Tank of choise

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tank of choise

Postby Dendrah » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 am

We're going to hit SSC tonight. Our normal MT's didn't sign so it is down to me, my tankadin buddy and our raid alliance tank. The website quote our raid alliance tank higher then the both of us. But I don't like his stats. Can you guys help me out? Which of us is more suited for Lurker and Morrogrimm?

Me:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&n=Denby

My tankadin buddy Xandros:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&n=Xandros

Our raid alliance warrior tank:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&n=Tekkon

Why I ask:
I'm mostly worried about their avoidance. I'm 2+% above both of them. The warrior should be able to crank out some more threat but then I rarely threatcap more then our imba fury warrior.
Also on EH I'm not to far behind on the warrior. But then he's aTauren :)

Please share me your thoughts.
Dendrah

Postby Stings » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:17 am

Your avoidance is almost the same, 2% doesnt change the world :) He has 700 hp more and is a warrior and 500 armor. I'd go with the warrior sadly since if played well he will generate the most threat and has the best oh shit buttons. You have been out-classed like many of us in the past :)
Stings

Postby Dendrah » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:27 am

What has the "He is a warrior" to do with it? The good old "defensive stance vs imp rightious fury and ardent defender"?

And if 2% avoidance doesn't matter that much then how come we don't just grab def cap and stack stamina? Can you explain yourself a bit better plz?
Dendrah

Postby ulushnar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:33 am

For SSC, it doesn't matter too much. Both of you pretty much outgear the place (it was tuned to be cleared up to Vashj in T4). You've both badged yourself past the point you need to worry about it.

Ultimately your group should go with whoever they feel most comfortable with. Your gear's equivalent and I really wouldn't say either of you outclassed the other for SSC.

There's no reason you can't take turns on bosses. Back when I was doing SSC, me and the Warrior used to /roll for Lurker, I'd take Leo (best burst threat and ability to kill my Inner Demon in tank gear), he'd take Morogrim, (since I was on adds) and I'd usually take the Hunter at Karathress (burst aggro + Aoe to grab the pet).
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dendrah » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:39 am

Thanks Ulus. I guess we'll go rolling for it tonigh :) (If that fucking DPS bothers showing up that is)
Dendrah

Postby Stings » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:53 am

Dendrah wrote:What has the "He is a warrior" to do with it? The good old "defensive stance vs imp rightious fury and ardent defender"?

And if 2% avoidance doesn't matter that much then how come we don't just grab def cap and stack stamina? Can you explain yourself a bit better plz?

The 2% avoidance isnt the end of the world since it just means that 1/25 hits will hit him and not you. What really does matter is the fact that he has last stand/ shield wall and better threat generation.

As Ulushnar said you are both far beyond entry level gear and can do it, but you asked for which tank we would go with, and I'd go with the warrior :-)

In tbc paladins arent made for MT'ing. There are fights were we really shine like Morogrim, Leo, Felmyst, M'uru, KJ and probably some in between, and there isnt really any mathmatical sence in us tanking anything else. So i stick to those fights and go ret on the rest i like using multiple specs anyways :-)
Stings

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern