Remove Advertisements

Tanking Illidan Stormrage - A guide for protection Paladins

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:06 pm

Worldie wrote:Just stack *more* avoidance.
Shouldn't it become EASIER since the def->dodge change gave us a net increase of avoidance, and part of it isn't miss/block?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:10 pm

He was referring to the fact that some gear had its defense reduced.

Yes the 5% dodge instead of 20 defense is an advantage for this
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:11 pm

Enkal wrote:Got gibbed by him after the stun at 30%.. 9.2k + 4.7k + 9.7k in 3 seconds once. :roll:

3 seconds is an eternity. Tell your shamans and druids to have a NS heal ready, and be ready to pop LoH.

3 seconds isn't a gib. Wait until you meet Mr. Brutallus. That's a gib.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby caboom » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Succesufully tanked Illidan last night, after 5 hours of wipes either in p2 or me getting gibed on enrages. I gotta say i did it with less total buffed hp that Worldie suggests(had 18.7k) but with about 20k armor buffed with devo up, it was a complete success as in all the tries i didn't get any sheers :D

However i have a questions i got gibbed once by a 13k mh + 6k oh, was that because some debuff was missing? It was the only time we didn't manage to figure out why i died.

Ty for the effort u put in it guys <3
caboom

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:40 am

That's basically what he hits for.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:31 am

You got gibbed because of the low HP.

The reason for which i recommend 20k+ HP is actually to survive a enraged MH + OH hit :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:46 am

Worldie wrote:You got gibbed because of the low HP.

The reason for which i recommend 20k+ HP is actually to survive a enraged MH + OH hit :)

ye that's what i told my MT when he asked me to do it, and he said "let's try", but after that death, i always had ironshields up in p5 and nightmare seed on every enrage, and i also told them to prioritise commanding shout and we managed to score the kill. :P

And i also got the chest yey!
caboom

Postby Magnusharkov » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:57 am

Just thought I would add my name to the list of progression pallies on Illidan. My pro tip is to try and use the pocket watch + empyrean tortoise on enrages, it kinda trivialises the enrage.
Last edited by Magnusharkov on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnusharkov

Postby Enkal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 am

2% wipe... TWO PERCENT!!! :cry:

I died at 8% after pulling him into a trap, ppl paniced and f****-ed up the parasites. :roll:

This week he goes down!!
Enkal

Postby Karador » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:59 am

Enkal wrote:2% wipe... TWO PERCENT!!! :cry:

I died at 8% after pulling him into a trap, ppl paniced and f****-ed up the parasites. :roll:

This week he goes down!!

Good Luck on the kill this week on him. Have a trinket / Nightmare seed ready for the enrages and forget the trap unless she drops it within like 5 steps from you. Just tell your healers to wake up and be ready for the spikes.
Karador

Postby Equitas » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Will be tanking illidan tommorow thx for this
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Enkal » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:03 am

Illidan down, my healers fail. Ghetto kill is still ghetto. :roll:

Well was fun to tank him on our progression kill at least. :)
Enkal

Postby Kurvia » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:41 pm

Used this guide and 2nd Try Illidian went down..won Faceplate.. excellent reward!

THANK YOU WORLDIE!!!
Kurvia

Postby Vasilissa » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:47 am

Tonight I will be tanking him (instead of warrior). Any feedback suggestions about my gear? Here is my armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =vasilissa

For sure I will use Naj'etus bracers on this fight, moroes watch instead of darkmoon card and libram of repetance. I also have supremus shoulders and pretorian legguards in stock. Any suggestions?
Vasilissa

Postby Slamdorff » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:22 am

Progression tanked Illidan to first kill sunday night.
Thx community for all tips and thx Worldie for this guide.
Tankadins do rock...
Slamdorff

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple