Tanking Brutallus: Gearing for it, and surviving it.

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Joanadark » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:36 am

Was wondering, is it possible to start off with the first tank getting 2 stacks of the debuff, and the other tank taunting right after the first stomp and getting 3x lashes. Then rince and repeat and you would only hit the "stomp+tank" phase on the 5. one.

Thats what youre supposed to be doing.
Are people NOT doing that?
thats what I always did.
hmm.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Amarant_Pally » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:17 am

Starting serious attempts on Brut soon. Discussion has been held over War/Dru or War/Pala.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Vyndrian

Any significant concerns on my part? Helm stays the same till Illy drops his; alternate rings are ZA 3-chest or TK trash (stupid Morogrim Tidewalker). Alternate trinket is Morose Watch.
Last edited by Amarant_Pally on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:26 am

You could use a better belt but your gear is fine as it is.

You actually have more HP than me o_O
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amarant_Pally » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:07 am

Worldie wrote:You could use a better belt but your gear is fine as it is.

You actually have more HP than me o_O

I have the Gurtogg (Pally) belt "Girdle of Mighty Resolve." Would you suggest that instead? I was guessing the +dodge from Iron-tusk would be favorable.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:09 am

The additional armor and block value are imho better than a few dodge. It's less than 1% difference iirc anyway
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amarant_Pally » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:14 am

Wow you're fast. OK, great, thanks! I'm hoping I get stuck tanking, as the decision is either me Ret or Prot, and the Fruid either Kitty or Bear. My Ret set is kinda...slacking, so I doubt I'd have the DPS to guarantee my spot. Hoping insta-gibs don't sway the opinion! Thanks again for a useful thread.

Oh yeah...WTB Mother Sharaz libram, instead of that freaking Rogue sword 5 times in a row.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Kurvia » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:34 pm

This post delivers and reason Brut is dead this reset on ER

THANK YOU WORLDIE!!!
Kurvia

Postby thomase » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:15 am

Anyone else having issues with omen? Lately (last 2-3 weeks) I haven't been registering a taunt on a mob (ie: I don't inherit the threat from the other tank).
thomase

Postby Elsie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Anyone else having issues with omen? Lately (last 2-3 weeks) I haven't been registering a taunt on a mob (ie: I don't inherit the threat from the other tank).

update both your omen(s).

Not like threat is an issue with a paladin though =)
Elsie

Postby Corvass » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:44 am

We're starting tries on Brutallus tonight, so I'm looking to see where I can improve my gear.

http://twilightshammer-eu.warcrafter.net/Corvass

Besides the gear there I have access to the Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor, Unbreakable Will, Band of the Eternal Defender, Libram of Repentance, Tome of the Lightbringer and pretty much every relevant trinket. Anyone have any suggestions what to use?
Corvass

Postby Base » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:55 am

So I'm tanking Brut tonight for the first time (we've killed him 4 times before but usually with warrior/druid) and need to build myself an imba tank group.

DPS isn't usually an issue for us and I don't see me building threat as an issue, so what I'm after is a group that reduces the chance of me being smushed.

So I'm thinking:

Warrior Tank (For Comm Shout)
Me
Lock (with imp imp)
Shammy dropping Grace of Air Totem
Resto Druid for ToL

So who should the other be? Any other totems to help (Guessing Stone skin is pretty pointless)?

Any other changes?

We do have a Ret pally - but he'll cry if he's not in the enh shammy's group.
Base

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:45 am

Corvass, your avoidance is quite low with the set i see in the armory.

The inscribed legplates will for sure be better than T6 just for the additional stamina... trinkets, you should probably want 2x avoidance instead of 2x stamina.

Base, i never had any of the following in my group:
- Imp
- Devo aura
- Shaman
- Resto druid

I occasionally had commanding shout tho :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Corvass » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:52 am

So, more like this then I suppose?

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/114385

Would you suggest Unbreakable Will over Hammer of Judgement or is the threat hit too severe to consider that?
Corvass

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:04 am

Your threat would take a horrible hit, better not.

Yes that setup looks much better. Eventually adjust something to reach 21k+ HP raidbuffed.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Corvass » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:31 am

This setup reaches 21.3k with Commanding Shout, Kings, MotW, PWF, food and flask and since I'll be running with a warrior tank that should be fine, shouldn't it? I'd have to get the T6 bracers to be able to swap out my helm for the Illidan helm should I get it, and we had like 15 people who use conqueror last night so that could take a bit of time ^^
Corvass

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau