Tankpoints and uncrushable -or- wtf am I missing

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Tankpoints and uncrushable -or- wtf am I missing

Postby Dwarfskinner » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:47 am

So ya...I'm confused :oops:

I have the tankpoints mod installed but to be honest I dont know what I'm supposed to look at. I'm struggling atm to get to uncrushable and not knowing how to use this thing isnt helping.

So, I guess first question is...how do I use TP to quickly figure out my statis (uncrushable)?

Second question...Dodge+parry+block rating+miss = uncrushable (102.4)
using holyshield...? I hope im not missing anything here.

I'm a bit PO'd about this as I found the depleted sword in the AH for 120g, cheap according to allakazam ...and then infused it with the idea of turning a profit. But then started thinking I may need it I equipped it expecting a much bigger return on my mitigation than what i got.

Anyways...thx in advance for any help you can offer :)
Dwarfskinner

Postby Anuji » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:10 am

ofc with Holy-Shield up :D

Block/Parry/Miss/HolyShield(35% with libram i think) = 102.4% and tada! you're uncrushable and just have to push HolyShield every 10 secs.

and from lookin on your signature you only have ~14% block? than you should use the sword by yourself :D and try to get the Figurine of Colossus of the last boss in Shattered Halls (4% Block on it)
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... ck&n=Anuji
Hope it's understandable what i'm sayin' :D
Anuji

Postby Dwarfskinner » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 pm

Anuji wrote:ofc with Holy-Shield up :D

Block/Parry/Miss/HolyShield(35% with libram i think) = 102.4% and tada! you're uncrushable and just have to push HolyShield every 10 secs.

and from lookin on your signature you only have ~14% block? than you should use the sword by yourself :D and try to get the Figurine of Colossus of the last boss in Shattered Halls (4% Block on it)

ofc?

Sorry; this just doesnt answer my question about using tankpoints
Dwarfskinner

Postby Prepared » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:40 pm

ofc = of course

To answer your question:

Do you see on your character sheet, under the little drop-down menus, where the Tank Points section is? When you go there, click on "Open Calculator", as this brings up the list of what your stats add up to (IE: Miss, Dodge, Parry, etc.)

At the very top if shows you your total damage reduction, and then on the far right it shows you what your total chance to be hit, crit, crushed, etc. is. The crushing number is easy to find because it's a nice fat 15%.

Fire up Holy Shield, or go to the bottom field that's labeled "Block Rating", click on the name once to change it to "Block %". Put in 30% to count for Holy Shield, 35% to count for the Libram if you own it.

Then, at the top, you should notice your numbers shift around. When the crushing number - that was previously 15% - reaches 0%, you are uncrushable.

Feel free to use the other fields to up your stats to take Kings, Mark of the Wild, and gear upgrades/enchants into effect, to try to figure out what you need to reach this point, if you don't already do so by default. It saves a good bit of number crunching when trying to figure out the effect of gear on your character.

Happy tanking!
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Wingznut » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:27 pm

I know this doesn't answer your question about tankpoints (although it appears that Prepared already did...), but it's an excellent read about the holy grail that is "uncrushable".

http://zentanking.blogspot.com/2007/05/uncrushable-not-exactly.html

EDIT: And judging by your armory profile, it looks like you decided to keep the Crystalforged Sword (or did you already have one?)... Either way, it's obviously an excellent choice for a tankadin, especially with the +spl dmg. :D
Image Image
Wingznut

Postby Dwarfskinner » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:51 pm

Thank you both Prepared and Wingnutz!
Dwarfskinner

Re: Tankpoints and uncrushable -or- wtf am I missing

Postby Everlight » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Dwarfskinner wrote:So, I guess first question is...how do I use TP to quickly figure out my statis (uncrushable)?

1. Open your character sheet.
2. Bring down the 'Tankpoints' tab, then click 'Open Calculator'.
3. Turn on Holy Shield.

If the 'Crushing' category shows 0.00, you're uncrushable!
Everlight

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations