Question for US players

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Question for US players

Postby fiorina » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 am

Since I am moving long term to US/Mexico
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fGl9587X8 )

I am going to re-create my paladin (and tauren warrior just in case) on US servers. I prefer PvE (rather high-end) and decent BG without a queues. Any recommendation or general suggestions? What server or BG would you hit? :) Are there east/west coast servers?

Thanks!
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Ana » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:17 am

There are servers in every US time zone.
Anathematic / Megalomania / Tohuvabohu / Surrealistic
Ana

Re: Question for US players

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:19 am

fiorina wrote:Since I am moving long term to US/Mexico
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fGl9587X8 )

I am going to re-create my paladin (and tauren warrior just in case) on US servers. I prefer PvE (rather high-end) and decent BG without a queues. Any recommendation or general suggestions? What server or BG would you hit? :) Are there east/west coast servers?

Thanks!

I have no recommendation on Server or Battlegroup, but wowwiki does the have US servers broken up by timezones.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Realms_list
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:23 am

Mmm, thats a news for me. I see servers with decent progress mostly in Central timezone. Is it a coincidence or people tend to join central time server to be able to recruit both from east and west?
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Tirion » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:27 am

Ner'zhul has 2 horde guilds kill/attempting KJ, we just had a 6/6 alliance guild transfer over, and we already had 2 alliance guilds 5/6

our progression is pretty good and pugging things aren't terrible if you put a little effort into armorying.

we also have another random 10 guilds in BT as well as a handful of horde guilds in BT

Ner'zhul is a pacific time zone gmt -8
Tirion

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:28 am

fiorina wrote:Mmm, thats a news for me. I see servers with decent progress mostly in Central timezone. Is it a coincidence or people tend to join central time server to be able to recruit both from east and west?

Blizzard actually stopped publishing which servers were in which timezone because the coastal servers were getting hammered. I'm on a central timezone server now because they opened up transfers to them from the overpopulated servers. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, or if it is coincidence
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:29 pm

The reckoning battle group has some queues on the alliance side but I hear the horde have it pretty well on my battle group. They usually win all the BGs but AV (go alliance).
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:33 pm

I've been on Mannoroth, Warsong, Stormreaver, and Shattered Hand. They're all PvP, but I'd recommend all but Warsong.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Selinaria » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:38 pm

Majiben wrote:The reckoning battle group has some queues on the alliance side but I hear the horde have it pretty well on my battle group. They usually win all the BGs but AV (go alliance).

Reckoning isn't bad for BG queues horde side and we do win our fair share of everything but AV, I agree.

Just do not come to Nathrezim if you really wanna be at the top end of pve, Months Behind is pretty much the only guild that progresses to any real extent horde side although Purple Train isn't bad.....if you like drama.
Selinaria

Return to General