Remove Advertisements

Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Hammerjudge » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm seeing in wowhead mining giving 500 health now (not 35 stam) at max rank.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53040
Hammerjudge
Maintankadonor

Postby link » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:17 am

With the change to mining, i think i'm gonna go JC/Eng.

Gotta love sucking cloud. Unless BS BoP gears prove to be more interesting.
link

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:35 am

Hmm, I was thinking about Blacksmithing (have it already and extra sockets is sexy) and JC to go with it, but according to wowhead there is currently no stamina enchant for bracers, so LW might not look to bad.

I'll probably start out as miner/BS though, so I can level my profession while going along.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Origon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:36 am

BS and mining (dropped engineering to take BS)

If i end up not tanking, i'll take up a weapon specialization and go ret
Origon

Postby Solitatis » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:11 am

Question about bracers: BS armorsmith extra socket vs Enchant from enchanter vs fur linings. What overrides what?
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

Postby Eanin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:28 am

Hmm... I'm surprised no one mentioned tailoring. That Lightweave Embroidery looks like a nice threat boost that works every fight: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55642.

I want to have a look at the enchants to see if I can't just stack a ton of fur linings in my bank account then switch to another profession and so forth. You can do that with JC right now, for example. I'll probably develop short and longterm professions depending on what I can craft and then drop.
Eanin

Postby Damoclès » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:45 am

I won't change my profession for an item with "has a chance to" in it's tooltip
Damoclès

Postby Cowadin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:52 am

i want to see legitimate engineering recipes. i dont care about lil gadgets or a "badass ride." if there isn't a benefit similar to all the gear/sockets that BS provides, im def. dropping eng along with my goggles for BS.

i think mining is a must have for tanks, 350 (or 500) extra life is a nice gift.

-cow

EDIT** i do see that there are goggle patterns now.. still not sure if what is released so far will be enough vs the bs benefits tho.

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Tigermeat » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:09 am

I have always been a weaponsmith and miner(for my plate wearer). Not going to change now. It is quite sad to see how many others are going to take the same trades though. it was nice when everyone said BS sucked because then when I made something and auctioned it, it was the only one of its kind posted. When WotLK comes = saturated market for the lowly BS. And I have also noticed an alarming amount of people opting for mining if not for trades then for money making(on other forums as well). Yes, the earth will be picked clean in Northrend, every time a node pops up 10 people all scramble for it, and the inevitable "you NINJA you stole MY ore" /weep. I honestly didnt see your name etched into the node!
Tigermeat

Postby Corman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:32 am

I'm sticking with enchanting/jewelcrafting for the moment, because I can't NOT see the LW wrists getting nerfed... it's just.... too ridiculous. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to go BS/JC, LW/JC or BS/LW.
Corman

Postby Brand » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:09 am

I think I'll stick with BS/Mining, however currently I'm a swordsmith (for whatever insane reason, like I thought I'd be able to make some sweet swords or something) and I might swap to Armorsmith if the price is right (read: Epic Tanking Gears). Don't forsee a major profession change though.
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun." - Zap Rowsdower
Brand

Postby crabcrouton » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 am

Solitatis wrote:Question about bracers: BS armorsmith extra socket vs Enchant from enchanter vs fur linings. What overrides what?

So far, people are reporting that the extra sockets from BS don't override anything.

Fur Linings seems to override Enchants.

Enchanting as a whole is pretty lackluster so I'm thinking it'll get another pass soon. It's just too weak atm to compare to the other professions. Of course, once the level 80 equivalent of Mongoose comes out, I'll certainly be grinning like mad.
crabcrouton

Postby Kroda » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:21 pm

I'm sticking with Engineering/Hammersmithing at first.

I'll probably switch to Armorsmithing if we don't get an awesome BOP hammer.

I may drop Engineering for Jewelcrafting to maximize my benefit from extra gem slots if the goggles don't get an upgrade (the current tanking one is nice, but some of the BSing helms are better imo)

I will miss my Helicopter though :(
Kroda

Postby Hammerjudge » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Another poster, Heed, just pointed out in another thread:

They added a 24 stam ring enchant .
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=59636
Hammerjudge
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:38 am

You do not need Engineering to ride the motorcycle. It is NOT Engineer only. Please update the OP.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0&pageNo=3

Guys, there is a reason the motorcycle is on vendors for 5 gold. We're trying to hammer out all of the bugs before declaring it ready for prime time.

The motorcycle is intended to be a FUN mount that lets you and a buddy cruise around the world in style. It will be an engineering crafted item that will not require engineering to own/drive.

Thanks for the feedback/bugs. Keep 'em coming.
honorshammer

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK