Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mithos » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:41 pm

We recently changed our strat a little bit.

We had Me + Warrior1 on the sides, Warrior2 on sents-->entropius, and holy pally in SR gear on spawns (with a SD wpn/shield to swap out, and flask of blinding light etc).

It was changed so that I would tank the side then go onto entropius, so that Warrior2 could wear a bit of SR gear (about 2 items of SR gear). This was to reduce damage from Shadowbolt Volley, which was the main cause of his death (2 unavoided hits+shadow pulse+multiple unlucky volleys).

The only reason we swapped the tanking around was because we had a new sent tank, as our original one was away for a week. He did a fine job learning it, and got it down pretty quick (pretty much within 1 night), but his gear is lacking to tank entropius so the GM asked me to do it. It just so happened we discussed the sent tank wearing a little bit of SR to help the volley burst deaths.

Turns out my threat wasn't as horrible as I thought it'd be (as I'm in max avoidance gear/buffs for side tanking). Had about 605 spell dmg buffed, 10 expertise (racial/talent), and about 69% avoidance. I'm assuming radiance is active on him because I would be WAY over crush immune, but still saw unblocked normal hits. My reckoning was up a lot and the DPS were not capped at all (usually locks/some mages are but not by much).

Not really a response to anything but maybe this will help someone out.

Also randomly we are really close to a 4 minute transition. Our best was 4% on M'uru when the next wave of humanoids and the sent spawned. I think someone mentioned a while back that Darkness is active at this time so the entropius tank requires a MD?
Mithos

Postby Elsie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:20 am

it's a safe bet to always MD into p2.

You run the risk of not killing enough adds for the tank to get there in time. Nothing's worse than having to drag tons of stuff across the map.
Elsie

Postby Saltycracker » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:55 am

If you are tanking the sentinels, do you use seal of vengeance or seal of righteousness? My fear is that the sentinel will be dead by the time the vengeance stack is fully effective.
Saltycracker

Postby thomase » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:02 am

Righteousness is pretty much better then SoV whenever you aren't planning on taunting or have time prior.

SoV would be good in a fight like... well pretty much Brutallus only.
thomase

Postby thomase » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:36 am

Anyways, have to say that this a frustrating fight. If anything goes wrong it seems like a guaranteed wipe. Wooo phase two hits

- oops voidspawn un-enslaves halfway through? wipe
- oops poor transition and a sentinel pops on the other side of the room? wipe
- oops ball of bouncing spawns on the melee? wipe
- too much time killing void spawns? wipe due to lack of dps on the boss

And im so tired of things going wrong before the transition. Late parry/miss/dodge on adds? Wipe

I'm honestly losing heart to this fight. Its infinitely more annoying having a wipe night on this fight then on twins because one person dying fucks you completely. One mistake depending on the size wipes you. /sigh
thomase

Postby Cakes » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:36 pm

thomase wrote:Anyways, have to say that this a frustrating fight. If anything goes wrong it seems like a guaranteed wipe. Wooo phase two hits

- oops voidspawn un-enslaves halfway through? wipe
- oops poor transition and a sentinel pops on the other side of the room? wipe
- oops ball of bouncing spawns on the melee? wipe
- too much time killing void spawns? wipe due to lack of dps on the boss

And im so tired of things going wrong before the transition. Late parry/miss/dodge on adds? Wipe

I'm honestly losing heart to this fight. Its infinitely more annoying having a wipe night on this fight then on twins because one person dying fucks you completely. One mistake depending on the size wipes you. /sigh

Don't lose heart, the fight is extremely well tuned. However, you'll come to find that it doesn't require perfection, it just requires near perfection (sometimes the distinction is hardly visible). As we discovered, our first kill was damn near perfect, but many of our subsequent kills have been markedly sloppier. The difference being that we know how to counter almost every situation that arises now, including disconnects by people in the raid.

If you can get to phase 2, you can beat the fight. You have the coordination and the dps, you just need some patience and people doing their jobs.
Cakes

Postby Mithos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:48 pm

AH well there is always an MD to entropius tank, but if it's a 4 min transition with darkness then you NEED it rather than optional, is what I last heard.

What cakes said. Whatever you do don't lose heart and try to keep a good mood in the raid. This is very important, a lot of guilds gdisbanded on M'uru before the first nerf and for the regular style guild this can still be a danger if people get burned out, so try to keep positive and make sure your raid leaders/officers are too.

The fight doesn't require perfection, it just requires an aboslute shit load of practice. So many combinations of things can and will go wrong and with time you learn how to counter them, even DCs in the fight as Cakes mentioned.

The thing with phase 2 is that it completely relies on the transition and gravity balls pretty much. You NEED to time it so that M'uru dies with at least 5.1 seconds on the void spawn timer, preferably about 6-7. At this time both sides should have only 1 add up and almost always it can be burned down quick. Then, there are gravity balls...so fucking annoying for melee coupled with unlucky void zones. Sometimes the entropius tank is never still (we don't kite him as we don't have loads of melee), but this is rare with low numbers of melee.

All in all just keep spirits as high as you can and keep yourself focused :). Good luck.
Mithos

Postby axxon » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Did some searching in the videos section, but couldn find a video that showed a paladin tanking both sentinentals and voids. I've seen morganim has written that he has done it. So if you have frapsed it or anyone else for that matter it would be nice to see it :)

A warrior in my guild doubts its doable, and i like to show him a movie prove it :-) Anyway i doubt we will use the tactic where I as a paladin tank will tank both, i see me way more usefull in one of the doors.
axxon

Postby Morganim » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:21 pm

axxon wrote:Did some searching in the videos section, but couldn find a video that showed a paladin tanking both sentinentals and voids. I've seen morganim has written that he has done it. So if you have frapsed it or anyone else for that matter it would be nice to see it :)

A warrior in my guild doubts its doable, and i like to show him a movie prove it :-) Anyway i doubt we will use the tactic where I as a paladin tank will tank both, i see me way more usefull in one of the doors.

Lock who was on sentinal/spawn duty did a vid for it.

I personally havent seen it because he did it in high quality and im really bad at managing my internet cap lol
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C89LYXCY

we ended up doing it because it allowed an extra dps which is always handy on fights like this. Just like where used 1 less tank on felmyst and KJ
Morganim

Postby Jaspr » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:58 pm

axxon wrote:Did some searching in the videos section, but couldn find a video that showed a paladin tanking both sentinentals and voids. I've seen morganim has written that he has done it. So if you have frapsed it or anyone else for that matter it would be nice to see it :)

It's totally doable and helps quite a bit to have the extra DPS for p2. My guild ended up killing M`uru like this for our first kill.

http://wowwebstats.com/6jvof1epy3q1e?s=405833-445188

We adopted this strategy after losing a sunwell geared prot warrior ( suddenly decided he wanted to play a Tree Druid in another guild )
Jaspr

Postby Joanadark » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:59 am

Did some searching in the videos section, but couldn find a video that showed a paladin tanking both sentinentals and voids. I've seen morganim has written that he has done it. So if you have frapsed it or anyone else for that matter it would be nice to see it

A warrior in my guild doubts its doable, and i like to show him a movie prove it Anyway i doubt we will use the tactic where I as a paladin tank will tank both, i see me way more usefull in one of the doors.

My new guild, <Vodka> of Mannoroth, had their original paladin tank on both for thier first kill. Kinda hard to see much of it in the video though, because its the enhancement shaman's perspective.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:55 pm

thomase wrote:- oops voidspawn un-enslaves halfway through? wipe

If this is ever wiping you just kill all the spawns. Since the nerf you should be able to survive well beyond the point where the DPS is worth the risk.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Ankiseth » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:47 pm

Joanadark wrote:
Did some searching in the videos section, but couldn find a video that showed a paladin tanking both sentinentals and voids. I've seen morganim has written that he has done it. So if you have frapsed it or anyone else for that matter it would be nice to see it

A warrior in my guild doubts its doable, and i like to show him a movie prove it Anyway i doubt we will use the tactic where I as a paladin tank will tank both, i see me way more usefull in one of the doors.

My new guild, <Vodka> of Mannoroth, had their original paladin tank on both for thier first kill. Kinda hard to see much of it in the video though, because its the enhancement shaman's perspective.

you joined Vodka? What happened to Tekzor?
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
Ankiseth

Postby Joanadark » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Ret happened.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Ankiseth » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:57 pm

Joanadark wrote:

Ret happened.

oh. ew.

he's been trying to toy with Ret since Dread... *sigh*.
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
Ankiseth

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau