Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:59 pm

The fact is most of us who have been on this forum for a while have learned one thing

Warriors are better end of story , it is not about dmg , hell its not about anything about the class , its about the mentality , the mentality wich our fellow raiders have , they can hide it well , but thats what they think in the end , and if their putting you to tank some bosses , wich on popular belief we suck for it means that either they :

A) Find you the most skilled and geared tank in the guild who has put the most effort

or B) Just want to let you have your fun in the game

In the end , we can come here after tanking sucesfully a hard boss like brutallus and say we are better then warriors but we are not , and thats what people truly belive in
Io.Draco

Postby Ankiseth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:13 pm

Io.Draco wrote:The fact is most of us who have been on this forum for a while have learned one thing

Warriors are better end of story , it is not about dmg , hell its not about anything about the class , its about the mentality , the mentality wich our fellow raiders have , they can hide it well , but thats what they think in the end , and if their putting you to tank some bosses , wich on popular belief we suck for it means that either they :

A) Find you the most skilled and geared tank in the guild who has put the most effort

or B) Just want to let you have your fun in the game

In the end , we can come here after tanking sucesfully a hard boss like brutallus and say we are better then warriors but we are not , and thats what people truly belive in

Amen :(

Warriors are the best atm actually. Just cuz of the way blizzard made 'em scale, made their gear, made the stupid devastate work.
Because they're the ONLY tanks who can debuff their own mobs.
Because their T6.5 is *amazing*.
Because the nonSpell Damage plate in SW has .5-2% more avoidance than the Spell damage stuff. PER PIECE.
Because of stupid Shield Wall/Last Stand.
Because 1k Base HP gives them a *lot* of freedom.
Because two defensive stats(agi/Block Val) translate very well into threat for them. Whereas we only get Agi(for a % of a % of our threat. whee)
Because they have Taunt and two temporary aggro moves(Challenging Shout/Mocking Blow).
Because their taunt isn't a buggy 15 sec CD that requires mobs to focus someone through server lag.

At least we got stables :\
Ankiseth

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm also quite surprised you held aggro with that sword.

Being 40/21 i run with stupid amounts of threat on that fight, over 1700 substained, 3kish with wings, and still i got the DPS riding my ass (2700ish DPS top at the moment).
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Er, not really sure how the DPS are riding you unless the other tank isn't pulling their weight. With ~1550 TPS sustained we kill him 45s to enrage and the next highest threat behind the tanks is at maybe 85% (usually our moonkin).

Still, I'm surprised your DPS didn't complain about your threat. That weapon is terrible really.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Mmm fairly possible what you said, it's now 3 or 4 kills that we don't have me + our prot war tanking Brutallus, i'll have to check the other tank's TPS next time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ankiseth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Don't forget that taunt artificially inflates TPS quite a bit for a short period of time.

So, spiking threat on a fight like brut isn't as impressive as it may seem. Unless the spikes occur well after a taunt.
Ankiseth

Postby fiorina » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:52 am

fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Helpunot » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Out of simple curiosity, I am wondering if I have been fed a line of BS by my guild. I am not used on the Brut fight over a Warrior who is pretty damn good (not complaining about him) and a druid who is sitting at 19.7k hp fully buffed (not in the tank group) because he says he has to stack more dodge. For a long time my gear was sub par thanks to an epgp system that was in effect long before I joined the guild and a forced move that made me have to afk for a week and a half + all the gear dropping that I needed right after I came back. Maybe I'm just being lazy and not reading enough of this post, but 30 pages and me ADD just says forget about it =D
Helpunot

Postby Elsie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:41 pm

You're lazy, and 19.7k hp is too low even for a druid.

Also sitting when you're new to a guild with adequate tanks is normal. Random loot is Random.
Elsie

Postby Helpunot » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:54 am

Actually not new to the guild. Been there since their original progression fights from vashj on. And yeah Im lazy but that is 30 pages and not sure if anyone else had said anything about this. Of course all the boss strats I have read say Warrior + Warrior or warrior + druid and we are never even mentioned in there. And oh yeah, I'm usually sittin around 23k with commanding shout but suppose I would be minus about 1.5 of that due to the need for avoidance trinkets. Oh well, I doubt I will ever get in for brut with the bad reputation we have vs hard hittin bosses. I'll check further into this forum to see if there are any meat and potatoes I can bring to the table to apply for a spot on brut, god knows I have earned it.
Helpunot

Postby Elsie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:20 am

Strategies have always said warrior + druid or warrior + warrior because tankadins have been subpar or ineffective from vanilla wow to the 2.3 patch. Unfortunately, the people who write those are idiots with their heads still in molten core. It's even commonly re-inforced since by the time paladins became on par the damage was done. You could just get a holy paladin to respec if it was necessary (wooo felmyst).

That's why we have this subforum =) For teh realz info. We're not bad even against hard hitting bosses at all. Just 'not as optimal' against slow hitting bosses. To reiterate earlier info you only need 22,250 HP without temp. buffs to hit 24k necessary to eliminate insta-gib stomps. Go with some combination of moroes' pocketwatch, MgT trinket, and shadowmoon insiginia.

Actually... there's a whole 'walkthrough' in a sticky at the top of the page...
Elsie

Postby Akonda » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:11 pm

My issue with this fight is avoidance. Like the others that I have seen QQ in previous entries on this post, I sit in the same boat of being sat for Brutallus, but being expected to pick my nose for 3 hours while they kill him (still not on farm) so that I can come wipe on Felmyst with them.

My MT argues that because my dodge is 3% less, and my parry is 5% less, I'm unhealable. I've been instagibbed several times, and I acknowledge this from having looked at WWS reports for tanking Brutallus.

Frustrated because I can't see anything I can do better to my gear. Not without destroying my stamina in the process. I'm told paladins aren't meant to tank everything...I believe that. But my warlocks and hunters were singing my praises when they saw my TPS on that fight. One warlock said he could go balls out even when I wasn't tanking and still not catch up by the time I taunt again.
Akonda

Postby rocket » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:48 am

akonda - what you state will be my way to get me to tank brutallus. I know a complaint is the perception from DPS that they are threat capped.

I do get annoyed by sitting since I feel pretty confident that I have the gear, consumables, and skill to take care of business. On a positive note - I am not incurring the repair bills as the DPS tweak their strats, and secondly they do not put out enough to beat the enrage at the moment.

anyways good luck on getting your shot sometime, and let us know what you did to get in - if it was a threat scenario.
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Akonda » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:03 pm

I think you mis-understood my post.

The reason the DPS wants me there is because my threat is INSANE compared to the other tanks....at least so the DPS says. So insane that they cant catch my threat (which the warrior taunts to equalize and then build his own) even a second before I would taunt again.

MY problem is not having enough avoidance for this fight. Sunwell radiance leaves me with 28.74-20% = 8.74% chance to dodge, vs the warrior's 31.77-20 = 11.77%, a difference causing him to dodge 33% more often than me. (For every 3 I dodge, he dodges 4), which is causing me to get insta-gibbed more often than him. Re-working the puzzle that is a suit of tanking gear for this fight is proving to be an impossible task...thats part of why I am asking for help with this fight.
Akonda

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:57 am

I'm looking for a Brutallus video from healer PoV, anyone got a link?

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau