Remove Advertisements

problem/question on void reaver off tank

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

problem/question on void reaver off tank

Postby sindorei » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:01 am

so we downed him today with 3 tanks, 1 druid/2 wars
we were planned 4 tanks which included myself the prot pally.

my stats: about 17k hp with flask on and 386spell dmg(big problem here),

we had 2 attempts and the first was wiped coz all the orbs are coming to me. that was a mistake due to NOT tanking under him to avoid the orbs.

so we tried second time and same thing happened, heaps orbs are attacking me regardless where i am standing and i lost my threat after few knockbacks , looks like 96% .

so i have to put my healing gear on and heal and we downed him with 3 tanks.
this really embarr/shame :evil:
sindorei

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:47 am

Are you sure the orbs were getting you? Ignore the raid warnings and other boss mod things when it says there is one on you. If you are in melee range you cannot be targeted by one. You're doing something very wrong if they are hitting you and you are losing aggro at 96% with 400 spell damage (I have held aggro with way less).
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby sindorei » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:15 am

Lieris wrote:Are you sure the orbs were getting you? Ignore the raid warnings and other boss mod things when it says there is one on you. If you are in melee range you cannot be targeted by one. You're doing something very wrong if they are hitting you and you are losing aggro at 96% with 400 spell damage (I have held aggro with way less).

yes, i need to find out why the orbs are hitting on me even I have standed at the melee range. i got shifted out after melee players complained about orbs issue.
sindorei

Postby Alienor » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 am

sindorei wrote:
Lieris wrote:Are you sure the orbs were getting you? Ignore the raid warnings and other boss mod things when it says there is one on you. If you are in melee range you cannot be targeted by one. You're doing something very wrong if they are hitting you and you are losing aggro at 96% with 400 spell damage (I have held aggro with way less).

yes, i need to find out why the orbs are hitting on me even I have standed at the melee range. i got shifted out after melee players complained about orbs issue.

If you're standing on top of the other tanks, the Orbs will not be hitting you. You will get the warning pop above your head because of the way DBM works (it assumes whenever Void Reaver targets a mana user, he's casting an orb at them). But it won't actually be casting them at you.

For building threat I'm usually the last tank on the list, I use around ~400 spell damage. I start by judgeing crusader then going all out with other judgements, concentrate, shield throw, wings, ect. Bring a lot of mana pots and just keep drinking them as much as you can while continuing the spam. Keep an eye on Omen / KTM, it's a bit messed up for this fight but if you see yourself getting near the top, hit holy shield.

Also, don't be afraid to drop a little bit of health / armor for extra threat, he doesn't hit too hard.
Alienor

Postby DJSticky » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:53 am

Not sure what the issue was with you losing agro so quickly, perhaps you got two unlucky knock backs very very fast.

Anyway here's the way I've done it and as some one else mentioned you will announce "orb on me" whenever he targets you so it's a constant spam. If you are in melee range (ie taking pounding damage) you cannot be targeted by orbs.

I go in first, toss shield, Jor and get into my flow. 3 judges in I'll switch to JoTC. I also use windfury in my group as I've found at 400+ spell damage it does wonders for my threat as it actually scales with your spell damage were WoA does not. I either save my wings for a knockback were I actually lose agro or if I've had him for a very long time and I still have a decent threat lead after a knock back.

The last few times I've done him (all before I got my Glad Gavel so at around 350 to 375 spell damage) I did him with two tanks. I held him for about 85% of the fight surviving up to 6 or more knock backs. I kind of stopped counting =P The warrior rarely held it for more then 1 knock back but in general his threat gen was not to great.
DJSticky

heh

Postby Mavrix » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:06 am

The warrior tanks I run with are the ones who get all the misdirects on that encounter. Perhaps you faced a similar situation?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Zonzede » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:26 am

Your HP will go down just a little, but drop your Fort Flask in favor of a Flask of Supreme Power (or post 2.2, a Flask of Blinding Light). Also, eat a Blackened Basilisk and apply some Wizard Oil. If you think you can swing it, judge Crusader as well, but melee usually wants light.

Remember it's difficult to get a large target like that in Consecration. You pretty much need to get damn near on top of him for Consecration to hit. Don't do so while you have aggro, as he'll keep stepping back, throwing off the placement of orbs for the ranged.
Zonzede

Postby sindorei » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Zonzede wrote:Your HP will go down just a little, but drop your Fort Flask in favor of a Flask of Supreme Power (or post 2.2, a Flask of Blinding Light). Also, eat a Blackened Basilisk and apply some Wizard Oil. If you think you can swing it, judge Crusader as well, but melee usually wants light.

Remember it's difficult to get a large target like that in Consecration. You pretty much need to get damn near on top of him for Consecration to hit. Don't do so while you have aggro, as he'll keep stepping back, throwing off the placement of orbs for the ranged.

I did use flask of fort instead of supreme power and i have used 23 spell dmg food+wizard oil, I pop AV and throw AS, then max rank Consecration. However i must had some unlucky knockbacks and just break 96%, one of our warrior had aggro, but soon as a hunter pulled aggro and the RL has to call wiped at about 80%
sindorei

Return to Tempest Keep