Remove Advertisements

eye trash

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

eye trash

Postby dragontongue » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:30 pm

so my guild finally killed gruul we just started work in both mag and eye and i have been noticing we have been having a ton of trouble on trash in the eye does anyone have any suggestions.

i'm mostly offtanking atm cause i find it easier to pick up anything that gets loose but i can main tank just fine. ive main tanked all the boss encounters we have done so far
dragontongue

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:31 pm

Be specific on "troubles" and we'll give solutions.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby dragontongue » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:32 pm

we are having troubles getting through the demon trash near void reaver getting massive raid deaths from the saw blades and the inital pulls we were having a bit of issue with the cc's getting broken from the main mob cleansing.
dragontongue

Postby DJSticky » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:56 pm

For the initial pulls tank the two paladins around a corner or out of range. You'll use this tactic on alot of pulls because there's alot of CC and alot of pulls contain those paladin type mobs.

For the deamon trash it's best that every one not envovled in the initial pull (ie healers, CCers and tanks) STAY THE HELL AWAY! Once the deamons are banished dps can start working on the robots.
DJSticky

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:57 pm

Well, the Blood Elves must be chain sheeped every 5-6 seconds, you cannot allow them to be free. The demons must be banished and kept banished, have more than 2 warlocks banishing them and have tanks ready to pickup them. Have your raid also being sphreaded to minimize the damage from Saw Blades.

MD pulls are a big help.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby dragontongue » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:02 pm

kk will give this a try tomorrow thanks for the advice.
dragontongue

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:13 am

The trash is really silly. As said already, you have to chain CC them, kill the robot, kill one demon, then the other, then have the rogues chain stun locks on the humanoids (I think that's the right move...) until they die. The trash is much harder than Void Reaver himself, it's very long and tedious.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Jarkeld » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:31 am

Really quite funny trash, if your CC goes off properly, very easy fights. If your CC messes up, you can die very quickly unless they get picked up.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Trevize » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:35 am

A quick side note. When you AOE tank the birds in Alar's room....the silence effect is cleansible so pay your friendly paladin friends to chain cleanse you to make easy tanking for yourself =)

But the trash in VR room....just everyone spread out and stay back until all the cc has it under control. Even then...spread out!
Trevize

Postby Rainge » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:23 am

I usually try to get an exorcism in between the banishes (really hard with good warlocks) so I have decent threat lead when they break. I let the warriors tank the robots so they can spell-reflect that overcharge nonsense. The blood elf gets tanked by whoever picks them up first.

Crowd control and healing is the name of the game on VR's trash. If either one is slacking, it hurts a lot.
Rainge

Postby Afraithe » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:19 pm

If you enforce one simple rule, it usually goes fine.

1. Locks get timers for their Banish, and need to have elite timing skills to apply it ASAP!
2. Mages chain sheep.
3. Profit!
Afraithe

Postby jere » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:40 pm

The problem we have been having is that our locks are getting owned before they can even get the banish off. They spam their banish until the mob is in range, but usually they all get sawbladed before the banish even gets off. At least that is what they tell me. I don't play a lock, so I take their word for it.

How do you keep them from being sawbladed before being able to banish?

I have tried going in there with them and popping exorcism on the to get aggro, but the mobs still seem to sawblade whomever they want.

Is there some secret to this?
jere

Postby Afraithe » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Ok, ill add a sidenote to my comment.

* Tell locks to get stamina gear (everyone should have some stamina gear for trash stuff, and some bosses).
* Tell priests to shield :)
Afraithe

Postby Kvaern » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Afraithe wrote:Ok, ill add a sidenote to my comment.

* Tell locks to get stamina gear (everyone should have some stamina gear for trash stuff, and some bosses).
* Tell priests to shield :)

I'm constantly amazed at how many times healers and DPS has to die to the exact same thing before they figure out wearing more stamina gear might be wise, or in some cases don't figure it out until it's spelled out to them in capital letters.
Kvaern

Postby Jarkeld » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:06 pm

the sawblades fire in a cone, if the warlocks stand a bit to the side and banish as the mobs run by, they'll be fine.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Next

Return to Tempest Keep