Remove Advertisements

Kil'jaeden

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mithos » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Oh and also regarding knockbacks - yes one is automatic if you get too close and the other is a targeted attack which hits for about 200-400 on me. The grim reaper line "[Kil'Jaeden] missed [Mithos] (Blocked)" is quite amusing to see ;).

We are playing around with which melee will eat the knockbacks and where they will stand so that if they get a knockback they can still get safely to the shield. We had our fury warrior do it without salv - as he could intervene the people in the shield, but I think we had more success with our ret pala tanking them without salv as he could BoF or in worst case bubble if he eats a knockback or even a double knockback and can put on RF if he starts falling behind in threat. However, his threat was pretty sick even without RF up.
Mithos

Postby link » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:40 am

Hi guys,

im having problem spotting the reflections as well.

I used the macro found in here but it is just so darn difficult to grab them it seems. And sometimes it is oor of my frisbee. Wonder does this happens to you guys?
Most of the time it seems that whenever i pull off AS, it will kill off one of the raid members first. Not sure is it a matter of me being slow but i keep strafting left and right and spamming the macro lookin for it.

Any tips from you guys?

link

Postby inthedrops » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:31 am

link wrote:Hi guys,

im having problem spotting the reflections as well.

I used the macro found in here but it is just so darn difficult to grab them it seems. And sometimes it is oor of my frisbee. Wonder does this happens to you guys?
Most of the time it seems that whenever i pull off AS, it will kill off one of the raid members first. Not sure is it a matter of me being slow but i keep strafting left and right and spamming the macro lookin for it.

Any tips from you guys?

It's very hard (frustrating) initially but hang in there and you'll get it. It takes some practice. Where are you standing relative to everyone else? Hopefully you're central.

Here are some quick tips I can give:
1. Setup your camera angle to be as zoomed out as possible.
2. Setup your camera vantage so that you're looking all the way left or all the way right. Basically, try to set it up so you can see half of the room while you're spamming that macro.
3. Keep spamming the macro whiel looking for the blue square (I like the blue square, easier to see contrast wise than the other icons) to show up on the screen as well as looking to see when you have something targeted.
4. As soon as you have it targeted start spamming your shield throw just in case you can hit them but you just can't see them (this is a worthy habit to get into, it helps a lot).
5. As soon as it's clear that they're not in view and your shield isn't hitting them it's then a simple matter of TURNING around to face the other way and trying to throw your shield again. Worst case they are too far away and you have to run maybe 10 yards to get in range.

Note that steps 4 and 5 should only take a second or two total to complete.

6. As soon as your shield is tossed start running at them, that's a good time to eat the appropriate potion too. It might take some practive getting used to spotting the class quickly.
7. While running over you also want to identify the reflection that your shield missed. It's ALWAYS going to be the one that's not moving. Figure out which one it is but don't freak out if you can't figure it out right away. A lot of times I can't figure it out and I just remain patient and wait for one of them to run off. As soon as it runs then you know the one you missed. You have to quickly target it (the hard part) and if you're in range that's when you judge it, otherwise taunt.

Sometimes the loose one will be agro'd onto a healer out of range of your taunt. Drop a consecration on the mobs you DID get and chase after that add (don't expose your back though) until you can taunt it. Ideally you'd never lose that 4th one to begin with but as long as you're calm and don't try to judge or taunt the first thing that blinks you should be able to get it before it kills something.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby link » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:02 pm

Yes inthedrops,

i am standing in the centre where the raid is standing.
Standing in the centre i was stafting one circle including behind me to check whether is anyone behind me got targeted for reflections. But it doesn't seems to work that well.

I was using the skull mark but i guess i shall try the blue square next time.

Thanks for your tips. Will try it for the next coming raid. :twisted:
link

Postby Mithos » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:44 pm

Yeah, as said above, just get a good view on your raid. Don't panic if you can't instantly find them, they have some "activation time" where they just stand still for 5 or so seconds. Frizbee and mark the target with something (as the macro does, I use it too), and then do something to get the 4th one on you.
Mithos

Postby Morganim » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:16 am

Just wondering in p5
Why do you need two dragons over the 1 ?
And also do they both need to come out at the same time, was wondering if its posisble to aoe tank the 25% images and then jump on the controller, as to not lose another dps to the dragon. If not ive got to figure out who to put on it lol.

We got to 44% on first night of attempts so where pretty happy :)
Morganim

Postby Cakes » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:33 am

Morganim wrote:Just wondering in p5
And also do they both need to come out at the same time, was wondering if its posisble to aoe tank the 25% images and then jump on the controller, as to not lose another dps to the dragon. If not ive got to figure out who to put on it lol.

We got to 44% on first night of attempts so where pretty happy :)

You need two dragons because the darkness comes twice as fast, and it's simply easier to have two dragons (one for breath, one for shield). There are also cases, say warrior reflections at 25%, where you will need to be shielded away from the raid so as to not get people gibbed by whirlwind when the shield drops and they're running back to their spots.

I don't think it's strictly necessary that they come out at the same time, but it is very helpful. There are a whole slew of things I can think of that would go wrong on this fight, not the least of which is one of your orb controllers dying before they can get to an orb after the first dragon is dead. What we've done is seperate the map into sides, and an assigned dps'er from each side manages two orbs, so as to not have to cover the entire room and screw up dragon timing. At 25%, both of these people take orbs. Pretty simple from the planning perspective.
Cakes

Postby link » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:23 am

Yes!

Finally down Teh Deceiver.
Thank you for all the advices and tips found in this thread.

Alot of near kills but today my guild managed to one shot it. Was very much surprised. :D
link

Postby Elsie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:40 pm

Just wondering in p5

unless you saved bloodlust for 25% getting the orbs and breathe out asap is the best possible thing to do for RDPS.
Elsie

Postby Katamai » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:39 am

Picking up reflections should be a lot easier in 3.0 with HotR and instant cast AS.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Mithos » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:04 am

Yeah, but I don't think AS Glyph is very viable for this fight - if the reflections spawn in the furthest possible place, given a 1-2 second reaction time you won't have long to actually run to them and HotR before they start running after people.
Mithos

Postby Sechs » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:34 am

Atreidies wrote:Use the standard macro people have been posting all around the KJ thread and add this tidbit in there, it's incredibly handy.

/script SetRaidTarget("6","target");

^ This will mark your target with the Square raid icon, 0 through whatever number of icons there are I just use Square, if you're using Bigwigs you might ask anyone with raid marks turned on to turn it off since if you can't avoid Firebloom without it you probably shouldn't be on KJ. Get assist from the raid leader, mash the button with this in your reflections macro and it will mark it up fine.

The correct way or at least only way it work for me. --> /script SetRaidTarget("target","6");

Thx alot tho, been looking for a raid mark macro for so long. :)
Sechs

Postby inthedrops » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:58 am

Mithos wrote:Yeah, but I don't think AS Glyph is very viable for this fight - if the reflections spawn in the furthest possible place, given a 1-2 second reaction time you won't have long to actually run to them and HotR before they start running after people.

I don't think anyone was talkin about the glyph. This would be a horrible place to use it :)

Instant AS will make pickup CONSIDERABLY easier. You can cast while still running towards them. That's HUGE. Once you're there you can quickly spam HotR trying to get the one your shield missed. And if you didn't you still have JoR and Taunt available.

It should be WAYY easier to pickup the adds come 3.0, mostly because AS is instant cast. This will buy about 1 extra second.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:28 pm

Thoughts on p5:

- You need to get here with your raid alive, at least your healers. You might have heard that it's a pushover, but it really isn't.

- You get 4 orbs, which all despawn after the 4th darkness AFAIK. So there's no reason not to use 2 at a time, it gives everyone more Haste and Revitalize breaths and allows multiple shields so that people don't have to worry about meteors on the collapse spot. We use 2 controllers throughout the fight (a mage and a prot warrior that helps with pickups) but if you don't, get whoever you want doing it some experience with them before p5 comes around.

- The reflections at 25% can be handled in many ways. To zerg or not to zerg, that is the question. If you offtank dangerous adds the whole time, you can basically guarantee that you will die at some point in p5, which typically causes a chain reaction -- you might make it to a kill, you might not. On the other hand if anything goes wrong when you try to kill off adds that are hard to kill efficiently, you'll feel really stupid eating the 5th Darkness at 2%. The safest way to go about it is to kill 2 of the reflections and leave the other 2 up. That doesn't always work: you NEED to kill all 4 warriors, and you don't need to bother with some of the easier ones.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Afraithe » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:50 am

What? Pickup up adds is "hard" now?

P5 IS a pushover, never have we wiped there, even with 3-5 ppl dead.

Would highly suggest killing the last adds, you have time.
Afraithe

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau