Remove Advertisements

Maulgar MT - Guidance Wanted

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Are my stats good enough to handle Maulgar?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Your gear looks fine
82%
Your gear needs some more work
18%
WTF are you doing???
No votes

Total votes : 11

Postby kvark » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:35 pm

Anyways - everlight : I've tanked maulgar just fine with less gear than what you have, but I did jack up my dodge to about 25% unbuffed + moroes watch trinket for those "oh no" moments. I have never seen wrynn's drop, so obviously I still wear timewardens as you did.
Think I had about 12-12.5k hp in that "mode", same as when I tanked gruul really, and as far as I can tell, you had a whooping 17827 hp when you layed hands, telling me that there's nothing wrong with the hp

The most common wipe on maulgar is krosh and kiggler nuking healers, or the dog pet thing eats them. That results in the coming death of the tank - being whoever that was. Maulgar is all about the pull imho.

Hhowever, I see that the max hit on you was a crushing 9266, telling me that you forgot something important with your holy shield spell. That's a tough task for the healers right there.
kvark

Postby Everlight » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:16 pm

kvark wrote:Hhowever, I see that the max hit on you was a crushing 9266, telling me that you forgot something important with your holy shield spell. That's a tough task for the healers right there.

Yeah, that crush was very early in the fight, where the first Mighty Blow moved me out of position and he got me in the back while moving back into position.

Gogo Oceanic latency...

Anyway, thanks for the pointers and reassurance guys. I'm going to be on him this coming Sunday, so fingers crossed :)
Everlight

Postby Everlight » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Got Maulgar down last night, with me tanking him the whole way. Thanks for the pointers guys. Took a number of attempts, mostly pull problems. I got smacked on one attempt from a parry at the wrong time making him deal out like 13k damage in a second, but last attempt was smooth.

13,307hp unbuffed now :)
Everlight

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:41 pm

grats!
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby corc » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Everlight wrote:Got Maulgar down last night, with me tanking him the whole way. Thanks for the pointers guys. Took a number of attempts, mostly pull problems. I got smacked on one attempt from a parry at the wrong time making him deal out like 13k damage in a second, but last attempt was smooth.

ALRIGHT!

13,307hp unbuffed now :)

I take it shoulders dropped and your HP went up cause of it? grats to that too :)

now, take down that wimp gruul, and steal his shield :)
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Everlight » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:01 pm

corc wrote:I take it shoulders dropped and your HP went up cause of it? grats to that too :)

Oh - I should have mentioned that. Yes, they did - I replaced my Spaulders of the Righteous with them :)

Those shoulders are frickin' huge on a Dwarf pally - they go up level with my head :P
Everlight

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations