Remove Advertisements

Heroic Mech

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Mech

Postby amalah » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:05 am

First of all im a long time reader of Maintankadin.

My question is why does every one say that heroic mech is easy? Now i know my gear is not the best but i was able to take heroic SH like it was on normal so i would have thought that mech would be cake. I had a ret pally, holy preist, DPS feril drood, and a Enhancement shammy. Now i was buffed to well over 300 SD and around 13k HP and 13k armor. we did the first pull and we got the 3 elfs easy. then we pull the robot and we wipe. so we do it again and me and the druid die but the robot dies. So moving on i get the next group by the ramp and pull the robot too so its 2 elfs and the robot. for some reason i can't keep aggro on the robot even with the ret pally judging SotC adn me doing Cons and spamming JoR and HS. RF was on but the preist dies and then so do the rest of us. at this point the shammy calls it quits and the group falls apart. now im not sure if its my fault from gear or what? talking to the druid after he said it was not my fault it was just bad group makeup but i wanted to ask you guys.

Is there something that you know of taht i might have been doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,

Phoenixstars of SOE
amalah

Postby Rehlachs- » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:23 am

on heroic mode the robots deal a huge amount of magical damage. since it's a cast you are able to interrupt it (rogue -> kick, f.e.) or stun the robot (Hammer of Justice). With the given group you would be able to deal with these mobs properly as long you know what to do (stunning/interrupting the robots).

pulling is almost impossible for paladins in some parts of Mechanar - for example after the ramp you mentioned.

the priest got aggro from healing? in your current gear you will probably take a huge amount of damage when you are tanking whole packs of mobs without using crowd control. the priest was able to keep you alive, but he had to heal that much that you weren't able to keep up with the healing threat he got on the adds.
Rehlachs-

Postby Voxe » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:27 am

I have both a Holy Priest and Prot Pally and ran H.Mech on both.

I can say that the robots hit quite hard, somewhere betweend 2k and 3.5k per hit. the Holy priest will need at least some 1200 +heal to keep you up reasonably safe.

If the Ret pally was Judging Crusader and you are Judging Righteousness whenever possible and keep consecration up, but you still keep loosing aggro: DPS error!

Looking at the DPS, they are all three very much dependant on crit dmg. seem like they were overcritting your aggro.

The first few pulls are quite tricky but you need to be careful not to pull 2 groups or you could be in trouble.
Voxe

Postby Dendrah » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:39 am

About the robots:
Stun and arcane torement will help you interrupt his fist. I'm a bit less squishy then you but they still hit like a truck if I let them lose on it.

About your group:
I may be wrong about every single member of your group but what I see is 3 utility guys. That makes for a good start of a 25 man raid but is not so good for 5-manners. Try bringing a lock or mage next time and you'll do fine.
Dendrah

Postby majiben » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:07 am

Also you didn't bring a warlock for the enslave of the aoe demons :-D. That alone makes the instance much easier. Also it was your first time doing it. Once you now all the mobs and their nasty tendicies it will be much easier. I highly suggest you read up on both trash mobs and bosses before trying an unknown instance.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Sederia » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:13 am

I have more wipes on the area leading to the 1st stone holder than I do on the whole rest of H-Mech, including the firewhore :lol:

the robots as noted, any form of stun/interupt helps

the Lock for enslaving the demons is bonus, if you don't have one mark kill order and order ranged dps on them in order
pop wings, chuck you shield, fire off exorcism and charge
jump around like a spaz on crack spamming concecrate and judgement... I tend to lose argo on each one JUST as it dies but i'm usually the only one taking dmg and it's not full burst(sure it takes 30 seconds longer...)... aggro loss due to lack of holy shield procs, auto attack, etc(and it's always the mage that steals it)
Sederia

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 pm

I find it easy because it's a quick and simple instance. There aren't too many complicated pulls.

The robots can hit really hard, particularly the second type (can't remember the name) that do charged fist. Save your stun on them for any time your health dips too low. They don't have burst, but they have a high and steady amount of damage.

The bomber packs often wipe a group. A warlock can practically solo them, but if you drop your consecrate on them and then move around you can avoid some of the bombs.

I'm not sure why you were going down. DPS should not be pulling aggro from you because they are watching their threat meters. Try stunning near the start of the pulls to reduce damage until one of them is dead. And don't forget you can run out. :D
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:19 pm

I found Mechanar very intimidating at first. The beginning room is tricky unless you figure out the pull order. I had line of sight issues getting at the two mini-bosses. The grenadier demon packs are still a threat.

A couple of things I found made it much easier:

(1) the first room pull. Wiped too many times here because I pulled two groups together. The robots have a "call for friends" cry, so need to be tanked well back from others (towards the door).

The layout of the first room is like this, there are five "groups" (a solo robot = a group in Mech) in a straight line

left elves -- left robot -- center robot -- right robot -- right elves

What I do:
>>Pull left elves while left robot has gone to rear
>> Pull left robot
>> pull center robot while right robot has gone to rear
>> Pull right elves while right robot has gone to rear
>> Pull right robot

That should clear first room without bringing in two groups. You should never have to fight robots and elves together in Mech - that's a sign of a bad pull.

(2) avoid the right.

I could not get a good view of the right side after the first room, so I read up and found out a way to clear the bottom bypassing the right mobs

(a) go left. Kill 2 elves, then patrolling robot (or vv), and 2 more elves. The when you hit a small upward ramp, hang on the right most side wall so you can just see the mini-boss. Pull him and kill him without first engaging any other mobs up beyond the small ramp.

(b) work your way down the left and round towards the main boss on the right. At lot of clearing, but only one group on the right side proper needs to be cleared to get to the first proper boss. Station your party back on the left stairs you came down on - tell them you will bring the boss to them. (Tell them minus charges move down stairs, plus move up). Shield pull boss and run hell for leather back to stairs. Stand on side of stairs and tank boss so he is below you. That way his bombs bounce off the stair walls harmlessly.

ie like this:

T || B
+ || *
+ || *

T= you, B= boss, * =bombs, ||=side of the stairs, +- = your party members

(3) Once boss is dead, you can kill right hand side mini-boss without killing any of the mobs on the right.

Also, save the nethermancer till last (she is harder) and know that you can run back and go down the lift if you are getting overwhelmed by the "event" on the way to the last boss. Going down the lift leaves spawned mobs stationary and much easier to deal with (groups you killed stay dead despite this "reseting" of the event).
econ21

Postby guillex » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:32 pm

econ21 wrote:left elves -- left robot -- center robot -- right robot -- right elves

What I do:
>> Pull left robot
>> Pull right robot

Sorry, but I'm going to call shenanigans on this one. Why would you want to clear both sides?

Run up to AS range of the center robot, wait for both robot pats to leave.

AS center robot, pull to door, kill

AS left elves, bring down the stairs, kill

AS left robot, bring back to the first curvature in the wall, kill.

Then go along your merry way, sticking to the left wall.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Guillex wrote:
econ21 wrote:left elves -- left robot -- center robot -- right robot -- right elves

What I do:
>> Pull left robot
>> Pull right robot

Sorry, but I'm going to call shenanigans on this one. Why would you want to clear both sides?

Run up to AS range of the center robot, wait for both robot pats to leave.

AS center robot, pull to door, kill

AS left elves, bring down the stairs, kill

AS left robot, bring back to the first curvature in the wall, kill.

Then go along your merry way, sticking to the left wall.

I used to do the left elves before the middle robot, but I recently switched because the elves are more annoying to pull when waiting for the other robot to pat.

Once you get the hang of the place the pulls are pretty quick and simple.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:47 pm

I know, Spectrum ... That's why I said middle 'bot first.

Easier that way.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Sederia » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 pm

just don't take a +800heal resto shammy as your healer :( made for a rough run
Sederia

Postby econ21 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Guillex wrote:Sorry, but I'm going to call shenanigans on this one. Why would you want to clear both sides?

You are right, there's no good reason to clear both sides. It's just that the robots have a fairly large aggro range and once my party accidentally aggro'd the right robot while I was trying to persuade them to go left. (Most people are used to going right, it seems.) So to avoid a repeat, I just clear the whole room. Gives a new PUG a feeling of confidence before introducing them to the idea of skipping lots of mobs.

Your way of clearing the left is identical to mine, I think.
econ21

Postby Sederia » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 am

econ21 wrote:I was trying to persuade them to go left. (Most people are used to going right, it seems.)

lol on Dalaran, if I even mention or try to go right, they look at me like I have 3 heads

now left on the other hand they are trying to go before me
Sederia

Postby majiben » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 am

The left path might have less trash but the right path has easier pulls. For your first few times I suggest you go right.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics