Remove Advertisements

Shield of Righteousness

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fizikz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Selinaria wrote:Another nice item to get is the Libram of Obstruction. Though the tooltip says 186, you get 352 from it. I was getting over 7k crits with the new version of shield slap vs. Sapphiron last night because of buffs. Lavanthor's Talisman might just have to be next on my list of things to pick up though hmmm.

I don't know how low the drop rate on that trinket will be but the one issue is there are 6 bosses in Violet Hold and of those 2 are randomly selected as the first 2 bosses so you can go a lot of runs without actually seeing Lavanthor.

7k? is that because of some fight specific mechanic (like curator, etc) or is that actually normally attainable? what's the average BV like at 80?
Sexual Harassment is the new Purple.
-Vanifae
fizikz

Postby Caelia » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:09 pm

Jensaarai wrote:
Selinaria wrote:Another nice item to get is the Libram of Obstruction. Though the tooltip says 186, you get 352 from it. I was getting over 7k crits with the new version of shield slap vs. Sapphiron last night because of buffs. Lavanthor's Talisman might just have to be next on my list of things to pick up though hmmm.

I don't know how low the drop rate on that trinket will be but the one issue is there are 6 bosses in Violet Hold and of those 2 are randomly selected as the first 2 bosses so you can go a lot of runs without actually seeing Lavanthor.

Wait, really?

Is this true for Mother's libram as well?

I dont think it is, its kind of pointless to give a level 70 libram the same stats as a level 80 one, which is why we can assume that this new blue libram has a bug in which the increase says it is lower than actually is.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Selinaria » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:15 pm

fizikz wrote:

7k? is that because of some fight specific mechanic (like curator, etc) or is that actually normally attainable? what's the average BV like at 80?

We have a very nice scaling threat ability with Shield Of Righteousness. The buffs that I had, things like kings and horn of winter certainly help, but also the fact that Ebon Plaguebringer, Curse of Elements and Earth and Moon will all be modified ( or have been) to affect holy damage as well. I may be exaggerating and might have had wings up at the time but I now regularly crit for 4-5k with ShoR unbuffed (difference is if I have 352 BV from libram up at time) so 7k buffed is not too hard to imagine. The fact that our shield slam doesn't get mitigated by armor and also has more potential scaling modifiers from raid buffs such as the 13% from the above effects leads to great damage with ShoR in a raid.

Jensaarai wrote: Wait, really?

Is this true for Mother's libram as well?

It is just a tooltip error for the new libram. Mother libram works exactly as listed, new one gives 352 BV (says it in the buff and confirmed in character sheet).
Selinaria

Previous

Return to WotLK