Remove Advertisements

Teron Gorefiend

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Belarkan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Rónin wrote:Ok, I have to admit that we just got him to 49%, as people were really lacking on the construct job, so the fight will put more and more restrain onto our healers, later on in the fight. But, then I have my Ironshield, Nightmare Seeds, LoH, HS and pots. My health pool is up to >20k on the fight in a guarenteed raid buff situation (without shout). So, what do you think, do I take too much damage for the fight?

I noticed that too.
Average 7K, max 10K.

I didn't care about HS, IS pot or whatever, I just was full playing with my CDs to maximize my threat (got 535 dps, 4'43 long).

Did I miss something or should I have cared about something on top of just tanking the boss ?
Belarkan

Postby Azulito » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:04 am

Belarkan wrote:
Rónin wrote:Ok, I have to admit that we just got him to 49%, as people were really lacking on the construct job, so the fight will put more and more restrain onto our healers, later on in the fight. But, then I have my Ironshield, Nightmare Seeds, LoH, HS and pots. My health pool is up to >20k on the fight in a guarenteed raid buff situation (without shout). So, what do you think, do I take too much damage for the fight?

I noticed that too.
Average 7K, max 10K.

I didn't care about HS, IS pot or whatever, I just was full playing with my CDs to maximize my threat (got 535 dps, 4'43 long).

Did I miss something or should I have cared about something on top of just tanking the boss ?

keeping HS up is always a main priority... especially on bosses that crush... hard.

he can effectively 1shot you if he crushes you while you are getting hit with shadow cloud crap. even moreso if he parries you too, or if there's a construct nearing the raid and smacking the shit out of you from behind.
Azulito

Postby Belarkan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:36 pm

Azulito wrote:
Belarkan wrote:

I noticed that too.
Average 7K, max 10K.

keeping HS up is always a main priority... especially on bosses that crush... hard.

he can effectively 1shot you if he crushes you while you are getting hit with shadow cloud crap. even moreso if he parries you too, or if there's a construct nearing the raid and smacking the shit out of you from behind.

HS stands for HealthStone here. Holy shield isn't really a situational tool such as those mentioned (Ironshield, nightmare seeds and so on).
On 1000 hits, ~350 landed and 5 were crushes, 4 of them was because I've been messing with my CDs (all the same try) and 1 was due to latency (holy shield refreshed immediatly, but crush landed anyway).
Belarkan

Postby Azulito » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:36 am

Belarkan wrote:
Azulito wrote:
Belarkan wrote:

I noticed that too.
Average 7K, max 10K.

HS stands for HealthStone here. Holy shield isn't really a situational tool such as those mentioned (Ironshield, nightmare seeds and so on).
On 1000 hits, ~350 landed and 5 were crushes, 4 of them was because I've been messing with my CDs (all the same try) and 1 was due to latency (holy shield refreshed immediatly, but crush landed anyway).

my mistake :oops: being drunk + misreading.

like i said before, IS pots are meh, i use destro pots here. and healthstones < Nightmare seeds especially on this fight.

what i did while my guild was learning the fight:

mostly "maintank" gearz
IS pots
Nightmare seeds
Avoidance trinket + commendation
stacked a group for mitigation/healing (druid, enhance shammy, imp devo holy pally, etc)

what i do now:
threat gearz (still uncrushable)
destro pots
nightmare seedz only towards the end, or if one of my main healers gets constructs.
ashtongue trink + JC stam/int spell dmg use trink
3 BM hunters and a resto shammy... or 2 BMs and a holydin with sanc aura :) (he hooks me up sometimes lol)

i found that as a tank this fight is total easysauce, assuming your healers are awake. and your raid isn't full of fail people that can't kill constructs.

Edit: btw, i muster up the balls to toss an AS every CD now lol... i try to time his swing... sometimes he hits me :twisted:
Azulito

Previous

Return to Black Temple