Remove Advertisements

Tankadin's guide to Faction Gear

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby VikrumthePally » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:33 am

Barathorn wrote:Thanks for the list, exactly what I was looking for.

Barathorn

I second this. Great job! Thank you!
VikrumthePally

Postby Baeric » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:00 pm

Perhaps it is too early to tell, but does anyone from the beta/PTR have any input on maximizing rep for some of the factions?

Taking a BC example, gaining Cenarion Expedition rep was maximized by first turning in Unidentified Plant Parts until honored and then completing the relevant quests. I'm just curious for planning purposes.
Baeric

Postby Teloc » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Baeric wrote:Perhaps it is too early to tell, but does anyone from the beta/PTR have any input on maximizing rep for some of the factions?

Taking a BC example, gaining Cenarion Expedition rep was maximized by first turning in Unidentified Plant Parts until honored and then completing the relevant quests. I'm just curious for planning purposes.

This isn't that big of an issue any more with the whole champion system. Just toss on the tabard at lvl 80 and do any lvl 80 instance and get double rep. Rep for the instance and rep for your faction your championing.
Teloc

Postby guillex » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Rors... For your little table of rep gains from mobs, you could always put it in a code tag to make it more readable ... and you wouldn't need to space everything with periods.

Code: Select all
                 Normal      Heroic

Non elite        0            1-2
Elite trash      5            15
Super trash      10           30
Boss             50           250

Or something like that.

Quote me and take it. All you have to do is preview and fiddle with the spaces.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Rorshach » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Thanks Guillex!

I knew there was a way to do it but I R dah stoopid. :D

edit: speaking of gear, I was also bored today at work so I started compiling a list of tank gear from instances, quests, world drops and crafting professions today, starting at level 75.

This one will take a while longer, however I think it should be done sometime next week. I just have to have more boring days at work [grin]
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Galoheart » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:25 pm

At 80 in Beta so can say say getting Honored with Kaluak is quite just doing all the quests in the area which earn you more than Honored.

Getting Honored with Wyrmrest Accord in Dragonblight is not to hard but it takes doing all the quests available in the zone as well doing the daily quest for extra reps if needed as the cape is very nice. All faction Tabard you can pickup at "Friendly", but takes a lvl 80 instance to earn reps in with Tabard.

The Argent Crusade you first meet in Zul'Dark and do quests and earn reps there, plus the daily quest for reps. Then you meet them again in Icecrown 77+ zone for quest availability and all the quests are in same area relatively which if all done will earn you at least Honored and about 1/4 way to Revered. Rest of reps you have to Champion with their Tabard to Revered to get Helm Enchant.

You can then switch back Tabard and earn reps with Wyrmrest Accord to Revered for reps and pick up the other gear pieces if needed as well do the daily quest which give reps.

As fat as the 1H Blade you can get from Knights of the Ebon Blade faction. If you run Hall of Lightning you will easily get the "Eternally Folded Blade" which is much better. I've seen it drop over 3 times now.

If your running CoT-Stratholmes Past you will pickup some very nice Defense Plate gear in Leggings, Shield from quest and drop. A shoulder drop as well from the trash there is awesome. You will get those probably before you even reach Revered with Wyrmrest Accord faction. However the faction gear pieces offer some options in gear if later you have enough Defense.

The Sons of Hodir faction is in the very last zone of Storm Peaks and they have the Shoulder enchant from faction. They will undoubtedly take the longest to gain reps with as a faction as you start at "Hated" with the faction. You also have to start a long quest chain of over 20 quests or so just to get Friendly.

When you do daily Dungeons you medal reward you can pick a specific faction and use it for reps to count to that major factions on medal turn in at that faction QM.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

inscriptions

Postby Kurgen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:44 am

I know that there are inscriptor only shoulder enchants, but are there boe ones to sell as well?
Image Image
Kurgen

Postby Maethoriel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Rorshach wrote:
Maethoriel wrote:Oracles for Mysterious Egg which, if comments are true, will hatch to Proto-Drake Whelp.

Yes I did see that, and while cool what does it have to do with being a tank? [grin]

Both is fun? :)
Maethoriel

Postby Saphier » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:10 pm

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44112 is sold by the oracle quartermaster, but is currently bugged and does not have a rep requirement. You still need friendly to buy them though.

Also, a suggestion: Champion either the Kirin Tor or the Wyrmrest Accord. It is easy to get to revered with both The Knights of The Ebon Blade and The Argent Crusade through quests alone, and there is not any epic tanking gear for either faction at exalted. The Kirin Tor on the other hand has relatively few quests but an epic reward at exalted, while the Wyrmrest Accord has blue rewards at Honored and Revered, but not enough quests to get you to honored (ignoring dailies) even as a human.
Saphier

Postby Archimeades » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:50 am

Where'd the faction gear go? I was inspired by this list to write up a similar guide for boomkins. I started it on Friday, and when I went to finish it today I see wowhead is no longer listing most of the gear under each faction. Is Bliz redoing a whole bunch of the rep items, or is wowhead just having issues?
Archimeades

Postby Pizbit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Archimeades wrote:Where'd the faction gear go? I was inspired by this list to write up a similar guide for boomkins. I started it on Friday, and when I went to finish it today I see wowhead is no longer listing most of the gear under each faction. Is Bliz redoing a whole bunch of the rep items, or is wowhead just having issues?

Think it's wowhead semi-merging 3.0 stuff and not wotlk stuff.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Capot » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:33 am

Don't know if this will help you- but I started to put together this list for myself. I know it's not complete at this time.

Pre-raid tanking gear and where to get it-

Back:
Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions (Wyrmrest Accord [H])
Flowing Cloak of Command (CoT: Stratholme - Salramm - L78)
Cloak of the Enemy (Nexus [heroic])
Tattered Castle Drape (unknown location)

Neck:
Amulet of Wills (Halls of Stone - L78)
Titanium Earthguard Chain (Jewelcrafting)
Pendant of the Nathrezim (CoT: Strat [heroic] - Mal'ganis)
Burning Skull Pendant (unknown location)

Head:
Tempered Titansteel Helm (Blacksmith)
Armored Titanium Goggles (Engineering)
Helm of the Ley-Guardian (The Oculus - Cache of Eregos)

Chest:
Ivory Reinforced Chestguard (Kalu'Ak[H])
Breastplate of the Solemn Council (Wyrmrest Accord[R])

Shoulder:
Crusader's Square Pauldrons (CoT:Strat - trash loot - L78)
Iron Dwarf Smith Pauldrons (Halls of Lightning [heroic])
Pauldrons of the Colossus (unknown location)
Glimmershell Shoulder Protectors (sold by Geen of Oracles)

Wrist:
Bracers of the Herald (Ahn'kahet [heroic] - Herald Volazj)
Tempered Saronite Bracers ( Blacksmithing - L77)
Bindings of Dark Will (CoT: Strat [heroic] - Salramm the Fleshcrafter)
Svala's Bloodied Shackles (Utgarde Pinnacle [heroic] - Svala Sorrowgrave)

Hands:
Horn-Tipped Gauntlets (Gundrak? [heroic] - unknown boss)
Fireproven Gauntlets (Kirin Tor[E])
Giant-Sized Gauntlets (Frenzyheart[R])
Daunting Handguards (Blacksmithing - L78)
Tempered Saronite Gauntlets (Blacksmithing - L78)

Waist:
Ancient Aligned Girdle (Azjol-Nerub [heroic] - Anub'arak)
Skadi's Iron Belt (Utgarde Pinnacle [heroic] - Skadi the Ruthless)
Waistguard of the Risen Knight (unknown location)

Legs:
Daunting Legplates (Blacksmith L78)
Special Issue Legplates (Argent Crusade)
Legplates of the Infinite Drakonid (CoT: Strat [heroic] - Chrono-Lord Epoch)
Ley-Guardian's Legguards (unknown location L78)

Feet:
Tempered Titansteel Treads (Blacksmith)
Toxin-Tempered Sabatons (Knights of the Ebon Blade[H])
Sabatons of Draconic Vigor (Wyrmrest Accord[R])
Slaughterhouse Sabatons (Stratholme Past - Meathook-L78)

Weapon:
Eternally Folded Blade (Hall of Lightning - Volkan - Def. Weapon)
Red Sword of Courage (Utgarde Pinnacle [heroic] - unknown boss - Def. Weapon)
Infantry Assault Blade (Utgarde Pinnacle [heroic] - Prince Keleseth - Def. Weapon)

Shield:
Titansteel Shield Wall (Blacksmith)
Royal Crest of Lordaeron (CoT: Strat [heroic] - Mal'Ganis)
Leeka's Shield (CoT: Strat - Mal'Ganis - L78)

Ring:
Keystone Great-Ring (Drak'Tharon Keep [heroic] - dodge)
Unsmashable Heavy Band (unknown location)
Woeful Band (Halls of Stone [heroic] - Maiden of Stone)
Dragonflight Great-Ring (The Oculus - Cache of Eregos)

*edited to add linkages from wotlk.wowhead.com
Capot - 70 Prot. Pally - Windrunner U.S.
Capot

Postby Rorshach » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 pm

Cool thanks Capot.

I am going to update this by the end of the week. Usually I have time to work on this while I am at work but work is unusually busy at the moment.

Sometimes I can't do the work on what I want to work on while I am at work and it makes me want to kick work's ass.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Bhall » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:48 am

Anyone can write the list of the instances and the reputation we will be getting there?
Bhall

Postby Hierax » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:18 am

Is it possible to get Honored with Wyrmrest at level 78 ??

I've not seen anything other than the initial chains from the central tower to bump our faction. I'm only 76...trying to plan that I'm Honored when I ding 78.

Any long chains coming out of any other places in the Blight which give faction ??
Hierax

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK