Remove Advertisements

My new UI =]

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

My new UI =]

Postby Blue » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:09 am

This isnt a paladin UI so I thought it'd be better to make a new thread for it rather then add to the huge 77 page thread for Tankadin UI's

Personally i've fallen in love with this UI and its clean minimalness, its not 100% done tho as im still configuring Omen and DPS meters to fit with the style. just trying to figure out how to make KGpanels only show a panel in a party.

Criticism, rants, flames and punches to the face are all welcome, just do it in a tasteful manner =]
Blue - 70 Tankadin - Zenedar
Blue

Postby Levantine » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:17 am

Not a fan of the chatbox buttons there. Get Chatter or Prat.

Should also hide the top Fubar panel.

Don't know why you've got the buttons on the minimap like that either. Should at least reskin them to fit with the rest of the UI.
Levantine

Postby Blue » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:31 am

I prefer to have Fubar shown as it normally has other things showing on it, as for the minimap buttons I normally dont have any showing but a few are on there since i've been making my UI.

The chat buttons.... dont see why I need ANOTHER addon to just hide some buttons... they hardly Detract your attention from the rest of the UI
Blue

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:23 am

I like the clean lines. I might try something similar.

The problem I often have with making my UI uncluttered is the number of buttons I have (five bars + menu + bags). I could probably get rid of some of those because I so rarely use them.

I also have to have my 10 fubar plugins for interfacing with ClosetGnome, Grid, Recount, and tracking XP, Durability, Time, etc etc.

I think I'm inspired to do another pass on my UI tonight.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Flipthebird » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Blue wrote:I prefer to have Fubar shown as it normally has other things showing on it, as for the minimap buttons I normally dont have any showing but a few are on there since i've been making my UI.

The chat buttons.... dont see why I need ANOTHER addon to just hide some buttons... they hardly Detract your attention from the rest of the UI

What I believe Lev was getting at was, it's not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

If you're only going to functionality, what you have is just fine.

If you're going to functionality + aesthetics, then you would need to make any unnecessary buttons/bars/etc...invisible. FuBar can be made to only be shown when you hover over it. The chatbox buttons can be replaced with your scrollwheel on your mouse. There's an addon for your minimap buttons that will place them all in a minimap button 'bag' that when hovered over will expand to show your buttons.

Basically those few things just don't seem to fit the 'flow' of the rest of your UI.

Keep at it, though...it's gettin' there!
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Postby Levantine » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:02 pm

He doesn't even have to hide the minimap buttons, just reskin them.

The general theme of the interface is a nice one (even if I'm not a fan of the green), but they're just there, and the different texture is jarring to the eye and spoils the entire thing.

Much the same with the chat box. Those buttons are ugly, and they don't do anything your mouse can't. Also, with a mod you can change the font into something that fits with the rest of the interface.
Levantine

Postby Blue » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:08 am

Well... Still not going to change it as for me theres a functionaly/aesthetic border, and im already running too many mods for this UI as it is in my opinion
Blue

Postby Levantine » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:11 pm

You asked for constructive feedback, I gave it.

I could have said, LOLOLOL IT'S UGLY, WTF GREEN?!?! UR DUMB, but I didn't.
Levantine

Postby _Chloe » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:18 pm

<3 Lev. You are here when I cannot be.
_Chloe

Postby Levantine » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:39 pm

_Chloe wrote:<3 Lev. You are here when I cannot be.

Always happy to help. I'm going to claim deputy status of this forum as well, under your sherif. :P
Levantine

Postby AusDante » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:32 pm

Hey Blue, it looks really good.
So where can I grab a copy from ;)
AusDante

Postby eXa » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:50 pm

u can use minimapbuttonframe to arange the buttons over the minimap or something...
eXa

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros