Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Vestori » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:46 pm

edgeta wrote:I haven't seen anyone mention this yet so I figured I'd ask...does anyone know if the alchemy boost to pots, etc. stacks with the boost from the alchemist stones?

Also, I'm planning on switching to BS (From herbalism), but I'm not sure if I should go Armor or Weapon. Someone above mentioned a crafted epic shield...is this tied to one of the specializations or is it universal?

It doesn't stack from what I can tell.
Vestori

Postby link » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:08 pm

edgeta wrote:Someone above mentioned a crafted epic shield...is this tied to one of the specializations or is it universal?

As if now http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spells=11.164#450+7+1 is boe.
link

Postby Braundo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Titansteel is going to be a pain to make. Three "eternals," six Titanium ore, and a 20-hour cooldown for one bar?

I'm guessing that most of us who want to get into Naxx ASAP will be rolling with two pieces of this stuff at most to start with, with the rest being filled in from heroics.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Amarant_Pally » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:13 am

Any *glaring* disadvantages to sticking with Mining/Enchanting?
Amarant_Pally

Postby rodos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:50 am

At the moment I'm Eng/Herb. A rather qirky combo that I have because I took herb so as not to compete for nodes with a friend I was playing with at the time. He quit the game over a year ago, but I'm still a flower picker.

I think my plan for 3.0.2 will be to make a bunch of cash from herbs as everyone levels Inscription, then drop it and level mining, stockpiling all the bars I dig up on a bank alt.

Then, when the actual expansion arrives, I'll be able to:
1. Level Mining and Engineering together,
1a. Optionally drop Mining and use stockpiled mats to level Blacksmithing; or
2. Drop Engineering as soon as WotLK is released, power level BS and then level it with mining through Northrend.

It really depends how good the BoP BS pieces are, and what eventually pans out with Engineering and how many motes I can farm with it.
rodos

Postby honorshammer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:40 am

Warcraft, do you think you could update the original post. Most of the data is well...outdated. Inscription doesn't get the extra glyph slot, etc.
honorshammer

Postby Robin de tolens » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm most probably going to keep engineering, it's a part of my toon's roleplay, but I think I'll drop herbalism for leatherworking or smithing (still hesitating)
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby honorshammer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:21 pm

I'm keeping JC/Engy. I'll check the status of Professions when I get closer to 80 and see if I need to change.
honorshammer

Postby EvilNuff » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:28 pm

I have not yet decided. I am currently Eng/Enchanting and am 100% dropping Engineering. As for the other slot I was going to pick up inscription, I even have most/all of the herbs I will need for it banked. But it seems like an utter waste of a profession. There will be zero market for glyphs after about a month other than new characters and I think I would rather just take up mining than inscription at this point.
EvilNuff

Postby Dolore » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Gonna keep Jc and Mining until Jc is maxed then switch mining to inscription and have one of my alts take up mining. Haveing an extra glyph spot after jc is maxed sounds like a good plan for me.
Dolore

Postby Ryu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Keeping Enchanting/Mining for the ring stam enchants and health bonus from mining. I can gather mats easily without emptying my wallet for all the new enchants/mats for crafted stuff.
Might replace mining at a later stage in WotlK, presumably for BS or JC
Ryu

Postby Kelaan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Braundo wrote:Titansteel is going to be a pain to make. Three "eternals," six Titanium ore, and a 20-hour cooldown for one bar?

I'm guessing that most of us who want to get into Naxx ASAP will be rolling with two pieces of this stuff at most to start with, with the rest being filled in from heroics.

Well, aren't there only 3 titansteel armor pieces? That's still ~4 days worth of cooldowns per piece, plus the mats which are just money. (Sure, I don't have a lot of money, heh ... but this looks like something worth spending it on.)
Kelaan

Postby tbolt » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:02 pm

I don't know the new gems very well and not too clear about how many of the BS sockets will be self only. So I was wondering if someone better informed could answer whether the health bonus from mining is going to compare with BS extra sockets or JC's BoP gems (assuming we're gemming for stam).
If the gain is comparable with the perks of extra sockets from BS I probably wouldn't take it since most of the patterns I've seen are BOE. JC is still a touch choice when deciding to switch because aside from the BoP gems it's a good money maker and it's got the nice trinkets.
tbolt

Postby Dantriges » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Mining Bonus is free, you don´t have to craft anything or have hassle with unique gems, regemming etc. So it should be a bit weaker. thinking about JC mining and later on BS perhasp after the market has cooled down.
Dantriges

Re: So, which professions are you taking for WotLK?

Postby bjanssen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 pm

Warcraft wrote:Herbalism
[list][*]You learn the ability Wild Growth, an instant-cast heal over time on a 3 minute cooldown. At max rank, it heals you for 2000 over 15 seconds.

Am I missing something obvious?

Why isn't this the slam dunk tank profession?

Does it share cooldowns with something important like potions? If not then getting 2k instant healing every 3 min for the price of a global cooldown seems like a nice EH bonus.

Surely that is better than a mere 500 health?

Besides I wear pink plate armour - of course I pick flowers too!
bjanssen

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK