Wipe after Wipe in Herioc MGT

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby VikrumthePally » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm

Kelaan wrote:
VikrumthePally wrote:B.) Kill the first pull and the first pat and angle your camera so you can see what type of setup you have for the pvp fight. Make sure it's favorable. Not favorable would be the MS war, The rogue, The shaman. Those 3 are the biggest pains. If you get those 3 or just any setup you don't like reset the instance.

Can you actually see them this way? Where do you stand? I never seem to be able to get my camera "outside" far enough to see down to the lower level. Do you use a /target macro? (I may have to write one ...)

How many of the Bad Three (MS, rogue, shaman) do you tolerate? 2/3 of them seems to be bad news to me.

I'll try and run this place more often, I guess. I still need that trinket, hehe... (though, come 3.0, I think I might need double defense trinkets still. Sigh.)

Just angle the camera + hit the V key for nameplates.

As far as how many? Heh when I had my best group with one mage we reset until we got all 3. We also had the warlock.

But in a normal group if you have 1 CC then 2/3 tops. And that is still hard.
VikrumthePally

Postby ldeboer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Kelaan wrote:
VikrumthePally wrote:B.) Kill the first pull and the first pat and angle your camera so you can see what type of setup you have for the pvp fight. Make sure it's favorable. Not favorable would be the MS war, The rogue, The shaman. Those 3 are the biggest pains. If you get those 3 or just any setup you don't like reset the instance.

Can you actually see them this way? Where do you stand? I never seem to be able to get my camera "outside" far enough to see down to the lower level. Do you use a /target macro? (I may have to write one ...)

How many of the Bad Three (MS, rogue, shaman) do you tolerate? 2/3 of them seems to be bad news to me.

I'll try and run this place more often, I guess. I still need that trinket, hehe... (though, come 3.0, I think I might need double defense trinkets still. Sigh.)

Who cares all the combo's are retardly easy you just have to think and adjust your strat. The most common mistake is people try and kill priestess first for me she is usually 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I usually only have 1 CC for whole run which is either a hunter or mage for bird not by choice but because I dont use CC anywhere in the run the DPS warriors and elemental shaman usually line me up for runs because they find it hard to get runs in here with warrior or druid tanks.

If you get Salaris you must CC him because if you pull he will charge and stun. If you have a mage sheep him and the pull is a sheep pull. Salaris is the single greatest threat in there. You always do him last and even then he will prob kill someone.

DO NOT FIGHT BETWEEN THE POLES pull them back and try and CC them before the poles. If you CC them before the poles and fight the other side priestess can not dispel the CC.

At the pull all those not needed and the healer should be right back where the fight is going to be done. That way they also cant get targetted by the pull.

Focus fire and protecting the healer is the key and you want to take down the easy ones fast so you have the greater numbers.

As a tank I am not at all trying to kill anything just trying to keep it busy and by the same token fear and mage ice nova can slow add movement down and should be used every cooldown. Taunt and BOP healer are the other two big things you can do ... they wont last long but they can save lives.

If you havent put 1 or 2 down by about 15secs you are going to fail because everything else is going to be beating on your healer and your DPS need to go back to PVP and learn what focus fire is.

EDIT: While I am thinking about it can anyone explain to me why DPS always feel they need to stand next to you for that pull. I walk back to tree and jump up and down and say stand here ... walk up to pull and you look around and they standing right next to you :-) Usually until I say we are going to be waiting all night because I am not pulling until you are back there will they reluctantly leave. Do they seriously not understand they will be targetted if they are standing up?
ldeboer

Postby Kelaan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:52 am

ldeboer wrote:Who cares all the combo's are retardly easy you just have to think and adjust your strat. The most common mistake is people try and kill priestess first for me she is usually 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I usually only have 1 CC for whole run which is either a hunter or mage for bird not by choice but because I dont use CC anywhere in the run the DPS warriors and elemental shaman usually line me up for runs because they find it hard to get runs in here with warrior or druid tanks.

I wouldn't call Delrissa "retardedly easy", unless you and your whole team have good PvP gear (I have nearly none), and are experienced at it (I'm not, really).

If you CC them before the poles and fight the other side priestess can not dispel the CC.

That's quite useful, thanks! :D
Kelaan

Postby VikrumthePally » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:35 am

Kelaan wrote:
ldeboer wrote:Who cares all the combo's are retardly easy you just have to think and adjust your strat. The most common mistake is people try and kill priestess first for me she is usually 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I usually only have 1 CC for whole run which is either a hunter or mage for bird not by choice but because I dont use CC anywhere in the run the DPS warriors and elemental shaman usually line me up for runs because they find it hard to get runs in here with warrior or druid tanks.

I wouldn't call Delrissa "retardedly easy", unless you and your whole team have good PvP gear (I have nearly none), and are experienced at it (I'm not, really).

If you CC them before the poles and fight the other side priestess can not dispel the CC.

That's quite useful, thanks! :D

I would agree. Everthing I have stated in this topic has been "without the optimal setup" or without a group that can blow through this instance.

For a tank with 17k hps chances are the rest of your group is geared almost the same.

The people coming here asking for help are probably not to the point you are at.

So I would have to disagree and say if you go in there with people who've only beaten MGT once or are not in full badge gear/better worse yet a PUG and you see rogue (Nightstrike), MS war (Salaris), Shaman (Apoko) you might as well save yourself an extreme headache and reset the intsance. There is no sense in wasting 1 hour trying to kill that pull when a simple reset will work.

Now when you run the instance full decked out it's fun going up against the worst possible setup you can get and win.

Anyhow again. Best of luck.
VikrumthePally

Postby ldeboer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:36 pm

VikrumthePally wrote:
I would agree. Everthing I have stated in this topic has been "without the optimal setup" or without a group that can blow through this instance.

For a tank with 17k hps chances are the rest of your group is geared almost the same.

The people coming here asking for help are probably not to the point you are at.

So I would have to disagree and say if you go in there with people who've only beaten MGT once or are not in full badge gear/better worse yet a PUG and you see rogue (Nightstrike), MS war (Salaris), Shaman (Apoko) you might as well save yourself an extreme headache and reset the intsance. There is no sense in wasting 1 hour trying to kill that pull when a simple reset will work.

Now when you run the instance full decked out it's fun going up against the worst possible setup you can get and win.

Anyhow again. Best of luck.

17K HP is irrelavent they simply will not hit me ... ohh how I would love it if they were tankable.

I am trying to help .. stop and think you are in here and got this far so your group has enough gear and dps to complete this boss. Now if you wiped all the way here well perhaps not but assuming you got here without too many problems no matter what they give you its doable.

What gear anyone is wearing is actually irrelevant if your healer dies you will wipe. If you dont control the dangerous ones you will wipe.

This fight is all about control and control without a tank. Only nightstrike and salaris will outright kill you. Okay if you have only 1cc and you get them both you are in trouble ... but as you said most likely peeps here are starting out and that wont be them.

Apoko is just dam annoying in that he heals and stuns he represents no real threat as such any tank or plate wearing melee can easily get him onto them and simply take him for a walk away from the healer and the actual fight.

Anyhow each to his own I never bother to actually look at what adds are there I just work it out when we get there. I can tell you gear has very little to do with this fight because they always seem to go for the healer and the clothies. I had a friend who had a rogue in blues and he pwns at this fight because he pvp's .. he rescued some over geared epic retard group.

Personally if you really need the instance simplified down to a ridiculous tame level take 3 mages you will never have to tank more than 2 things and the priestess fight is stupidly easy.
ldeboer

Postby Dimwit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:08 am

uke wrote:Let me guess, dps tried to nuke the 2nd boss as fast as possible as opposed to stopping dps between flares to wait for the debuff to fall off. amirite?

Slow and careful > all out dps on the 2nd boss.

This will get a good laugh...

I was tanking the second boss last night and we had a full guild run except one rogue. We were doing well on the second boss for his first 25% or so and then suddenly we were falling behind on health and adds. We died and I looked at recount for the fight and the rogue was putting up 1000 dps. I asked him to slow down so we can kill the adds and then top off health before the next adds pop, a reasonable request. He proceeds to tell me I'm a noob and that this boss should die in 30 sec. First off I don't think I'm a noob, but secondly I said if we kill him in 30 sec we will have 8 adds doing damage to the group by the time he hits 20%. He proceeds to abandon the group and tell me how my guildmates DPS sucks because we had blues on. This coming from a person who had full Kara, and badge gear. The fact is anyone can run KZ now and and get badge gear. Badge gear is patch of sorts, it can sometimes skew the difference between a smart player and a player that only know what good gear is. A smart player understands the situations they are in and adapt to them while a player with good gear will try for the greatest amount of DPS. Anyways I hate pugging this heroic because many times you get people who don't understand that different situations and group make ups require slightly different strategies.
Dimwit

Postby Ghort » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:58 pm

hell, look me up sometime and even tho I hate that dungeon, I'll give it a whirl - have both PVP and PVE gear on my priest, running shadow atm

70 spell hit, 700 unbuffed SD while shadow (specced raiding), and when holy/disc running 1.4k+heals, right under 600 spirit :twisted:
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics