Remove Advertisements

Heroic Sethek Halls, how hard is it?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Sethek Halls, how hard is it?

Postby Kroda » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:37 am

I've had no luck with shoulder drops in Khara or ZA, so was thinking of trying to farm the shoulders there.

I think I've only run it once or twice on normal, never on heroic
Any advice?
Kroda

Re: Heroic Sethek Halls, how hard is it?

Postby Kellern » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:39 am

Kroda wrote:I've had no luck with shoulder drops in Khara or ZA, so was thinking of trying to farm the shoulders there.

Any advice?

I know what you are going for, but for some reason I found Righteous Shoulders better than the Spaulders of Dementia (or whatever they are)

Can someone do the maths?
Moonlight - Argent Dawn EU
Kellern

Postby econ21 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:50 am

Both dementia and righteous dropped for me, but to be honest I've never worn them - the merciless lamellar gladiator shoulders are better than either, if you can get to uncrushable without shoulder stats (and don't mind grinding for honour).

Heroic Sethekk Halls did not seem too bad to me; if you are familiar with normal, it should not be a big problem. I was a little rusty about the instance and so made a few bad pulls - as with most heroics, you don't want to pull 2 groups accidentally. Only those flying serpent things surprised me (treat them almost as mini-bosses, rather like the big fel guard things in SL).
econ21

Postby palouf » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:58 am

Kroda wrote:I've had no luck with shoulder drops in Khara or ZA, so was thinking of trying to farm the shoulders there.

Any advice?

Righteous are more adequat to paladins atm...even that it's a blue...
The next big upgrade are "netherspite's" mantle and T4...
Don't worry too much about it ftm...it will come...
And if by chance you can go high king, just don"t hesitate...T4 are excellent ..and even better (for threat) than zull ones...

P.S :For Wotlk...it's another story :-)
palouf

Postby Kroda » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 am

Kellern wrote:
Kroda wrote:
I know what you are going for, but for some reason I found Righteous Shoulders better than the Spaulders of Dementia (or whatever they are)

hehe Righteous Shoulders do not exist.

over 70 runs with ZERO drops

shoulders are my bane it seems.
Kroda

Postby Kroda » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:40 am

palouf wrote:
Kroda wrote:
P.S :For Wotlk...it's another story :-)

just checked and apparently there is a level 70 dungeon quest with a blue shoulder reward that are awesome.

I believe I have a set of gladiator's scaled in the bank somewhere, I'll gem it for tanking and just use that when the patch hits :P
Kroda

Postby uke » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:50 am

Kroda wrote:
Kellern wrote:
Kroda wrote:

hehe Righteous Shoulders do not exist.

over 70 runs with ZERO drops

shoulders are my bane it seems.

This is true. Laj is incapable of dropping the D3 shoulders. Any reports of it actually dropping must be lies! :evil:

Was stuck with my fugly warchief's mantle until I broke down and got the S2 Lamellar shoulders, which then got replaced by T4 eventually.
uke

Postby Kelaan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Any advice?

I've only run heroic twice, I think... the second (only?) was recently helping some PUG with their druid mount quest.

First boss: Someone in the group was already saved, but had only killed one boss... we skipped him. ;) He's VERY hard on heroic, I recall. In normal, you can usually DPS blitz him, but on heroic I am pretty sure you need your DPS to burn them:

wowwiki wrote:The adds have an aura / AoE that does approx 800 damage of its element per tick as well as stacking a debuff that increases the damage the player takes from their element... Resistances buffs {and} Dampen magic on everyone is recommended since you will be getting up to 4 AoE hits per tick as well as boss spell damage.

The boss remains very squishy and does only light damage. Just DPS him down to 80–75%, focus the adds one at a time having decided kill order beforehand.

The trash packs seemed pretty easy. I believe we had a mage with us, which made sheeping one of the guys easier. Make sure you kill first the mind-controllers (undead), and then anything else bad that can disrupt the healing. A druid healer is probably excellent here; I forget what my healer was.

Druid boss was easy ... but be careful of mana usage. He likes to mana burn, if I recall correctly.

End boss was ... interesting. Usual tricks apply... we abused the sheeping so that it would partially heal people. I was fortunate that he didn't seem to do enough damage in normal melee to really gimp me too much while the healer was sheeped, but I still basically prioritized Cleanse over almost anything else. We lost some DPS and I ended up killing him while bubbled. ;) Your group really needs to be on the ball when it comes to pillar-humping -- as the blink can suck when it's to the one you're not behind. ;)

Overall, it seemed much easier than, say, Shadow Labyrinth or Ramparts. I haven't done it enough to be sure but it seemed (aside from the first boss ;)) to be easier than Mechanar, even.
Kelaan

Postby ldeboer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:44 pm

The first boss is actually easy for a pally tank but you need to decide on one of two tactics.

The adds will get picked up by your consecrate this means they are all going to be putting debuffs on you so two solutions.

1.) DPS stops on boss and kills adds while you stand there cleansing yourself. Once all down resume on boss you will go thru a few add cycles because they are fairly closely spaced summons.

2.) A warlock or priest fears the adds off you and you remain dpsing boss. An average DPS group you can expect two lots of adds summoned but they despawn when the boss dies.

Have done it both ways without too much stress which way I do it depends on how many fears I have in grp as 2nd way is faster but you need at least 2 fears.

End boss chose a pillar and stick to it last thing you want is to get seperated from each other because he does a random agro after the explosion and you will be chasing him.
ldeboer

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics