Remove Advertisements

Am I Ready to Tank Brutallus?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Am I Ready to Tank Brutallus?

Postby TKD » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if I am geared enough to tank Brutallus. Ive mostly been a trash tank and am gemmed accordingly.
The guild I am in, Vintage, is currently at Muru and has brought me into Brutallus this week. I'm excited to be able to take part in the fight but I seem to be dieing quite a bit. We did get him down to 1% last night though. My buffed hp is about 20.7k and I use the moroes and commendation trinkets.
Could you guys please give me some advice on how to regem or enchant to be a more viable Brutallus tank? Thanks a lot!

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Tkd
TKD

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:35 pm

While a "can i tank brutallus" question would go into brutallus topic, anyway.
Spelldam gem in shield is bad, put a dodge gem in it <.< Similarly for t6 chest, and actually for it 3x 15stam gems would be better.
Spelldam gems are always wrong.

Also, you'd want Shield Spec. It's impressively good for brutallus.

Other than that, you're more than fine.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

General rule is get 22k HP with standard raid buffs/consumables then stack avoidance.

I would use an avoidance trinket instead of the Darkmoon Card, like SM insignia or Pocketwatch. Also use another cape if you can, Pepe's sucks hard imo, the Badge cap, Slikk's, is the best mitigation cloak in the game. Use either Libram of Repentance or Tome of the Lightbearer (Lightbearer is better but you may not have it).

Pick up shield spec (drop spell warding and 1 point in precision or reckoning, I would drop precision), it's amazing for Brut.

Btw what's wrong SP/sta gems? Not like I need more avoidance except at Brut but it's not a huge deal. Pure SP gems suck though, yeah.
Mithos

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:32 pm

Mithos wrote:Btw what's wrong SP/sta gems? Not like I need more avoidance except at Brut but it's not a huge deal. Pure SP gems suck though, yeah.

You shouldn't be needing spelldamage gemming at all.

We're already behind warriors in avoidance, if you gem for spelldam/stam instead of agi/stam or pure dodge, you just make that difference bigger.

Warriors also don't gem for STR or hit or threat stats, why should we gem for spelldam?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:51 pm

Actually some warrior pieces are designed to where gemming hit is good. Kaz's hardened heart and twins shoulders come to mind. For felmyst and m'uru.

Still, sp/sta gems suck except on bad t6 farm-content gear. We have no threat problems in sunwell on any boss.
Elsie

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Agreed, gemming SP is never a good idea. Frankly neither is using mixed stam gems (you lose .5 stam per gem from rounding).

Please post in the boss threads people. There's like 6 now for Brutallus.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:34 am

Elsie wrote:Actually some warrior pieces are designed to where gemming hit is good. Kaz's hardened heart and twins shoulders come to mind. For felmyst and m'uru.

There's a difference in using gear with hit, and gemming for hit.

It's the same for us, we use gear with spelldamage, but we should not gem nor enchant for spelldamage (weapon being notable exception)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Mmm yeah I suppose, am just being a nub I guess :p. Was actually thinking about how to resocket me SP/sta gems for avoidance but then wrath talent trees came out so everything kinda went out the window!
Mithos

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Are 10 dodge gems ok for reds or do you think agi/sta would be fine
Lightbeard

Postby Elsie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:33 am

10 dodge is best after you are comfortable with your hit points.

Avoidance is pretty much everything after 22-24k hit points (buffed) in sunwell. Many druids/paladins resocket most their gear to avoidance.

Warriors also don't gem for STR or hit or threat stats, why should we gem for spelldam?

There's a difference in using gear with hit, and gemming for hit.

It's the same for us, we use gear with spelldamage, but we should not gem nor enchant for spelldamage (weapon being notable exception)
I think you misread me? I said warriors sometimes do gem for hit. In fact, it's the best thing they can possibly do on those two pieces, and is pretty much required for m'uru consistency (sentinels do not dodge/parry while spawning, but you can miss).
Elsie

Return to Sunwell Plateau