Remove Advertisements

how much avoidance for off tank

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

how much avoidance for off tank

Postby sindorei » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:31 pm

if i use the following items:
[Belt of the Guardian] [Boots of the Protector] [Breastplate of the Righteous] at the same time,
my total avoidance will be 100.235%, I will have to
use [Jade-Skull Breastplate] or [Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard] or [Battlescar Boots]

but i don`t really want to replace any of them, especially the chest, which i will lose 500 mp and other stats.

and i will be stupid to replace belt/boot, coz i have spent like 3500g on them.

another option: I used to socket [Wrynn Dynasty Greaves] with 8 dodge and two enduring talasites, but my gm told me to replace them with 3x12 stam gems. I don`t feel like to replace them again /sigh.

so the problem i have is 100.235% will be all right as off tank?
sindorei

Postby Spart » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:00 pm

Well, if you are losing 500MP from using Jade-Skull Instead of Righteous then you have socketed it wrong. Int isn't need all that much, for trash and such just use Seal of Wisdom, and for bosses have wisdom judged. Although, if you have the 2set bonus of righteous, I can understand why you wouldn't want to replace it. I guess just pop an Elixir of Major Agility, that should put you into uncrushable with buffs.

[Edit] Ok, didn't fully read your post. Yes, you have enough avoidance for offtanking, only bosses can crush, and most of the bosses that you will need to dual tank (Moroes, Attumen, Opera and Netherspite) can be done while being crushable. Although, Netherspite could be a problem.
Spart

Postby sindorei » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:47 am

Spart wrote:Well, if you are losing 500MP from using Jade-Skull Instead of Righteous then you have socketed it wrong. Int isn't need all that much, for trash and such just use Seal of Wisdom, and for bosses have wisdom judged. Although, if you have the 2set bonus of righteous, I can understand why you wouldn't want to replace it. I guess just pop an Elixir of Major Agility, that should put you into uncrushable with buffs.

[Edit] Ok, didn't fully read your post. Yes, you have enough avoidance for offtanking, only bosses can crush, and most of the bosses that you will need to dual tank (Moroes, Attumen, Opera and Netherspite) can be done while being crushable. Although, Netherspite could be a problem.

lol i just got my tier4 [Justicar Handguards] today , and i am currently using [Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden] with 2x 12stam gems on it.
i lost huge stam/avoidance if i sub out the maiden gloves
another LOL.
sindorei

Postby Afraithe » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:39 am

Kind of depends on what you are offtanking.

If you are offtanking Gruul for example, you need to max your spelldamage and HP.

If you are offtanking trash, you should max your avoidance and ignore spelldamage, cause by the time its the DPS turn to take on your target, you should have enough threat regardless of gear.
Afraithe

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations