about this disparity please and thank you?

didnt they make them all same CD couple patchs ago?
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin
MonkH

Postby Norrath » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Challenging Shout/Roar is on a 10 min CD, and doesn't work like a real Taunt (it only fixates the mobs on you, it doesn't give you actual threat). On the other hand, it affects all mobs within its radius.
Norrath

Postby Sharlos » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Rorshach wrote:Yes, I know the other tanks have a 20-yard taunt, I also know most of them have more than one and all of them (I think) are a shorter CD than our one.

We are the only tank with only one taunt.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 pm

All primary taunts are 10 seconds now. I don't think we have a need a new single target taunt. A fixate like mocking blow or deathgrip would allow even 2 tankadins to swap targets safely and quickly.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Melathys » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:05 pm

Majiben wrote:All primary taunts are 10 seconds now. I don't think we have a need a new single target taunt. A fixate like mocking blow or deathgrip would allow even 2 tankadins to swap targets safely and quickly.

they'd probably do something like add it to hotr, so we fixate three mobs at a time, basically fixing nothing. :lol:
Melathys

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:06 pm

Melathys wrote:
Majiben wrote:All primary taunts are 10 seconds now. I don't think we have a need a new single target taunt. A fixate like mocking blow or deathgrip would allow even 2 tankadins to swap targets safely and quickly.

they'd probably do something like add it to hotr, so we fixate three mobs at a time, basically fixing nothing. :lol:

Nooooooeess. Y must U give the teh 3vil Ideazs?
majiben

Postby Norrath » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:06 pm

Not correct; Taunt/Growl is 8 seconds.
Norrath

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:07 pm

Norrath wrote:

Not correct; Taunt/Growl is 8 seconds.

Talented no?
majiben

Postby Norrath » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Just checked and it seems I'm slightly wrong. Growl has 10 seconds, Taunt has 8 seconds.

There's no Improved Taunt anymore.
Norrath

Postby Chevalier » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Wapner wrote:
Dawnseeker wrote:Got a warrior and druid at 70 atm, been toying with prot on the warrior and the druid has been feral for ages.

I agree. Almost everything I really loved about my Pally has been given to other classes, and then buffed for them in some way that is better than the original. :P

Warriors and Druids both seem like they would be very fun right now.

I tanked a normal 5-man and a bit of Naxx with a premade Warrior, and i'd have to say that they feel very similiar, a paladin and a warrior now. Both are very fun...since I have 70 of both and no clear direction on my paladin, im considering the switch myself...just as a way to avoid any possible class bias.
Chevalier

Next

Return to WotLK