Curator?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Curator?

Postby Xhadrian » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:33 am

I know this is my second topic about bosses in the last couple days, but we are now stuck on Curator, I tanked him both times and after his first evocation it was whack,whack,whack,dead,wipe. Is their something I'm doing wrong or what can i do to tank this guy better we are reattempting him tonight and I believe we can get him, we have enough DPS. Also by my calculations I am at 101.47% avoidance, do I absolutely need to be 102.4%? And if so should i just let our warrior tank him, even though I don't want that :(

My Armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&n=Xhadrian
Warrior's Armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&n=Voltar
Xhadrian

Postby jere » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:43 am

The curator can hit hard at early gear levels. You really should be uncrushable. I am not saying it can't be done, cause you are really close, but if you are having trouble surviving the curator, then you should definitely try to get that last bit to be safe. You can turn some of those 9 stam gems into +12 stam gems, and then put a defense trinket in place of your DMFC:Vengeance until you have the gear you need to swap back. Some kara epics will soon put you over the top.

Something of note, the curator doesn't hit any harder after an evocate, so if you are dying after an evocate, then there is no fight mechanics related reason to it. The only time the damage to you increases is when he enrages at around 15% health. At that point, your healers should go into "spam heal the tank" mode.

One rule of thumb on the curator: If there is more than one astral flare up at a time, then your DPS needs to DPS faster/better. Otherwise, their chain magic attacks will quickly drain the raid's life bars and healers mana (from all the extra healing).
jere

Postby Darus » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:01 am

Its not your gear, i started out with similar gear 5months ago in karaz. But try popping a flask and some stam food for your hp pool to be more forgiving if healers cant cope.

I would see the problem as a healer issue though, maybe they arent popping enough mana pots etc to keep healing, at that gear level its a bit of a gear check, so consumables help.

Can also be bad positioning for the raid so they have to much dps to heal up around them. Keeping you up shouldnt be a big prob.
Darus

Postby Xhadrian » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:56 am

So having 101.47% avoidance means I'm still crushable? I thought 490 defense was uncrushable
Xhadrian

Postby Vanifae » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:58 am

Xhadrian wrote:So having 101.47% avoidance means I'm still crushable? I thought 490 defense was uncrushable

No just uncrittable, where are people getting this misinformation at?
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 am

whack,whack,whack,dead

If you're taking that many "whacks" before dying, then the problem is you not getting heals.

Make sure your healers top you off and HoT you up before he comes out of evocate and arent wasting their time and mana DPSing.

Another thing that might help is making sure you're facing him away from the whole group, so that everyone is attacking his back, including any hunter pets, elementals, or shadowfiends and the like that just kind of zerg towards a target unintellegently in a stright line.
If people are hitting from the front, parried attacks may be causing a burst, which may account for your problem.

I find it a lot easier to pull the boss out a little bit and get on the opposite side of him, facing him away, than trying to yell at everybody to reposition themselves if they absent mindedly attack the wrong side.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Return to Karazhan